Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get books to stop sending marketing emails!!!....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get books to stop sending marketing emails!!!....

i send and resend everyone I receive witht the subject 'remove" or "unsubscibe" ...they stop for 3 weeks and then they start up again ( because its tourney time )

Just so you all know Im serious look at this........

Subj: Remove
    Date: 2/27/01 9:15:13 AM Eastern Standard Time
    To: [email protected]

remove

Subj: Remove
    Date: 3/10/01 10:20:41 AM Eastern Standard Time

remove

AND NOW TODAY >.......
    Subj: Free $25 Betting Account - No Deposit Required
    Date: 3/16/01 12:46:09 PM Eastern Standard Time
    Reply-to: [email protected]

You've Just Hit A NBA Free Throw!

Grand Central Sports is giving you a FREE $25 betting account
    just to try out their online or telephone wagering service.

No Deposit Required! Payouts Guaranteed!

Take advantage of this limited time offer by Clicking on the
    Link Below and within 5 Minutes you'll be right into the action

WHO can I contact?what should I do ...Please help Im tired of this !!!!!

Just send me an email with your account number and I will handle it.

Peter
    linemakergcsports.com

Comment

Just hit the delete key. I don't get this whole spam thing. I get unsolicted mail in my REAL mailbox as in my electronic one. Before I come into the house I walk to the garbage can and throw away all unwanted mail and when I get unwanted e-mail I either block the sender or hit delete.

Comment

I just received 3 pieces of snail mail from Gameday, 2 addressed to me and 1 addressed to my mother. She's 89 years old, and I can't figure out how they got her name. I guess they bought a mailing list from somebody?
        Patience and Money Management - The Key to Winning!

Comment

C'mon Jeff maybe your mom is betting on the side without you knowing....j/k.

The best thing to do is hit delete.
          [url="http://www.bettorstalk.com"]bettorstalk.com[/url]

Comment

BT... I wish she was betting on the side, because she has Dementia. I'm lucky when she can remember my name.

P.S. Still haven't heard from A Bookie Joint, but MG Sports posted they heard through the grapevine that they would be paying contest winners.
            Patience and Money Management - The Key to Winning!

Comment

Good luck. Makes excellent kindling!

Comment

You are not alone juggler. I am f*****g sick and tired of getting junk mails coming from different offshores. Tournament contests, schedules, bonusses, letters, etc., etc. Where are these infos coming from? Everytime I opened my mail box, there is always something.

Comment

Replying to spam is useless in most cases, most of the time the reply address is not real.

One very effective way of dealing with the problem is using a filter.. if you filter out any messages with "$" or "Free" in the subject line, you'll never see a lot of the useless spam. Of course the problem is that you might miss mail you didn't want to miss. For example, the Bettorsworld newsletter almost always has "$" in the subject line

I've tried using an ignore list to block any email addresses that have sent me spam, but I found that it didn't really do no good.

Comment

If there was only a virtual brick that you could send them like postage paid snail mail ...

Jeff

Comment

peter --

thanks for the apology ...uh wait I forgot you didnt apologize.

why dont you tell us where the breakdown was and how you all plan to fix this mistake of sending spam to people who want to be removed from your marketing lists ..

that would be "taking care of it...."

Comment

Just setup a few email accounts. I use 1 for personal emails. Then use another for all gambling related material. That way you can just check in on that one every few days and you won't have to sort through all the mail for the important shit.

Comment

jeff k, is there a chance we will be paid from bookie joint? that would be a surprise bonus! please post a special thread on this if you hear more! and you cant stop junk email...you can only hope to contain it! btw...if you respond with the "remove" message it is like picking at a scab...only makes it worse...just delete!

Comment

Juggler,

I apologize. You come into a public forum and complain about us sending you emails when a phone call to 1-800-213-3370 would have you removed immediately. I asked you to email me personally at [email protected] and as of today at 11:54 EST, I still haven't received an email from you. I cannot help it if the remove filter is not working correctly but I can remove you if you give me an e-mail address. Either call or email me your request and I will make sure you will NEVER receive an e-mail from us again.

Peter
                            [email protected]
                            1-800-214-0255- To speak to me
                            1-800-213-3370- Cust Svc.

[This message has been edited by Grand Central Sports (edited 03-22-2001).]

Comment

Juggler,

We will be sending out e-mails tomorrow so if I don't hear from you expect some more e-mail from us. I am at my computer anxiously awaiting an e-mail so I can personally remove you from our marketing lists.

Peter
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X