Now that's FUNNY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that's FUNNY!

I'm sure almost everybody is tired of the election mess but I can't resist commenting on something. Being from Canada, what I think about the US election is unimportant but I can't believe the down right funny $hit I heard this morning. It was Joe Lieberman's comments about how the Miami/Dade county was so intimidated by a band of Rep. demonstraters that they decided to ignore the courts ruling and not finish the hand recount. Is this guy serious? If I'm to believe him, the whole US election can be turned by a group of scrawny white people shouting "Let us in", if this is true then the US has no right being considered a World Power. Not only are these statements ridiculous, but even moreso is the credibility the media is giving it. I don't what to insult Dems., because quite frankly I don't know the policies of each party and I can't make a choice as to which would be better for the country, but the silly way the Dem. leaders are acting makes me think they have no business leading the most powerful nation in the world. I don't want this to become a thread of name calling, I only want to see if this is as funny to others as it is to me.

It really is crazy.

I also believe that the ballot counters didn't want to miss their Thanksgiving holidays, and that this probably entered into the equation.

[This message has been edited by sportshobby (edited 11-25-2000).]

Comment

Not half so funny as the situation up here in the frozen north. Five candidates for prime minister who respectively:

1) can keep a straight face when he tells the country that he is innocent in a potential corruption scandal - after all the ethics watchdog HE appointed tells him so

2) believes the earth was created 6000 years ago

3) believes he can win the election when he's currently running at 12 percent of the popular vote

4) wants to break up the country

5) wants to spend every penny we've got on social programs and damn the consequences

The Ottawa Citizen has an editorial cartoon today where they're passing out barf bags at the polling station in addition to ballots.

Hey Yanks - compared to us you've got two great candidates down there. Just pick one of them EH - so maybe the stock market can go up again.

'mute

Comment

wintermute, now that is funny! I have always noticed that Canada seems to be one of those countries that would be better off without a government...what do you guys need one for? You already pay about twice as much tax as us but nobody ever seems to want to invade you (other than us a few hundred years ago) you all seem to get along and have great race relations (compared to us)you have one of the highest standards of living in the world, and best of all, you LEGALIZE gambling! Now that is a country

Comment

Wintermute, do you think Day can't put his religious beliefs aside and run the country properly? I live in Alberta, and although I don't share some of his moral beliefs, I've never seen him put his morality over the job he had to do as AB's treasurer. Also, I've heard him talk often enough to know that he doesn't go around spouting off religious mumbo jumbo to anyone who will listen. In my opinion, although Day might not be the best PM we've ever had, his party is the best choice for our counrty now.

Comment

Although I'm not impressed by anyone that believes such nonsense I'll probably vote Alliance anyway. The fact that Day believes in Creationism really doesn't have much to do with running a country and I think he's honest which you can't say for some other people. After all, one of our former prime ministers talked to his dead mother and still did a passable job.

'mute

Comment

Wait a minute, how many "major" parties do you Canucks have now anyway? I understand the Quebec party as I have lived with the French in Europe (one of the reasons I'm here in the US now), but who are all those other 4 guys?

I had always thought Canada had a better grip on sanity in regards to the US, but lately (last 20 years or so, certainly the last 10) I wonder.

Comment

Five. The three old guys - Liberals , PC's and NDP. Plus 2 new kids on the bloc - Bloc Quebecois and Alliance ( used to be Reform ). Gotta keep up to date Geekinstein.

Comment

The reason the media is giving Loserman credibility is because they are on the same side.

Comment

Well to make this election more interesting (and because I thought it was a hell of a good bet) I took the LIBERALS TO FORM A 3RD MAJORITY at -150 at Pinnacle two weeks ago.

They had gone as high as -250 (at the same time as YABET was -169 - nice middle that) but now they're back down to -160 so who knows if that's the polls or just us "VULTURES" as some would say.

The one humourous part of all this is that we're going to know the result of our election before our neighbours to the south. he he. That's amusing. Although not that amusing for those of us still holding Al Gore tickets hoping that all the Democrats shaninigans pay off.

I'll tell ya, if I ever was going to run for election the dirty way, I'd be getting Bill Daley as my campaign manager in a hurry. He may be corrupt, under-handed and lacking scuples, but the man knows his politics. If the Republicans had somebody like him this thing would have been over two weeks ago.
                    yes

Comment

Working...
                    X