Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which books move their FB lines the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which books move their FB lines the most?

Like any astute player, I try to keep my eyes open for middling opportunities during FB season.

From my personal observations, there are some books are that so paranoid of "steam," they make over-exaggerated line moves beyond what the rest of the other books are doing. Lets call these books "square outs" since they are obviously out to bang squares following mo-mo plays and big name 'capper plays. Certain other books, such as wwts, superbook (formerly PL) and olympic seem to keep their FB line moves to a minimum since they are more afraid of being middled than taking one-sided action. Lets call these "wiseguy outs."

In the past, Bowman's used to be the leader of all square outs. Since Bowman's is falling by the wayside, I am looking for more square outs. Millenium and big NASA seem to be the kings of the square outs now. I am thinking of putting sportingbetusa in this catagory as well. Any other suggestions from the personal observations of those in this forum?

[ 07-09-2001: Message edited by: ppeter ]

PPETER,

THE BOOKS THAT OPEN FIRST BY VIRTUE OF THE FACT THEY OPEN FIRST MOVE THEIR NUMBERS THE MOST.

IN THIS CASE C.R.I.S. AND OLYMPIC.

IF YOU'RE BUYING BACK LOOKING TO CLOSE A MIDDLE,10 MINUTES TO POST AT C.R.I.S. IS WHERE YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING.

BEFORE A CERTAIN POSTER WITH AN AGENDA HOPS IN HERE JUST CHECK THE DON BEST LINE HISTORIES OR MAYBE ONE OF THE MORE ASTUTE PLAYERS HERE WILL GIVE AN OPINION ON THIS...

REALITY

Comment

Reality,

Thanks for the reply. I actually put CRIS in the former catagory of a book that holds down their line moves as much as possible because they have the balls to take one-sided action rather then get middled. I was more referring to the Bowman's type books that inflate their favorites be a point or two more before gametime then everybody else. I don't want to use Bowmans anymore since I question their financial stability. I am looking for another solid out that has the reputation for dealing inflated line moves.

Comment

PPETER.

C.R.I.S. IS A STONE COLD BOOKMAKER.

THEY OPEN EARLY AND TAKE A GOOD BET.

ACCORDINGLY THEY HAVE HUGE EXPOSURE IN THE LINE.

THEY RELY ON THEIR HUGE VOLUME TO OVERCOME THE EXPOSURE IN THE LINE AND THEY ATTEMPT TO BALANCE THEIR DECISIONS.

IF THAT MEANS POSTING AN OFF THE BOARD NUMBER TO REDUCE A GAME TO WHERE THEY WANT IT,THAT'S JUST WHAT THEY WILL DO.

IF YOU HAVE A WAY TO ACCESS THE DON BEST LINE HISTORIES FROM LAST YEARS FOOTBALL JUST LOOK WHERE THEIR LINE STARTS AND FINISHES AND PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO POST TIME.

YOU SHOULD ALSO LOOK OLYMPIC BECAUSE THEY OPEN EARLY AND WWTS BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOME BIG PLAYERS WHO CAN MOVE THEIR LINE.

YOU CAN LEARN A TON BY STUDYING THE LINE HISTORIES OF THE VARIOUS BOOKS YOU PLAY IN TO AND THOSE WHOSE LINE YOU JUST RESPECT...

REALITY

Comment

Based on my observation of last year, I would put Aces in the former category as I could aways depend on the for some line variance usually supporting the favorite.

This is an interesting topic although I always thought that CBB was an easier game to middle, I do look for opportunities in the NFL especially when you can get zero juice at some books.

The 2.5 to 3 point variance has been a relatively stable money maker the past few years (in the NFL). I know someone in the forum has alot of data on that edge. (I forget who right now)

good luck

Comment

Speaking of the 2.5-3 variance, the astute should be on the look out for the juice deals. Last year there were opportunities for juice free middle attempts playing one juice free against the other. Actually, most those opportunities were to catch sides, but what the hell, it's a free shot!

Also, look into buying the half off 3 when a no juice deal is offered.

Comment

Dragon is correct in saying that the juice matters also. Look for reduced juice and no-juice specials on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from Carib, Aces, Gameday, and others.

Other over-movers might include little NASA (betus.com) and SIA (sportsinteraction.com). The degree to which books overreact to moves seems to change from season to season, so you'll have to check once the action begins.

Comment

Originally posted by REALITY:
                PPETER.

C.R.I.S. IS A STONE COLD BOOKMAKER.

THEY OPEN EARLY AND TAKE A GOOD BET.

ACCORDINGLY THEY HAVE HUGE EXPOSURE IN THE LINE.

THEY RELY ON THEIR HUGE VOLUME TO OVERCOME THE EXPOSURE IN THE LINE AND THEY ATTEMPT TO BALANCE THEIR DECISIONS.

IF THAT MEANS POSTING AN OFF THE BOARD NUMBER TO REDUCE A GAME TO WHERE THEY WANT IT,THAT'S JUST WHAT THEY WILL DO.

IF YOU HAVE A WAY TO ACCESS THE DON BEST LINE HISTORIES FROM LAST YEARS FOOTBALL JUST LOOK WHERE THEIR LINE STARTS AND FINISHES AND PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO POST TIME.

YOU SHOULD ALSO LOOK OLYMPIC BECAUSE THEY OPEN EARLY AND WWTS BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOME BIG PLAYERS WHO CAN MOVE THEIR LINE.

YOU CAN LEARN A TON BY STUDYING THE LINE HISTORIES OF THE VARIOUS BOOKS YOU PLAY IN TO AND THOSE WHOSE LINE YOU JUST RESPECT...

REALITY
                PPETER,

RIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH:

Originally posted by Mickey:

BETCRIS does not discount any sport, period. The reason we don't discount is because it is come one come all, whether you are a wiseguy or a square. We work on a hold that is traditionally low compared to the industry because we accept all the sharp shooters and no one has ever been BOOTED (no pun intended) for winning. In other words, here is our numbers, play and get paid. Most people play into our store because our numbers move dramatically, especially at post. Most shoopers play here because they understand the value of a half point and that is the basic reason why you will never see a discount at CRIS.

Thanks
                Mickey www.betcris.com
                1-800-596-8946
                REALITY

Comment

Working...
                X