COLLEGE HOOP QUESTION.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COLLEGE HOOP QUESTION.....

DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER COLLEGE HOOP LINES EVER MOVING AS MUCH AS THEY ARE MOVING THIS SEASON?

IN THE AFTERNOON NO LESS!

REALITY

The movement is indeed astounding. However, what is even more astounding is the incredible amount of middles and sides that I've missed by 1/2 or 1 point. And if they paid off on "other side" middles instead of real middles, I'd be retired. Why is it that a 1,2,3, or 4 point dog is more likely to win exactly by the number the favorite is favored by than is the favorite?

Reality, if I remember correctly, you and Ronbets suggested that middlers keep a little extra on the "hot" side. That sounds good in theory, but in fact there has been a great deal of two-way line movement lately, which complicates that strategy.

Anyway, enough talk for now about line movement and middles. Apparently, the Gods of middling aren't pleased with me, so I need to return to my prayer room.

Comment

RENO,

I USED TO SIT IN A ROOM WITH TWO CLERKS AND I HAD TWO PRIVATE LINES.

I ANSWERED THE INCOMING ,THE CLERKS BET OUT.

I MADE A NICE LIVING DOING THIS FOR 5 YEARS UNTIL MY SLOW OUTS BECAME BROKE OUTS.

THE TWENTY PLAYERS I HANDLED WERE REFERED TO AS THE "PACKAGE".

YOU PROBABLY COULD NAME THE FIRST TEN PLAYERS.

THE SECOND 10 WERE LESS KNOWN BUT JUST AS GOOD.

ANYONE WHO HAD THE PACKAGE GENERALLY AGREED YOU WOULD PAY THEM 40 WEEKS OUT OF THE YEAR.

THAT ALONE TELLS YOU A LITTLE TACK ON WHEN MIDDLING HELPS OVERCOME THE DRY SPELLS.

REALITY

Comment

REALITY[Quote] DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER COLLEGE HOOP LINES EVER MOVING AS MUCH AS THEY ARE THIS SEASON? IN THE AFTERNOON NO LESS?

Not really, but I'll try to explain why.

Years ago the bulk of all early afternoon CBB wagering was done exclusively in Vegas(few exceptions). A few select shops(Churchill Dwns. DelMar,etc.) had the savvy and nerve to put up early #s. The majority of America waited until 5 or 6 pm. to start dealing the hit #s. Also, sharp and continual line service was at a premium those days. The RFK interstate gaming laws made everyone paranoid. As I've stated in other threads, those laws were enacted to squelch the ethnic BMs, wiseguys, or anyone else that didn't worship big bro's PT109.

In those times 60's-70's, the comparable thing to the DBScreen was calling a big connected office 10 minutes to post for a rundown. In lieu of seeing the black marks, you'd hear them. They(office) wanted atleast a courtesy play(nominal) for the rundown. Kids these days have the gall for multi rundowns and no plays. My shop--see ya! Anyway, the swings of 1 to 3 point moves would occur 5 to 10 minutes before post.

Vegas shops would get killed booking CBB in December. For a few years, most of the town would not book CBB until after New Years. DelMar and privates were the exception.

Todays games are being dealt globally 24/7 much in the same manner as the NASDAQ. The more the public consumes sports gaming, the more decriminalized it becomes. As REALITY has said, "The Professional player's line is always sharper than the BM's." With the wealth of info available after the #s are posted, keep looking for even more line movement.

Comment

to Reno:

However trite it might sound the "knowledge is power" axiom is alive and well in college basketball.

Get a direct TV schedule of televised basketball games. If the favorite looks good and covers invariably this year there's been a 2-4 point swing their way the next game.

Comment

RONBETS,

THE REMARKABLE THING ABOUT THIS VOLATILE LINE MOVEMENT IS THE AFTERNOON ACTION.

THE WISEGUYS CAN'T AFFORD TO TIP THEIR HAND THIS EARLY BECUASE THEY NEED THE BALANCE OF WHAT'S LEFT OF THE U.S. EAST COAST OFFICES TO GET WHAT THEY NEED TO FILL THEIR ORDERS.

SOMEBODY WITH A REAL GOOD OPINION IS PLAYING ON THESE SIDES AND UPSETTING THE APPLE CART.

AT NIGHT THE TALENT HAS TO COME IN DRIVE THE INFLATED PRICE BACK DOWN WITH A PHONEY ORDER AND THEN GO BET WITH BOTH HANDS.

THE TALENT DOSEN'T PARTICULARLY LIKE THIS BECAUSE IN THE PAST IF A GAME WAS 6 AND THEY DROVE IT DOWN TO 4 WITH A PHONEY AND THEN BET THE GAME -4, AND IT LANDED 5,THEY TOOK ALL THE MONEY.

I WAS TOLD THIS IS KEEPING THEM FROM PLAYING MANY ADDITIONAL GAMES,BECAUSE THE AFTERNOON PLAY WAS DRIVING THE NUMBER TOO FAR OUT OF WHACK FOR A PHONEY ORDER TO CORRECT IT...

REALITY

Comment

MAKES SENSE! Same old guys had the market locked up for years and now new sharp competition emerges. Shakes up the monopoly? Free markets are GOOD. Thanks for sharing info.

Comment

Reality & Ronbets, good points. In the New World Sportbetting Order, is clear that new betting syndicates are emerging that will challenge the old-timers and create chaos in the sportsbetting marketplace. And in the case of baseball, the trend is even international, with Taiwanese and Australian groups starting to compete with American syndicates.

As sportsbetting gradually becomes more acceptable within the mainstream, we could start to see some huge new players emerge on the scene. For example, imagine the impact that guys like Paul Allen and Mark Cuban would have if they preferred betting to owning a team.

When we see how much offshore betting has grown and changed in just the past couple of years, it is exciting to imagine what the offshore industry will be like in the coming years.

Comment

Gee we all played nice in this thread...

Comment

Working...
                  X