HAVE PITY ON REALITY...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAVE PITY ON REALITY...

A BOOK I DO SOME CONSULTING WORK FOR GOT HIT WITH AN 8 TEAM HOCKEY PARLAY.

HE BET A DIME HE RECEIVED A MAX CAP PAYOFF OF 200 LARGE.

IN ACTUALITY THE PARLAY FIGURED TO OVER 214 DIMES.

WHEN THE B.M.IN THE SHOP WHERE IT HAPPENED TRIED TO EXPLAIN THE SOFTWARE MAX PAYOFF OF 200 DIMES THE CUSTOMER DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR IT.

FINALLY THE B.M. DIDN'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO TELL HIM.

I WAS JOKING AND TOLD HIM TO TELL HIM THAT'S THE WAY IT IS BECAUSE REALITY SAID SO.

HE TOLD THE CUSTOMER JUST THAT.

THE CUSTOMER THREATENED TO GO TO THE FORUMS.

THIS CUSTOMER ALREADY HAS RECEIVED THE 200 DIME PAYOUT.

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU HAVE SEEN IT ALL...

REALITY

HE'S GOING TO ASK YOU FOR THE OTHER 14....

Comment

THE CUSTOMER IN QUESTION PLACED IT ON THE INTERNET AND THE PAYOFF WAS CLEARLY LISTED 1000/200,000.

AFTER HE HIT THE CUSTOMER DID THE MATH LONGHAND AND DISCOVERED THE TRUE ODDS PAYOUT WAS IN EXCESS OF 214 DIMES.

HE IS LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 14 DIMES...

REALITY

Comment

This guy should take Tom Snyder's advice and "look into a mirror and call yourself a moron". No disrespect meant to morons.

Jeff

Comment

Hey, as long as it stated there was a 200k cap, then he doesn't have an argument....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff:

Hey, as long as it stated there was a 200k cap, then he doesn't have an argument....
            ON THE CONFIRMATION SCREEN IT CLEARLY STATED,1,000/200,000.

REALITY

Comment

If the confirmation screen said 1000/200,000 then the player really doesn't have a case. But shame on the book for not clearly stating this limit in their rules, and even pointing it out on the confirmation screen that the payout is capped. Not every player bothers to calculate whether the parlay odds are correct.

Comment

SPORTSHOBBY,

I KNOW YOU PLAY INTO A LOT OF OUTS.

COULD YOU DIRECT ME TO SOME INTERNET SITES WHERE THIS IS CLEARLY SPELLED OUT.

THANKS.

REALITY

Comment

since, according to my quick calculations, 934,50$ parlayed at this rate would yields 200k$, perhaps paying him the 65,50$ difference might be a wise gesture. As for him chasing the 14k$, it is still a lot of money and I can't blame him for trying for it. Personally, I'd be too giddy over a 200kUS$ payout to really give a damn about the rest. He must have ice-water in his veins.

Comment

From the WWTS website rules:

Parlays

2 Teams Pay 13/5 6 Teams Pay
                    40/1

3 Teams Pay 6/1 7 Teams Pay
                    60/1
                    4 Teams Pay 12/1 8 Teams Pay
                    100/1
                    5 Teams Pay 25/1 9 Team Pay 200/1
                    10 Team Pay 400/1
                    A parlay is a combination of 2 - 8 teams. If any team is cancelled or ties, the parlay is pushed (reduced) to the next closest lowest parlay (i.e. 4 teams becomes 3 teams etc.). If any teams lose, the play is lost altogether. Maximum payout for any parlay is 1000-1 regardless of the amount the parlay may show or compute too.

From the Hollywood website rules:

The maximum payoffs on baseball parlays is100/1.

From the Jazz sports website rules:

Parlay Betting (2 to 8 teams)
                    - If one selection loses the whole Parlay is a loss.
                    - If a selection is a tie, postponed, incomplete, cancelled or rescheduled for another date, your Parlay is reduced to the next lowest level. See Parlay Odds.
                    - A two team Parlay with a tied, postponed, incomplete, cancelled or rescheduled selection, becomes a Straight wager that is calculated at $100 risked to win $91.
                    - You can buy up to 3 POINTS on all Parlays up to 8 teams.

Parlay Odds

2 Teams 5 / 13 +260
                    3 Teams 1 / 6 +600
                    4 Teams 1/12.28 +1228
                    5 Teams 1 / 24.35 +2435
                    6 Teams 1 / 47.39 +4739
                    7 Teams 1 / 91.39 +9139
                    8 Teams 1 / 175.37 +17537

From the Olympic website rules:

Each distinct parlay is limited to a $100,000.00 maximum payout.

From the RIO website rules:

14. Maximum Parlay Payoff is $100,000.

From the AllWorld website:

16. Maximum Teaser Payout on any combination is $100,000.

From the Canbet website rules:

The maximum bet size for parlays is $2,000 with the maximum win amount $100,000.

From the DirecBet website rules:

26. The maximum multi selection is ten.

27. The maximum payout for any one multi is $100,000.

All in all, about 3 out of every 4 books I checked had such a statement. There are plenty more, but my boredom ran out.

As another aside, the only book for which I couldn't find ANY rules at all was Superbook. Maybe I just didn't know where to look.

Comment

The Book's software needs to be updated. The bet should automatically back down the bet to $934.50 or $934 to avoid any misunderstandings.

The man has no case.

What happens if he bets two $500 parlays??
                      Does that solve the problem?

Comment

My thoughts exactly Bio Man. Cap the payout anywhere you want, just don't charge people like it was going to pay full odds.

Comment

SPORTSHOBBY,

THANKS FOR THE INFO.

REALITY

[This message has been edited by REALITY (edited 04-07-2001).]

Comment

Out of curiousity, how would one go about depositing a 200 dime check into their local bank account? I believe I saw in a previous thread that anything above or around a 10 dime deposit will raise a red flag. I doubt I will ever be lucky enough to hit such a crazy parlay, but please someone stoke my imagination.

Comment

Well, I can for one say that if I hit a 200k parlay I wouldnt be crying over the other 14k. Granted 14k is not chump change, but I would be glad that they sent me the 200k and didn't try to screw me somehow.

Mikawl,

I would say that it would be hard to get around not raising a red flag on this one. I would just pay the taxes on it since I turned 1k into 200k.
                              [url="http://www.bettorstalk.com"]bettorstalk.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X