Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys see anything wrong with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys see anything wrong with this?

Yesterday, I jumped on New Jersey +8 for the limit with a local guy. This was when I saw a few books go to 7 and Sports Market go to 6.5. I was unaware that Iverson may not play. About 2 minutes later, the game was taken off the board and the urgent message was that Iverson may not play, but it wasn't for sure. Yes I ended up laying the 4.5 offshore when the number came back on the board. Today, I was cussed out for not telling my guy he was out after I played it. I told him I did not know at the time. Did I do anything wrong here? I would definately let someone know about an injury after I bet a game, but I did not know at that particular time. I am always honest with my bookies and always correct them if they make an obvious mistake. Is it my responsibility to call him back 5 minutes later to let him know that Iverson is not playing even if I did not know that when I bet it? What do you guys think? Am I in the wrong?

FRANK,

YOU ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO TELL YOUR GUY ANYTHING.

WOULD HE TELL YOU IVERSON WAS OUT BEFORE YOU BET PHILLY?

IF YOU WANTED TO BE A GENTLEMAN AND TELL HIM WHAT YOU KNOW,KUDOS TO YOU.

I USED TO GET INJURIES VERY EARLY AND I ALWAYS PLAYED FOR ONLY TWO THIRDS OF THE LIMIT ON THE GAME AND TOLD THE OFFICE ON THE CALL WHAT I KNEW.

FOR MY FRIENDS IN THE BUSINESS I WOULD MAKE A SECOND CALL TO THEM WHEN I FOUND OUT A PLAYER WAS DEFINITELY OUT BECAUSE OF THE PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP THAT EXISTED.

WHERE THERE WAS ONLY A PLAYER/BOOK RELATIONSHIP I GAVE NO SUCH CALL.

FROM THE BALANCE OF YOUR POST I SENSE YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL OF INTEGRITY.

YOU DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG AND BELIEVE ME IF I THOUGHT YOU DID I WOULD BE THE FIRST TO LET YOU KNOW...

REALITY

Comment

IN A PLAYERS FORUM IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE A QUESTION SUCH AS THIS DIDN'T GET MORE OF A RESPONSE.

UPON FURTHER REVIEW...

ANYBODY???

REALITY

Comment

I thought you answered it pretty well.

Comment

The same situation arose on Sunday when Shaq was out. I played the Knicks, then let them know that Shaq might not play. Each guy I bet with thanked me and showed no ill will for me betting it. I did it not only to keep a good relationship with them but also so they don't get beat up too bad to not be able to pay me. These are local guys who have small limits but I can always get down the hot side of the steam with them. So even with the paltry limits, they are well worth it to play into because they create a lot more middle opportunities and I wouldn't want to lose that over something silly like not telling them of an injury AFTER I already played the game.

Comment

Hello all,
            Just my 2 cents. I usually wager on games I feel I know something about, however, I do not consider myself a very good handicapper. By handicapper I mean setting a line. I usually like to play on emotion, streaks, and trends. To get to the point I usually trust the books with their number. If they have a number at 8 I assume they know everything about the game and 8 is the "right" number. Therefore I do not feel there is any responsibility for the player to inform the book of an injury, it is THEIR business. They make the line not us, we just play the line! What should we say..."oh they are getting 8 but did you know that so and so is not playing? Oh, ok then they are getting 2, ok I will take the 2!!" Just my opinion sorry so long!
            JT

Comment

You lose a max bet to your bookie and he cusses you out? What does he do when you win a bet? Break your legs?

Comment

Working...
              X