Another poorly specified NFL prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another poorly specified NFL prop

Took Ray Lewis "OVER 6.5 TOTAL TACKLES" vs Raiders. Lewis finished with 5 solo and 2 assisted tackles. The bet has been graded 5, and a loser. I would have thought TOTAL TACKLES would include both categories as the official NFL web-site records them. Am I mistaken? No response from my book as yet 2 days later. Any thoughts....

i think the toyal # of tackles would be 6. solo tackles count 1 and assists count as a half a tackle

Comment

well, there are tackles, tackles and tackles

You can add up tackles like that with assists being a half tackle, statswise.

However, if graded 5 they have done it wrong, both ways. It should have specified solo tackles only.

Comment

Some of the props offered are so confusing and it should be specified in "details" to avoid CONFUSION. This is not far from having a sign-up bonus when joining a newcomer shop.

Comment

I know it's a pain in the ass but if you're not sure, you should call the book before you bet a prop if it could be graded in different ways. It really shouldn't be on the player to do this but if the grading isn't specified, and you really want to bet it, then you better make sure. Or try to find a book where the prop rules are more specific.

Comment

I tend to side with the books on the prop disputes. Usually seems to me that the players are trying to exploit an ambiguity.
            That being said, a couple of observations (probably worth what you paid for them):

1) Ray Lewis averaged 7.0 Solo Tackles per game and 1.6 assisted tackles.
            Vs 6.5
            Solo Tackles 6 over & 13 under
            Total Tackles 13 over - 6 under
            Neither line looks very reasonable.

2) Directly from the NFL web page:

Individual statistics: tackles*
            * Tackles are not an official NFL statistic. Teams record tackles individually. Because of differences in standards, discrepancies may arise when comparing tackles from player to player or team to team.

Tackles are not even an official statistic. Great.

3) If the prop read total tackles, you are clearly in the right. Total tackles is a column on the NFL statistics page. I bet they regrade the prop in your favor.

Comment

Working...
            X