WOW!!

Why couldn't it be me? .

Comment

How close did the guy come on the Syracuse game? LOL

May all your bets be winners
      May all your bets be winners
      www.footballstart.com

Comment

OLYMPIC SPORTS THE # 1 OFF-SHORE SPORTS BOOK.

JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF SPIRO GIVING HIS PLAYERS,"MORE BANG FOR THE BUCK"

OLYMPIC SPORTS,"WHERE YOU CAN PUT UP A TOOTHPICK AND WALK AWAY WITH THE FOREST"

AND HAVE THE CASH NOT SAWDUST DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR OVERNITE.

SPIRO,YOU ARE THE GREATEST...

SU AMIGO,

REALITY

Comment

But he/she missed out on another $43,066

Comment

OZ,

A LITTLE THING KNOWN AS A MAX.PAYOUT CAP.

A.DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO DEALS THESE LINES THAT MAKE UP THIS BET?

B.DO YOU KNOW SOMEBODY WHO WOULD ACCEPT THIS BET AND FIGURE IT AT ACTUAL ODDS.

C.DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO AFTER ACCEPTING THIS BET HAS THE REPUTATION AND FINANCIAL MEANS TO FED-EX YOUR WINNINGS OVERNIGHT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW...

REALITY

Comment

I wonder why Olympic's software doesn't prevent the bets with possible payouts exceeding those 100k. Does it, at least, warn the bettor if the payout may exceed 100k?

When I was working in a sports book in Kiev, we had several very serious conflicts with the bettors in similar situations. And we even didn't use computers in our shops at the time. The bettors just kept asking: why didn't she (the cashier who took the bet) tell me?

I understand that a book is under no obligation to warn bettors in such cases, I just think that it is not hard to do, when the bets are accepted online.

$43066 is not a small amount of money.

Comment

OZ,

I didn't see your post, when I was making mine.

And one more note. With the odds in this ridiculous (in my opinion) American format I wonder what fraction of Olympic's customers is able to figure out the payout for this parlay.

Comment

ALEC,

A 15 TEAM PARLAY ON THE MONEY LINE?

I DON'T KNOW ANOTHER BOOK THAT WOULD TAKE A 15 TEAMER WITH A POINT SPREAD.

THIS IS GREAT SHOT FOR PARLAY PLAYERS.

IT'S LIKE HITTING A SPORTS LOTTO JACKPOT.

AND WE ALL KNOW THE LOTTO PAYOUTS AND JACKPOTS RUN BY GOVERNMENT ARE NOWHERE NEAR THE ACTUAL ODDS OR PAYOUT.

FOR A $5 BET I THINK ANYBODY WOULD BE THRILLED TO HIT THIS, ESPECIALLY AT OLYMPIC WHERE YOU KNOW YOU'LL GET PAID,NO QUESTIONS ASKED...

I MAY BE REALITY BUT I COULD GET INTO THE FANTASY OF HITTING SOMETHING LIKE THIS REAL EASY.

I REMEMBER HITTING A 4 TEAMER IN BASEBALL,ALL DOGS AT C.R.I.S. FOR A 100 LARGE BUT I PUT UP $5,000 TO MAKE THE BET.

THIS GENTLEMAN PUT UP 5 GROCERY DOLLARS!

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER THE LUCKY PLAYER HERE WAS GOING THROUGH AS THE SCORES STARTED ROLLING IN?

WHAT A RUSH!

REALITY

Comment

Reality,

I couldn't agree with you more.
                    This is one tough crowd.
                    I think it is funny that a guy wins 100k and all anybody wants to talk about is the cap.

Regards,

Hamhog

Comment

REALITY,

There is nothing I can disagree about in your last post, but you didn't even touch the question that I asked.

So let me repeat the question.

Why doesn't Olympic's software prevent the bets with possible payouts exceeding those 100k?

Now let's talk about emotions. Imagine this situation: all matches included in this parlay are over and the only one that remains to be played is Orlando Magic -230.

What are the odds for this bet (remember 100k maximum)? The odds are 1.0028!

So, roughly speaking, if Orlando wins you get the SAME money as if you didn't include it in the parlay. But if Orlando loses you get NOTHING.

What would you feel in such a situation?

Comment

ALEC,

THE SAME AS IF I WAS WATCHING THE LOTTO DRAWING AND I HAVE THE FIRST FIVE NUMBERS.

I'M ON MY KNEES PRAYING FOR DIVINE INTERVENTION TO LET MY 6TH NUMBER FALL.

THIS IS LOTTO,PURE AND SIMPLE,NOT SERIOUS SPORTS WAGERING...

IN REGARDS TO YOUR QUESTION ABOUT THE SOFTWARE LIMITING THE PLAY,I CAN'T ANSWER THIS FOR SPIRO.

REALITY

Comment

Reality-

As long as we're fantasizing, do you think Spiro (or any other bm with such a stellar reputation)would let you hedge the 15th event after 1 through 14 had won? As in, can I have 50k on credit to play the spread against my last game?

Jeff

Comment

[This message has been edited by Hamhog (edited 02-04-2001).]

Comment

Hamhog,

Could you please go into details?

Comment

Working...
                              X