X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal reviews the week!

Royal Review
    By Victor Ludorem

I don’t know about you but I was impressed with the entertainment value of the XFL Overtime format. The Saturday night contest between LA and Chicago ended tied in regulation which provided for the primetime unveiling of a unique format for overtime play that I found vastly more interesting and exciting than the NFL version. Here was a fine example of some of the fresh and innovative ideas that the XFL has to offer. Remember change can be a good thing.
    I found viewing one XFL overtime more stimulating than watching 3 Ravens midseason games, not to mention the increased amount of scoring.

Rarely, do I get the inspiration to spin a yarn about a college basketball game but this past Arkansas-Florida battle is worthy of exception. Apparently this game was already decided based on the volume that only a 12to1 ratio of bettors can produce. All the dough was stacked high on the 11th ranked Gators at home –8.5 to demolish the wounded Hogs from the Hills of Arkansas.

The Royal linemaker was licking his chops at halftime with the Razorbacks up by 6 on the square. Then someone in the Lineroom uttered the dreaded words “this baby’s in the bag.” Nothing sends shivers down the spine of a veteran bookmaker faster than that cursed phrase. The Gators shot lights out in the second half to overcome a huge deficit at the same time the Hogs fell flat on their face. Gators win 73-63, good for the bettors – bad for the house. Sour grapes not withstanding, have you ever seen a college coach who looks more like his team mascot than Nolan Richardson? Just picture a couple of tusks sticking out of his mouth….see what I mean. Strange coincidence? Maybe not, remember it IS Arkansas.

XFL action grew last week with increased bettors and handle. Royal split out on XFL sides. We needed the Orlando Rage –4.5 who beat SF 26-14 and we needed the NY/NJ Hitmen + 2.5 who lost to Birmingham 19-12. I can’t wait for some more OT action and don’t forget it’s NEVER ‘in the bag.’

Any word yet on when online wagering will be available?

Comment

We are completing the debugging phase now and hope to begin Round 2 of beta-testing next week. If all goes well then, we will be ready to release to the public.

Comment

Working...
      X