Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPECIAL DELIVERY FOR JEFF....

Originally posted by Jeff:
    What about two books with one bookmaker??
    JEFF,

THERE ARE SOME ISOLATED CASES WHERE TWO SHOPS ARE RUN BY ONE B.M.

WHY?

ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY,CONVENIENCE,ETC.

IN THE CASES I HAVE WITNESSED FIRST HAND, THE TWO BOOKS UNDER ONE ROOF HAVE SOME COMMON OWNERSHIP AND SOME INDEPENDENT PARTNERS.

ACCORDINGLY THEY HAVE TO BE RUN AS INDEPENDENT ENTITIES TO HAVE SOME SEMBLANCE OF BEING A BALANCED BOOK,OTHERWISE THE INDEPENDENT PARTNERS WHO DON'T SHARE COMMON INTEREST IN BOTH BOOKS GETS A RAW DEAL.

THE LAKERS ARE PLAYING THE KNICKS.

BOOK A. HAS A 20 DIME DECISION ON THE LAKERS.

BOOK B. HAS A 20 DIME DECISION ON THE KNICKS.

IF YOU OWN 25% OF EACH BOOK YOU ARE IN A PERFECT POSITION.

YOUR DECISION IS BALANCED,5 DIMES ON EACH SIDE.

IF YOUR AN INDEPENDENT PARTNER FOR 25% IN ONE OF THE BOOKS YOU HAVE A 5 DIME DECISION OR EXPOSURE.

IN THE INTEREST OF FAIRNESS TO THE INTERESTED PARTIES BOTH BOOKS ARE RUN INDEPENDENTLY AND THEIR LINES ARE MOVED ACCORDING TO HOW THE MONEY IS BET IN EACH SHOP.

ACCORDINGLY,THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG IN MAKING A LIMIT BET IN SHOP A.AND THEN A LIMIT BET IN SHOP B.

IF THE LINES ARE THE SAME THEY ARE BOTH LOOKING TO BE BET.

SOME SHOPS GIVE THEIR PLAYERS INDIVIDUAL LIMITS.

THEY TELL THEM EVEN IF YOU CALL BACK 15 MINUTES LATER AND THE LINE HASN'T CHANGED AFTER MAKING A MAX PLAY, 2 DIMES IS YOUR LIMIT.

WHY?

THEY WANT TO AFFORD THE OPPORTUNITY TO THE REST OF THE PLAYERS IN THE HOUSE TO PLAY AT THE SAME UNINFLATED NUMBER.

I ALWAYS SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING.

YOU ARE OPEN TO TAKE BETS.

IF YOUR HOUSE HOLD IS 30 DIMES ON A GAME MEANING THAT IS WHAT YOU THEORETICALLY WOULD LIKE TO HOLD EACH GAME FOR,YOU WOULD NOT MOVE A LINE UNTIL YOU HAVE 30 DIMES ON A SIDE.

IN A CASE WHERE YOU HAVE IDENTIFIED A PLAY FROM AN ORIGINATOR I WOULD TAKE HALF OF MY NORMAL HOUSE HOLD OR 15 DIMES BEFORE I MOVE THE LINE.

IT IS FOR THIS REASON THAT SOME SHOPS HAVE A MAX LIMIT ON A GAME AT A PARTICULAR NUMBER.

TO INSURE THE MOVERS DON'T WIPE OUT WHAT IS AVAILABLE LEAVING THE HOUSE PLAYERS TO PLAY AT THE INFLATED NUMBER IF THEY HAPPEN TO BE LOOKING FOR THE SAME GAME...

REALITY

Wouldn't you be reducing the profits of these owners by refusing a second limit play by those who want it?

Comment

SPORTSHOBBY,

NOT AT ALL.

MOST LIKELY THESE ARE GAMES WHERE THE LINE HAS MOVED EVERYWHERE ELSE.

YOU GIVE THIS ORIGINAL NUMBER TO A MOVER AND HE WINS THE BET,THE NEXT TIME YOU GET A BET FROM HIM IT'S ANOTHER ORDER AND ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE NUMBER HE IS LOOKING FOR...

YOU GIVE THE UNINFLATED ORIGINAL NUMBER TO JOHN Q.PUBLIC AND AS SOON AS THE WINNING BET IS RECONCILED HE'S PUTTING THAT MONEY BACK INTO PLAY.

IN A MAJORITYOF THESE BIG POST UP HOUSES YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED TO KNOW THAT THE AVERAGE BET IS UNDER $100.

THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME WHEN PEOPLE ARE PLAYING LIMIT PLAYS THEY ARE GAMES THAT ARE ON THE MOVE IN THE LARGER CLEARING HOUSES AND ARE BEING PLAYED IN A PARTICULAR SHOP BECAUSE THE LINE THERE HAS YET TO BE HIT...

REALITY

Comment

But John Q doesn't know that the line is moving, or that what's being offered to him is a bargain. So he's in no hurry to take that good number. Meanwhile, your stale number is just sitting there. The action goes to another book, and you have reduced action.

Somehow it seems that you are saying that by preventing the mover from having the number, you are encouraging more action on the part of John Q. If that were so, I'd say you might have a valid argument. But I don't think so.

Comment

Reality......some isolated cases????

Comment

Reality......some isolated cases????

WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION,SIR???

REALITY

Comment

IT IS FOR THIS REASON THAT SOME SHOPS HAVE A MAX LIMIT ON A GAME AT A PARTICULAR NUMBER.

At a particular number.......no problem there....but what about shops that have a max limit on a game, REGARDLESS of the number.....you'll need to explain that one to me......seems to be counter productive to me. Why discourage action???

I had a game I wanted to get off of at the same number at the same shop I played it at.....I couldn't because I had already reached the limit on that game......They lost free juice, and a competitor got the play. Makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by sportshobby:
                But John Q doesn't know that the line is moving, or that what's being offered to him is a bargain. So he's in no hurry to take that good number. Meanwhile, your stale number is just sitting there. The action goes to another book, and you have reduced action.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THE WORLD IS AT 6 1/2 ON A GAME AND A SHOP IS DEALING IT 6,THE 6 WILL NOT BE THERE FOR LONG.

THE HOUSE WOULD RATHER HAVE 150 PLAYERS PLAYING THE GAME -6 FOR A 100 GROCERY DOLLARS THAN 5 PLAYERS PLAYING THE GAME -6 FOR 3 DIMES A POP.

SAME 15 DIME DECISION,MUCH BETTER POSITION FOR THE HOUSE...

THOSE 150 PLAYERS WILL TURN THEIR WINNINGS OVER 10 TIMES BEFORE THOSE LIMIT PLAYERS WILL TURN THEIR WINNINGS OVER TWICE...

Somehow it seems that you are saying that by preventing the mover from having the number, you are encouraging more action on the part of John Q. If that were so, I'd say you might have a valid argument. But I don't think so.

Comment

At a particular number.......no problem there....but what about shops that have a max limit on a game, REGARDLESS of the number.....you'll need to explain that one to me......seems to be counter productive to me. Why discourage action???

AGREED,YOU WILL GET NO ARGUMENT FROM ME HERE.

YOU PLAYED ME -6 AND I'M NOW -6.5 ,YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO GO UP THE LADDER...

I had a game I wanted to get off of at the same number at the same shop I played it at.....I couldn't because I had already reached the limit on that game......They lost free juice, and a competitor got the play. Makes no sense.
                  PLEASE E-MAIL ME THE NAME OF THE SHOP THAT WOULDN'T LET YOU PLAY +6 AFTER YOU LAID -6,THEY REALLY COULD USE MY SERVICES...

REALITY

Comment

Reality, there are actually SEVERAL books that do this.

I even had a book that had a game limit, shut me out from playing a total on a game that I had already played the side! Because I already reached the limit on that game!

This all goes back to the question of WHAT IS A LIMIT???

A limit of 2 dimes on college hoops SHOULD mean 2 dimes AT A NUMBER, not 2 dimes on the entire game.

Comment

JEFF,

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%.

I DO KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT THE GAME.

YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THESE BOOKS OVER BREAKFAST?

I CAN USE THE BUSINESS.

I'LL BUY.

E-MAIL ME IF YOU HAVEN'T HAD YOUR CORN FLAKES YET...

REALITY

Comment

Working...
                      X