Clear All

• Neteller-problems?

Now that Neteller has become THE way to fund
    accounts, I was wondering what problems,concerns,etc., people are having
    with this service.
    I've seen posts that think
    Neteller is located out of the U.S.,
    but on their site they list their corporate
    headquarters as being located in Boulder,Colorado.It appears that this could be one-stop shopping for those who might have a vested interest in these transactions.

It's only a matter of time before the feds start messing with Neteller they way they have with Western Union in the past. I think it would be dangerous for the industry to rely to heavily on one method of money transfers.

Comment

I've been using Neteller since its inception and have found the service outstanding. I've performed transactions of all types without problems. On a couple of occasions, when I thought transfers were taking too long, I emailed and called with immediate results. In fact, my emails to their support staff were usually answered within minutes.
      I did find recently, to my dismay, that withdrawals are handled similarly to the way books handle them. You must take a withdrawal in the same form as your original deposit. Example: Original deposit of $5K via PayPal (for subsequent transfer to book). Later, I wanted to withdraw $7K via EFT directly to checking. However, Neteller said the first $5K had to go back to PayPal, the other $2K then to checking. No big deal really.
      I do have big time concerns however. Neteller basically performs same functions as PayPal, but only caters to offshore "merchants". I'm afraid this will draw some unwanted attention. I think it would behoove Neteller to expand its base to other online e-commerce business - such as auction settlements, etc.. This would add some needed perception of legitimacy to their business and keep the feds off their backs....
      ...Cheers
      wiser69

Comment

Working...
      X