Question about WAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about WAP

I noticed Intertops now has a site for betting with your palm pilot. I also know that some Qualcomm and Ericson phones allow you to check out certain sites on the web.

Does anyone know if there currently exists, or if there is any future plans for a product where you can actually surf the web with a wireless device. I know at times on weekends I'd like to check out sites for updates but an internet terminal may not be readily available and I certainly don't want to lug a notebook around.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Hartley:
    I noticed Intertops now has a site for betting with your palm pilot. I also know that some Qualcomm and Ericson phones allow you to check out certain sites on the web.

Does anyone know if there currently exists, or if there is any future plans for a product where you can actually surf the web with a wireless device. I know at times on weekends I'd like to check out sites for updates but an internet terminal may not be readily available and I certainly don't want to lug a notebook around.

Thanks.
    I thought there was already something like that out? Have you seen that commercial online where the guy is trading stocks wireless over a cell phone?
    [url="http://www.bettorstalk.com"]bettorstalk.com[/url]

Comment

A Nokia Communicator (tm) might do the trick? They've been around for some years now. Or then a similar thing by other manufacturers. Plenty of WAP phones around too for less useful wireless communication.

(Sorry if this was too obvious?)

Comment

Working...
      X