Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUESTION FOR AJAX 50???

Originally posted by ajax50:

Heres the story.When Sportbet decided to go on the don best screen a few weeks ago I transferred money from another book because I like accounts at all screen outs.Nothing is more annoying to me than seeing a number you need and not being able to grab it.Well, after playing there for several weeks last Sunday I played Memphis(xfl) at a pick online at Sportbet for a dime.This is their online limit for all games,XFL,hockey,baskets,etc.At the time the don best screen had Memphis 1.5/2.Fifteen minutes later I called their office because the line was still at pick at Sportbet,and asked what was the line on Memphis.The clerk,as with every bet I made goes to the bm(who I assume to be Chester),and says xxxx wants the line on Memphis.The clerk comes back,reads me pick, and I say give me 2 dimes on Memphis.The clerk says I can give you 1 dime to which I say,"fine".

YOUR SAVVY ENOUGH TO HAVE POST UP MONEY AT ALL THE DON BEST BOOKS ON THE SCREEN BUT WHEN YOU ASK FOR TWO DIMES AND THE CLERK SAID ALL YOU COULD HAVE WAS A DIME YOU WEREN'T SAVVY ENOUGH TO ASK IS THAT YOUR LIMIT ON THE XFL?

OR WAS THAT PICK ON THE GAME JUST TOO IRRESISTABLE TO PASS UP ON THIS CALL WHEN THE SCREEN WAS PAINTED -1.5?

YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH TO MAKE THE PLAY AT GOOD LINE BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO QUESTION AM I EXCEEDING THE LIMIT?

HOW COME THIS NEVER DAWNED ON YOU?

THE WEBSITE SAID IT WAS ONLY GOOD FOR A DIME.

YOU WANTED TWO DIMES AND WERE TOLD YOU COULD ONLY HAVE A DIME.

WHAT MADE YOU THINK YOU COULD HAVE TWO DIMES AND WHEN MAKING THIS BET WHY DIDN'T YOU THINK TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE LIMIT AND WHAT YOU COULD HAVE?

HOW CAN YOU BE SMART ENOUGH TO AMASS ALL THE CASH YOU NEED TO POST UP AT ALL YOUR FAVORITE DON BEST BOOKS,BUT NOT SMART ENOUGH TO ASK WHAT IS THE LIMIT ON THE XFL AFTER YOUR REQUEST FOR A TWO DIME BET WAS DENIED?

Readback given,I hang up.Lo and behold ,the next day I see I'm credited with only 1 dime.I get "Steve" in customer service who tells me that thier "house limit" on xfl games is a dime and since you bet 2 dimes we voided the second bet.Steve told me that my play that I called in was handwritten and when they inputted the play,they saw that I already played online for their"house limit".As an aside,I've started to use this term in my own house with my kids."The house limit on dinner rolls is 3 or 2 hours of tv is the house limit".I felt screwed.Email Jeff who attempts to get my money back to no avail.Jeff,thank you for your efforts.Next call to Sportbet to close my account.If they can screw me out of 1 dime,they can out of 26000.Transfer it to Rio,I tell Chester in my one and only(hopefully) conversation with their bm.He tells me that he is pissed I went to the forums to air the problem.Well Chester,that didn't occur at all.The only person who knew of this was Jeff at Bettorsworld who interceded on my behalf.Chester also told me that I had been told of their limits.WRONG.First off,this was the first ever xfl game and the first I ever bet with Sportbet.

AND AS AN ARTICULATE PLAYER AS YOU APPEAR TO BE FROM YOU POST YOU NEVER THOUGHT TO INQUIRE WHAT THE TOTAL LIMIT YOU COULD HAVE ON THE XFL WAS?

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

YOU HAVE IN EXCESS OF 25 DIMES POSTED UP SO YOUR OBVIOUSLY A PLAYER,BUT YOU NEVER ONCE SOUGHT TO CLARIFY WHAT SPORTBETS LIMIT WAS ON THE XFL?

Did your office have telepathy and say dont bet more than 1 dime on xfl games? Also,I've never bet a game to my knowledge more than once so you would have no reason to warn me.The bottom line is if I lost I would be debited -2200,but since your office got middled you decided to minimize your losses.If posts like this and others(see MW and trujillos dilemma)cause people to rethink where they send money than my goal is accomplished.There are 20 or so offshore outs on don best and of those with no money problems they are all 1000%.Crap like this would never happen at any other book on the screen.Mark my words,this is NOT an isolated incident and will happen again.Chester,for $1000,I hope that it causes your shop many more times that in bad press and lost business.

I CONTEND YOU SAW A NUMBER UNAVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE AND YOU SOUGHT TO BET IT FOR WHATEVER EXTRA YOU COULD GET.

YOU WERE TOLD YOU COULD ONLY HAVE A DIME WHEN YOU ASKED FOR TWO,BUT YOU NEVER ASKED FOR A CLARIFICATION ON WHAT EXACTLY WAS THE LIMIT.

WHY?

YOU WANTED TO CLAIM IGNORANCE OF THE LIMIT TO GET THAT EXTRA BET AT A PRICE THAT WASN'T AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE.

HAD YOU ASKED FOR THE CLARIFICATION YOU COULD HAVE NEVER MADE THE EXTRA BET BECAUSE YOU WERE ON TAPE BEING TOLD WHAT THE LIMIT WAS.

LIKE IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE FOR BREAKING IT,IGNORANCE OF A BOOKS LIMITS ARE NO EXCUSE TO EXCEED IT...

ONE OTHER THING GO LOOK AT MY POSTS IN REGARDS TO PLAYERS GETTING PAID.

FOR SOMEONE ON THIS SIDE OF THE COUNTER I'M AS PRO PLAYER AS YOU CAN GET.

ESPECIALLY PLAYERS WHO HAVE THEIR MONEY POSTED UP.

NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER SHOULD A POST UP PLAYER WHO MAKES LEGITIMATE WAGERS PRIOR TO POST EVER HAVE TO HEAR THE WORDS SLOW PAY OR NO PAY.

AN OVER LIMIT PLAY IS NOT A LEGITIMATE PLAY,ESPECIALLY WHEN THE WEB SITE HEADING FOR THE PARTICULAR SPORT STATES OVER LIMIT WAGERS WILL BE DELETED.

REALITY

[This message has been edited by REALITY (edited 02-09-2001).]

This is 100% the fault of the book. Any way you slice it, they accepted the bet. The fact that the wager was accepted is not the players fault, it's the books fault. You said in another thread they are loyal to their software provider. Well, then their loyalty should cost them the amount of this bet, because based on what you said, they are so well off financially, they COULD fix the problem if the WANTED to. They choose not to. That's not the players problem.It's now the players responsibility to enforce his own limits! If this was the first time this happened with this player, he should be spoken to about it, and paid.

Comment

Let me add, you just can't go around voiding bets AFTER the games are final. Cancel all the bets you want before post, but once the game goes, the player has to assume he has action.Once the games goes, the money is on the table and legitimately up for grabs. CAN THE PLAYER BET 2 DIMES ON A GAME, AND THEN CALL THE BOOK AFTER THE BET LOSES AND SAY, HEY, I DIDN'T MEAN TO BET 2 DIMES, I ONLY MEANT TO BET ONE DIME, WHICH IS MY OWN PERSONAL LIMIT THAT I PUT ON MYSELF. PLEASE REFUND MY DIME?????????????????

Comment

Most or ALL Books have different limits on all players. They will take any bet from squares, as long as your account is full.

The Book should take the lost here.
        Another reson why is because you win some and lose some. Any extra bet over the limit does not mean an automatic winner.

Everyone makes a mistake. Many times I put in a team or a wrong amount. I eat it. It my mistake for rushing.

The book made a mistake for taking the bet(they say).

A question I leave you Reality

Do you think Ajax would of claim foul if the bet lost and book accepted both bets?

bbb

Comment

GENTLEMAN,

LET ME FINISH BECOMING THE MOST REVILED POSTER IN POSTING TODAY.

IF I'M IN THE CHAIR AND THIS IS JOHN Q.PUBLIC I'M PAYING THIS BET IF IT'S 5 TIMES THE LIMIT.

WHY?

BECAUSE IT IS JOHN Q. PUBLIC WHO PLAYS ME EVERYTHING.

AJAX 5O AS HE HAS ATTESTED TO IS A VERY SOPHISTICATED PLAYER.

A SERIOUS PLAYER.

HE HAS THE DON BEST PREMIUM FEED.

HE IS POSTED UP AT EVERY DON BEST BOOK.

HE IS THIS PROFESSIONAL, BUT NOT PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH TO INQUIRE WHAT THE HOUSE LIMIT IS WHEN HE IS DENIED A 2 DIME BET AND TOLD 1 DIME IS THE LIMIT.

I'M SORRY I BELIEVE HE DIDN'T ASK BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW.

HE SAW THE HEADING FOR THE XFL ON THE INTERNET SITE WHERE IT SAID THE LIMIT IS ONE DIME.

ON THE PHONE HE WAS TOLD THE LIMIT IS ONE DIME.

THAT PICK ON A GAME THAT WAS PAINTED -1.5 ON THE SCREEN WAS JUST TOO HARD TO RESIST.

THIS ISN'T A PUBLIC PLAYER MAKING A MISTAKE.

THIS IS A SHARP TRYING TO CIRCUMVENT THE LIMIT TO GET AN ADDITIONAL BET AT A LINE THAT WAS NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE.

WITH JOHN Q. PUBLIC THIS CALL IS A NO BRAINER BECAUSE HE PLAYS REGARDLESS OF THE LINE.

FOR A SOPHISTICATED PLAYER LIKE AJAX 50 IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE FOR BREAKING IT,IGNORANCE OF A BOOKS LIMITS ARE NO EXCUSE TO EXCEED IT...

THAT IS THE CRUX OF THE ARGUMENT HERE IN MY HUMBLE OPINION...

REALITY

Comment

I have to disagree. I have several books that only take a nickel online. Ocasionally I call and bet more on the phone. I have never asked about limits(mostly because I know I seldom approach them) and would be upset if a similar thing happened to me. If by chance I bet over the limit by accident would I be looked at as a pro that knew he was taking a shot. I hope not. The player has to be given the benifit of doubt and then told not to do that. Canceling bets is not a good precident to set. I had one cancelled on me during the football season by an obscure book and we went round and round. Jeez look at all this bs over a dime bet. I am sure they would have rather handled it another way.

Comment

Reality,in this case here,the fact that after placing the dime line bet online and waiting 15 minutes only to see that the line didnt move I called and asked for more (2 dimes).Their limit online to all events is a dime.The wager online wasnt made in secret.Should I inquire after making an NBA side play online and then phoning in a play on the same game as to what the limit of that game is?Of course not.Im trying to get on and off the phone asap. Now a question for you....The line opened memphis as a 3 point dog and here I am taking memphis at pick would you say "do you want more?'Chester informed me that he wasnt in the chair during this time so the question here is hypothetical as to what he might have done but this was the first week of some new league and things like this happened.Like I said before sportbet and I will hopefully mend fences and do business come next week.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by REALITY:
                HE IS THIS PROFESSIONAL, BUT NOT PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH TO INQUIRE WHAT THE HOUSE LIMIT IS WHEN HE IS DENIED A 2 DIME BET AND TOLD 1 DIME IS THE LIMIT.

Reality, this may be the only book on the DonBest screen that won't let a post-up player call back after five minutes and bet the limit again. Limits are whatever the clerk and bookmaker will give you. Posted limits are only a guideline.

So experience would actually lead Ajax directly into the trap that he fell into.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ajax50:

....The line opened memphis as a 3 point dog and here I am taking memphis at pick would you say "do you want more?

I'M TAKING DIMES ON A NEW LEAGUE.

HOW MUCH OVER COULD I BE?

NO,I WOULDN'T ASK IF YOU WANTED MORE.

REALITY

Comment

I'm surprised that more people aren't stating the most obvious step in ensuring that something like this doesn't happen:

FOLLOW THE POSTED RULES!

If you want to bet beyond the limit, let the rep know that you have already bet the posted limit, and ask whether you may exceed it. Take measures appropriate for the costs of your actions.

I do not fault Sportbet in these situations because the player MUST assume the risk that breaching the rules gives the book carte blanche to find a reasonable remedy, which, in my opinion, Sportbet did by rescinding the excess bet.

Okay, so if the bet lost, would Sportbet have kept the total? Maybe, maybe not, but again, by skirting the rules THE PLAYER MUST ASSUME THE RISK.

Take each bet as a contract, and the rules as the terms which govern. Whenever one party does not abide by the terms, the offended party should have a claim to damages; why should the bettor/book relationship be any different? And as in contracts, parties can generally renegotiate the terms if they feel that it doesn't meet their requirements. Renegotiation here should have been done, as is the logical procedure, BEFORE the fact (bet), and not AFTER (bet).

While I wouldn't firmly attach such a harsh term in this case, it is nevertheless analogous to fraud. I have no doubts that many feel that the limits are mere guidelines; however, since they are listed, one should not fault Sportbet for enforcing them. It happens all the time: parties don't take action until after performance is completed, but that doesn't mean that recovery becomes unjustified. I see a similarly legitimate form of recourse in Sportbet's actions.

---gooden

Comment

BROTHER GOODEN,

A VOICE OF REASON AMIDST A SEA OF CONFUSION...

GOD BLESS YOU SON...

BROTHER REALITY

Comment

Reality I would like to here your take on a slightly different scenario. Let's pretend that the original 2 dime bet lost. Sportbet charges Ajax $2200. The next day Ajax calls in a 2 dime bet and they tell him are XFL limts are 1 dime. He says but wait a minute, I lost 2 dimes yesterday. Is he entitled to a dime back? If you say know than the book got a free shot, if you say yes than the player got a free shot on the original situation. I think this is a very tough situation, not sure there is a right or wrong, and I think that it is inexcusable for any books to be in the business without the proper software. Actually, players there is an easy way around this, just never bet both internet and on the phone, on the same play. But this should not be the responsibility of the player. I know you feel strongly about your position, and not sure that you are wrong, but not sure you are right either. No matter how you look at it somebody is getting a free shot(the book or player).

Comment

SLAM,

IN A SHOP WHERE I WAS, I DID EXACTLY THAT.

I TOLD HIM TO SEND ME AN E-MAIL ILLUSTRATING EXACTLY WHAT I DID AND SPECIFYING THAT I DID IN FACT RETURN HIS OVER LIMIT BET WHICH LOST $1,100.

I TOLD HIM I WAS GOING TO USE IT AS AN EXAMPLE AND THAT HE WOULD PROBABLY GET E-MAIL INQUIRING ABOUT IT.

HE SAID NO PROBLEM.

HE GOT HIS $1,100 AND I GOT MY INSURANCE POLICY...

REALITY

Comment

Reality

I doubt a Book has the time tocheck if you bet over the limit or cares if you did.

The only way they will check if:
                            1- That player constantly beating you (numbers or profit)
                            2- The amount was way over the limit (not only a 1000)
                            bbb

Comment

JINX,

THE FIRST THING I DO WHEN I WALK IN THE OFFICE IS TO CHECK THE GAME SUMMARY OF ALL PREVIOUS DAYS GAMES.

I HAVE A SPECIAL REPORT WRITTEN FOR ALL BETS OVER A CERTAIN AMOUNT.

IT TELLS ME THE PLAYERS PIN#,THE TIME HE MADE THE BET AND THE LINE HE BET IT AT.

HOW CAN YOU TELL IF YOUR BEING NICKELED AND DIMED IF YOU DON'T CHECK DAILY.

I HAD A CREW OUT OF CHICAGO WITH 10 INTERNET ACCOUNTS PLAYING ME A DIME A POP ON THE NET.

NO BIG DEAL UNTIL IT'S 10 DIMES.

HOW DID I CATCH THEM?

I RAN THE I.P. ADDRESS AND ALL 1O ACCOUNTS ARE BETTING FROM THE SAME I.P. ADDRESS.

FURTHER INVESTIGATION SHOWED ALL 10 ACCOUNTS OPENED ON CREDIT CARDS AT THE SAME BILLING ADDRESS.

THIS IS SOME OF THE CHICANERY THAT GOES ON REGULARLY AT AN OFF-SHORE BOOK...

REALITY

Comment

Working...
                              X