BOOKMAKERS DEBATE....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOKMAKERS DEBATE....

WEAK NUMBERS WILL BREAK A BOOKMAKER FASTER THAN SHARP PLAYERS...

TRUE OR FALSE?

REALITY

False. Sharp players attack weak numbers, without sharp players the weak numbers will just sit there.

True. If you believe the fish/squares/suckers are now sharps too. This internet thing is pretty cool.

Comment

And without the weak numbers the sharp players will just pass (and play elsewhere). It takes both.

Comment

NUMBERS ARE DEPENTENT UPON RESULTS IN ORDER TO JUDGE WEATHER THEY ARE WEAK, STRONG OR OTHERWISE. misty

Comment

What is the meaning of "A SHARP PLAYER"

If you were the BEST "numbers Man" hands down, without a doubt...... Would you call the Players playing with you SHARP? They might be SHARP PLAYERS to other people.... But to the SHARPEST person around... They would just be players that were SMARTER than the other Players.

In my opinion Players are only SHARP if you LET THEM be!

Without weak numbers... There would be NO SHARP PLAYERS. These so-called SHARP PLAYERS are SHARP only because they take advantage of the Books that ARE NOT SMART!

And that's about 95% of the Bookies today! That's why the industry has SO MANY SHARP PLAYERS....... because MOST of the Bookies are NOT TOO SMART!

If your numbers are weak....... You probably are making alot more of your Players "SHARP"... even those that aren't! You can make an DUMMY a SHARP PLAYER and make a LOSER a WINNER if you give him bad numbers...

SHARP PLAYERS are just SMART PLAYERS!

P.S.

The term "SHARP PLAYER" was made up by Bookies, So that they didn't have to tell People that these certain PLAYERS they had were SMARTER than THEM!

So they called them "SHARP PLAYERS" and not what they really are....... They really are just SMART PLAYERS! SMARTER than THEM!

Comment

PUPSTER, PLEASE DEFINE A WEAK NUMBER? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN DECLARE A NUMBER TO BE ANYTHING UNTIL THE RESULTS OF THE CONTEST ARE POSTED.

Comment

REALITY:

If weak number means you open -3 and by the time the game starts the team is -7 and the wins by 8 ... Was this a weak number problem or too many sharps????

Riddle me!!!

On the other hand Sharps get extra information about a game which many not be readily available or masked. In that case no matter what the number is whether it be weak or strong the Bookie is stuff...

Which brings me the question of bookies saving their asses any punting with other bookies to cover weak numbers.

Saw this alot on Aussie racetrack when there was a humongous plunge.

Comment

REALITY:

If weak number means you open -3 and by the time the game starts the team is -7 and the wins by 8 ... Was this a weak number problem or too many sharps????

Riddle me!!!

On the other hand Sharps get extra information about a game which many not be readily available or masked. In that case no matter what the number is whether it be weak or strong the Bookie is stuff...

Which brings me the question of bookies saving their asses any punting with other bookies to cover weak numbers.

Saw this alot on Aussie racetrack when there was a humongous plunge.

Comment

F.F.

A GAME THAT OPENS 3 AND CLOSES 7 IS DEFINITELY A WEAK LINE.

THE BEST LINE IS THE LINE THAT MOVES LEAST AND IS STILL ATTRACTIVE TO BETTORS BETTING BOTH THE FAV AND THE DOG.

IN A PERFECT WORLD FOR A B.M.HE POSTS A NUMBER 4 AND WRITES EQUAL ACTION ON BOTH SIDES AND THE LINE NEVER MOVES.

IN A PERFECT WORLD IF A B.M.COULD POST THE CLOSING NUMBER IN THE MORNING HE WOULDN'T NEED A BANKROLL.

IT IS NOT A PERFECT WORLD.

MY DEFINITION OF A WEAK LINE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE END RESULT OF THE CONTEST.

WHAT CONSTITUTES A WEAK LINE TO ME IS A NUMBER THAT IS WEAK AT IT'S INCEPTION AND AS IT IS BET THE GAP BETWEEN THE OPENING AND CLOSING NUMBER GETS WIDER AND WIDER.

AS THE GAP IN THE LINE GETS LARGER THE CHANCE FOR PROFITABILITY GETS SMALLER.

IT IS AN INVERSE PROPORTION.

IT IS THE REASON BIG CLEARING HOUSES LIKE CRIS AND OLYMPIC WHO POST THEIR LINES FIRST ASPIRE TO WIN BETWEEN 1 AND 2%.

THEY NEED TO WRITE IT ALL SO THAT HOPEFULLY THE JUICE CAN OVERCOME THE EXPOSURE IN THE LINE.

BIG POST UP SHOPS ASPIRE TO WIN BETWEEN 3 AND 5% BECAUSE THEY OPEN LATER WITH AN IRONED OUT LINE AND HAVE AN ABUNDANCE OF RECREATIONAL PLAYERS.

REALITY

[This message has been edited by REALITY (edited 01-06-2001).]

Comment

"R"MAN, I OPEN THE DAY WITH THE RAIDERS -10 AND CLOSED AT -12. WHICH NUMBER WAS WEAK? misty

Comment

Originally posted by MISTY:
                      "R"MAN, I OPEN THE DAY WITH THE RAIDERS -10 AND CLOSED AT -12. WHICH NUMBER WAS WEAK? misty
                      THE NUMBER OF DOLLARS IN YOUR BANKROLL.

REALITY

Comment

"R"MAN, ENLIGHTEN ME. YOUR ANSWER IS VAGUE. NO DISRESPECT FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE, BUT MY POINT IS THAT A NUMBER CANNOT BE DEFINED UNTIL YOU KNOW THE RESULT. ONE COULD EASILY INFER THAT I'M "SHARP" DUE TO MY ABILITY TO PERDICT THE OUTCOMES OF SPORTING EVENTS. BY THE WAY, MY BANKROLL IS VERY SMALL. misty

Comment

MISTY,

A WEAK LINE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RESULT OF THE CONTEST.

IN THE OAK./MIAMI GAME YESTERDAY THERE WERE 8.0/8.5/9.0 ON THE GAME.

YOU CANT SAY ANY OF THESE LINES ARE WEAK BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL IN RANGE ACCORDING TO WHAT IS BET IN EACH PARTICULAR HOUSE.

I'M ASSUMING YOUR STATEMENT THAT YOU OPENED OAK.-10 AND CLOSED -12 IS TONGUE IN CHEEK BECAUSE OF THE RESULT.

IN REALITY,NO PUN INTENDED,IF YOUR CLOSING LINE IS 50% OFF THE NORM YOU HAVE A TIME BOMB FOR BANKRUPTCY JUST WAITING TO GO OFF.

YOUR 12 ON OAK.MIGHT LOOK STRONG TODAY BECAUSE OF THE RESULT, BUT TRUST ME THERE ARE MANY PLAYERS IN THIS FORUM THAT HAVE DREAMS OF YOU BEING BILL GATES'S SON AND OPENING UP:

MYSONSSOFTLINES.COM.

IF YOU MOVE LINES IN THIS FASHION,CUSTOMERS DEFINITELY WONT BE ONE OF YOUR PROBLEMS...

REALITY

Comment

"R"MAN, LET ME SEE IF I CAN LEARN SOMETHING. BEING AT MY ADVANCED AGE, IT SOMETIMES TAKES A LITTLE PRODDING FOR ME TO SEE THE LIGHT. IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO TELL ME WHICH "NUMBERS" ARE WEAK ON TODAYS MENU I'D WOULD BE INDEBTED. thanx, misty

Comment

MISTY,

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT.

THE NFL LINES ARE SOLID AS A ROCK.

YOU WANT TO SEE WEAK LINES?

COPY THE OPENERS IN COLLEGE BASKETS AND SEE WHAT LINES MOVE 2 0R MORE POINTS.

REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOMES THOSE LINES ARE IN MY OPINION WEAK LINES.

THE PROS ONLY LOOK TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WEAK NUMBERS SO WHEN YOU SEE THE LINE MOVING BIG TIME IT WILL JUST BE ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE PRO PLAYER BEING SHARPER THAN THE PRO ODDSMAKER...

IN EVERY SPORT!

REALITY

[This message has been edited by REALITY (edited 01-07-2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X