bet cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bet cancelled

Last night Olympic posted the Grand Salami at 69.5 for 11 hockey games for Wednesday's action. I bet the under. Today I find out that the bet was cancelled, because it was a BAD line. They said it should have been 59.5
    Spiro is the #1 guy in the biz, But please, hire people to monitor the lines that know what # is bettable.

KEEP IN MIND HE ALSO CANCELLED THE BETS OF THE IDIOTS LIKE A FRIEND OF MINE WHO WENT OVER THE 69.5.

FOR A NICKLE NO LESS...

REALITY

Comment

windmill, c'mon you can't seriously not have known that that was a mistake line. Obviously if you're betting the salami you have a pretty good idea what it should come out at, it's not difficult to add up 11 totals after all.

you should have called them up and told them about it instead of trying to take advantage

Comment

BROTHER GREEDO,

AN ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF HONEST BETTING ETTIQUETE.

MAY THE SALAMI ON YOUR SANDWICH ALWAYS BE GENOA AND MAY THE SALAMI IN YOUR N.H.L. WAGERS ALWAYS BE THE WINNING SIDE.

AMEN!

PEACE BROTHER GREEDO...

BROTHER REALITY

Comment

guido- if a man puts up a # and takes a bet, he damn well should honor that bet. Your misguided sympathy is disingenuous. Call the Salvation Army if you want sanctification.

Comment

BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO DON'T BET INTO AN INCORRECTLY POSTED LINE,FOR THEY SHALL INHERIT THE LUCK TO WIN BY A HALF POINT INSTEAD OF LOSE BY A HALF POINT...

AMEN!

BROTHER REALITY

Comment

Yeah,

Not like the average NHL scored jumped a goal in the last day.

That's obviously a typo.

Comment

Reality is absolutely right. Players should never try to take advantage of an obvious mistake. If a player has a question about a betting a line that seems out of whack, he should contact the book regarding the situation. If players expect books to act honorably, they should do likewise.

Comment

BROTHER RENO,

THIS IS KILLING ME...

WELCOME TO THE CHURCH OF HONEST BETTING ETTIQUETE.

MAY YOUR JOHNNY WALKER BE BLUE NOT BLACK...

MAY YOUR HAGEN DAZ HAVE HALF THE CALORIES AND TWICE THE FLAVOR...

MAY YOUR SCALPS NEXT YEAR BE TWICE YOUR CAREER AVERAGE...

AMEN!

PEACE BROTHER.

BROTHER REALITY

P.S.

A TEACHER TELLS HER CLASS SHE WILL GIVE A DOLLAR TO THE STUDENT WHO CAN IDENTIFY THE GREATEST HUMAN BEING THAT EVER LIVED.

SHE LOOKS AT ALL THE STUDENTS AND SHE CALLS ON JEFF FROM BW.

JEFF SAID BILL GATES FROM MICROSOFT BECAUSE HE MADE BETTORSWORLD POSSIBLE.

THE TEACHER SAID VERY GOOD ANSWER.

BILL GATES IS A GREAT MAN BUT IT IS NOT WHO I HAD IN MIND.

NEXT SHE CALLED ON REALITY.

REALITY SAID ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL,BECAUSE HE INVENTED THE PHONE AND THE PHONE HELPED EXPAND THE BOOKMAKING BUSINESS.

THE TEACHER SAID VERY GOOD ANSWER.

ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL WAS A GREAT MAN BUT IT IS NOT WHO I HAD IN MIND.

FINALLY SHE CALLS ON RENO.

RENO SAYS,JESUS CHRIST!

THE TEACHER SAID VERY GOOD,COME UP AND COLLECT YOUR DOLLAR.

JESUS CHRIST IS THE GREATEST MAN THAT EVER LIVED,AND SHE GAVE RENO THE DOLLAR.

AFTER CLASS SHE CALLED RENO UP AND TOLD HIM I CAN'T BELIEVE A JEWISH KID WOULD SAY JESUS CHRIST.

RENO REPLIED,"I WANTED TO SAY MOSES,BUT BUSINESS IS BUSINESS!"

[This message has been edited by REALITY (edited 12-07-2000).]

Comment

If this were a case of the line off by 2 points or 15-20 cents, I'd just have to be a backslider and side with the player. But 10 hockey goals off? I don't think so.

Comment

Gentleman,
                      Please note that the Devils-Sabres game was postponed yesterday. Therefore only 10 games were played. All bets placed on the Grand Salami were no action at every book. We are not talking about a bad line here, were talking about a postponed game.

Comment

Why is this even an issue??

The rules for the Grand Salami (I assume at all places) is that all the listed games must be played for action. Since the Buffalo/New Jersey game did not happen, the Grand Salami bet is refunded.

The only possible difference I could see would be if a book had decided to honor the bet until after the playing of the postponed game tonight and then decided the total. But almost every book's rules states that for hockey, baseball, football, basketball etc. the games must go on the date specified.

I realize windmill is talking about a different situation (and might have some argument had all 11 games been played), but the bottom line was that they weren't.

I agree with others though, if a line is obviously bad then call the book and tell them the problem. Chances are you'll get a bonus, but even if you don't you'll feel better about yourself. If you expect the books to be fair with you, then you have to return the favour.

Comment

Get a dose of R E A L I T Y!

Is it necessary that you start bringing in
                          off topic snipes on religion???

Obviously you didn't learn how to release the Caps Lock key while you were away on your self-imposed exile... Nor did you learn
                          self-control.

Maybe I should start bashing you again so can
                          take a LOA and think about what really BW is about.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fedya Fussball:
                            [B]Get a dose of R E A L I T Y!

Is it necessary that you start bringing in
                            off topic snipes on religion???

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU REFERING TO?

YOU DON'T LIKE BROTHER REALITY'S POST'S DON'T F*****G READ THEM.

YOU BETTER NOT BE REFERING TO RENO BEING JEWISH IN THE JOKE.

HE HAS ON MORE THAN ONE OCASSION POSTED ABOUT BEING JEWISH AND IN THE JOKE HE IS THE SMART GUY WHO GETS THE DOLLAR.

RENO/REALITY IS A THING OF THE PAST.

IF RENO FOUND THIS JOKE OFFENSIVE,I'LL POST A PERSONAL APOLOGY.

ONLY HE CAN MAKE THAT CALL,NOT YOU!

Obviously you didn't learn how to release the Caps Lock key while you were away on your self-imposed exile... Nor did you learn
                            self-control.

OBVIOUSLY YOUR POSTING PERSONA HASN'T CHANGED AND YOU STILL HAVE NO MANNERS...

Maybe I should start bashing you again so can
                            take a LOA and think about what really BW is about.

AS GORDON LIDDY ONCE SAID:

IN A BATTLE OF WITS YOU ARE UNARMED!

YOU WANT TO START RATTLING MY CAGE GET READY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES.

WHO DIED AND LEFT YOU IN CHARGE OF THE ASYLUM?

DON'T WRITE NO CHECKS,YOU CAN'T CASH...

REALITY

[This message has been edited by REALITY (edited 12-07-2000).]

Comment

Reality's ethnic joke doesn't bother me in the least. And that is because it is based on a stereotype that is true. Politically correct people don't like stereotypes. They want to live in a dream world where eveyone is the same except for the color of their skin. Anyone who sees things as they are know that stereotypes have real validity.

Comment

Working...
                              X