When "bad" lines help you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When "bad" lines help you

MNF, Green Bay @ Carolina. Second half GoTo had Green Bay +3.5 for a shot period of time. Since this was the first book that I checked the line on I didn't know what the line was everywhere else. I thought that +3.5 was great value for Green Bay and so I played a few units on it.
    As we all know the Packers got killed and the bet would have lost. But fortunately for me the bet was canceled and my money returned.

Fair enough...you say you didn't know what the line was....yeah right....The chalk losing by 3 at half-time & you get +3.5 on GB for the 2nd half.
    I hate to say it,but,the regular Joe will have known better and seen an obvious mistake on the line.So if you're telling me that you didn't take advantage of a mistake...I don't believe you...Hats off to GOTO who gave you your money back which I think isn't fair because you were in a no-lose situation where you would have won the bet and shut up OR lose the bet and bitch about the wrong line posted(which was in your advantage anyway).
    The Mediator

Comment

Mediator,
      That reply seems totally unfair to me. You suggest that all gamblers are experts on deriving second half spreads. Anyone who does not frequently bet halves would not be able to tell that line was reversed.

Comment

Actually, goto is known for posting very different 2nd half lines. I've talked with them about this, and my concern that they seem to intentionally provide incredibly different 2nd half lines, and this beinbg the case, how am I to be assured they won't cancel a bet because they get one-sided and don't want the action?

they have always provided 2nd half lines several points off--intentionally, so I don't know why they voided it, and had it won, I ould have complained, and left if they did not honor. For example, I once played a 2nd half game -2.5 +115 there when everywhere else it was -4....so why would this one have been a mistake?

Chilly

Comment

Hey TheMediator:

I'm not like some other people who bet on sports for a living and watch the Don Best screen for all the odds. I put a few hundred dollars on games to make watching more enjoyable. I didn't know what the spread was at the other shops, is that too hard to believe??? Your accusation that I'm a cheat or crook is completely unsubstantiated and you should think twice about posting something like that. If you must know I put $400 on GB 2H. I make over a quarter million a year annually through my businesses, do you really think I would try and cheat for $400. Cummon!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X