Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Super Bowl Prop at Olympic (Spiro?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Super Bowl Prop at Olympic (Spiro?)

I took "Ron Dayne total rushing yards Over 14.5" for SB XXXV. He hasn't been on the field for even one snap during the whole game. If Olympic counts my bet as a loss, should I call them about it? They cancelled my "Shaq missed FT +3.5 vs. Dilfer completions - 3.5" prop because Shaq didn't play against the Knicks. Should they also cancel the Ron Dayne prop since R. Dayne didn't play either? (He didn't even line up for a single snap!) Or is it properly a loss?

[This message has been edited by salak (edited 01-28-2001).]

I believe he was on the field in the 1st quarter when the Giants were on their 1 yd line. They were going to hand it off when the false start occured. He didn't play in a real play,because of the penalty, but he was in on a snap.

Comment

Hmmm...I guess I was in the kitchen during that play. I didn't see that. Oh well...

Comment

No, you lost.

Shaq had an injury which kept him out of the game. Dayne was on the field for at least one play. Even if he was'nt, you lost. It was the coachs decision not to use him much. He was healthy and ready to play. Had the Giants jumped out to a lead, you can be sure Dayne would have been utilized to pound away on the defense and eat clock time. A loss is a loss, move on.
        No offense intended. I don't like losing either!

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey:
          No, you lost.

Shaq had an injury which kept him out of the game. Dayne was on the field for at least one play. Even if he was'nt, you lost. It was the coachs decision not to use him much. He was healthy and ready to play. Had the Giants jumped out to a lead, you can be sure Dayne would have been utilized to pound away on the defense and eat clock time. A loss is a loss, move on.
          No offense intended. I don't like losing either!
          Chill man, I got it. I wasn't sure if he dressed up since I didn't see that one play that jr476 told me he was on the field for. Now, I know and I realize that it was a proper loss. I have already moved on.

Comment

Under/Over number of disputed superbowl props?

Comment

think you need a full staff just to count the number of props olympic had, wisedat, let alone set that line

Comment

Comments on this one ?

ESPN has t.barder receiving yards as 26 (i needed that number for push on a prop) .. sportsline has the
                same stat at 25 yards (a loser for me). I anticipate an argument with a book on this.
                I've seen 25 at 4 site and 26 at 3 sites
                DO I have a case here ???

wiser..

Comment

The Good news is NFL.com , which is usually used for "Official" stats has 26 Yards. I wish you luck.

[This message has been edited by The Guesser (edited 01-29-2001).]

Comment

Ron Dayne was in the game. The announcers even mentioned it. It was either in the late 1st or early 2nd quarter. He was the only back that play but they passed. I would think that if he did not play you would have a beef. But he did play even though he didn't have a carry.

Comment

Working...
                    X