Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can i find article about the brothers from PA being indicted some time back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i find article about the brothers from PA being indicted some time back?

thanks

As reported by the Morning Call: “Federal racketeering indictments were handed down Wednesday against a Whitehall Township man and his brother who allegedly ran an international sports betting operation in the Lehigh Valley.
    ”Dennis Atiyeh, 37, and his brother, Joseph Atiyeh of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, are accused of funneling sports bets through a circuit with outlets in Whitehall [Pennsylvania], Louisiana and Jamaica.

”The indictment, handed down by a federal grand jury on Nov. 9, alleges the operation handled $5.4 million in sports bets in Whitehall [Pennsylvania], Louisiana and Jamaica in 1995 and 1996. It also charges parlay cards, or betting sheets, were sent to customers by fax and millions of dollars in proceeds were forwarded to a bank account in Jamaica.

”…If convicted of one count of illegal gambling, one count of conspiracy to launder money and 14 counts of money laundering, Dennis Atiyeh would face a maximum sentence of life imprisonment and a fine of $7.75 million. Joseph Atiyeh, charged with one count of conspiracy and four counts of money laundering, could face life imprisonment and a $2.5 million fine.

”…Joseph Atiyeh, who won a silver medal in wrestling for Syria in the 1984 Olympics, could not be reached for comment.

”…Joseph Atiyeh, his brother said, is in the real estate business in Louisiana.

”…Dennis Atiyeh operates Atiyeh Publishing Co. in Whitehall. It publishes Las Vegas Sporting News, Sports and Gaming World and Action magazine, a gaming lifestyle publication.

”…The indictment alleges Dennis Atiyeh operated a sports betting business from Sports Marketing & Sales and English Sports Betting in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

”…More laundering charges involve transfers of money between businesses in Whitehall [Pennsylvania], Louisiana and a Jamaican company, English Sports Information Processors Ltd.

Comment

They had a few different articles in their paper about it, and at their website at www.mcall.com. Whether or not they are still listed there online I am not sure, but I am sure you could run some sort of search from www.mcall.com

Comment

NO EXCUSE FOR OPERATING FROM THE STATES. ESPECIALLY BEING UNDER THE MICROSCOPE HE WAS ALWAYS UNDER.

HOW HAS THIS AFFECTED THEIR BOOK? IS IT BUSINESS AS USUAL?

Comment

Working...
        X