Disputed Wager With INTERTOPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disputed Wager With INTERTOPS

On Sunday, July 8, 2001 I placed a wager with Intertops on the Mets-Yankees game, taking the Mets on the run line. After submitting the wager, a pitching change was made which should rendered the wager as “no action.” Intertops graded the wager as action and thus a losing play despite the fact that this directly contradictory to their rules and regulations. Specifically Rule 4.4, which states:

"....BASEBALL For betting purposes, winners and losers of games are official
    after five (5) innings of play. If the home team is leading, the game is
    official after 4 1/2 innings of play. thereafter, if a game is called or
    suspende, the winner is determined by the score after the last full inning,
    unless the hometeam scores to tie or take the lead in the bottom half of the
    inning, in which case the winner is determined by the score at the time the
    game is called. When wagering on total runs, the games must go nine (9)
    innings (8 1/2) if the home team is ahead, to have action.thereafter, if a
    game is called or suspended, the score will be determined after the last
    full inning unless the home team scores to tie or take the lead in the bottom
    half of the inning, in which case the winner is determined by the score at the
    time the game is called. Listed pitchers must start for action in totals
    wagering, rules for baseball proposition bets and run line bets are the same as those
    for baseball totals."

The last sentence of this rule clearly states that run line bets are guided by the same rules as those governing totals (i.e. the game must go 9 innings, both pitchers must start, etc). This is standard practice within sports betting.

I have called Intertops on four occasions and emailed them in effort to resolve this matter privately. Unfortunately, as they have not lived up to their own rules and regulations, I am forced to take this matter to Bettors World and solicit the public’s response.

Am I missing something here or have I been treated unfairly?

It depends on how your account is setup in 4.5 a) is the default setup. You can set up your account one way or another, but it's not a game to game option.

Sorry but I don't think you have a case here.
    If you wanted listed pitchers you should have called them at some point along the way and set up your account that way.

4.5 Baseball bets are accepted in the following manner:

a) Action-team against team, regardless of the starting pitcher.

b) One specified pitcher-a wager on or against one specified pitcher, regardless of the other starting (not always
    available). Specified pitcher must start or wager is deemed-"no action"(not always available).

c) Both specified pitchers-a wager that specifies both starting pitchers.any variation, constitutes "no action"(not always
    available).

NOTE: Each teams starting pitcher is defined for betting purposes as the pitcher that throws the first pitch.

4.6 In the event of a pitcher(s) change prior to the start of a game, money odds may be adjusted.if one scheduled pitcher
    starts against an unscheduled pitcher, "action" and live "one scheduled pitche" bets will be computed at the opening price
    established witht the new pitcher.

May all your bets be winners
    www.footballstart.com

Comment

Drunken Goon

Perhaps you did not notice when reading my original post that my wager was on a RUN LINE.

Rule 4.5a is specific to baseball game lines and is not applicable to RUN LINE BETS which clearly distinguished from game line bets in Intertop's Rules and Regulations.

Comment

My bad, I missed that. You are correct, need to get refunded on that one. Good luck!

www.footballstart.com

Comment

I think that more details regarding the exchange between you and Intertops would be helpful. What was their reaction to your inquiries? What was their reasoning?

Comment

What time did you place the wager and what time was the p/c?

Comment

I guess it depends on when the pitching change was announced. If the bet was made before the pitching change was announced then you have a valid complaint. If it was made after the line was already adjusted for the pitching change then you probably don't.

Comment

My wager was placed at 3:53 eastern. The pitching change was a couple of hours later. The fact that there was a pitching change is not even disputed by INTERTOPS.

Their argument is that the last sentence in their Rule 4.4 which states "listed pitchers must start for action in totals wagering, rules for baseball proposition bets and run line bets are the same as those for baseball totals" only pertains to the concept of the game going a full 9 innings which is obviously ridiculous.

Comment

hmm, I bet with INTERTOPS and have been doing so for 3 yrs now. I dont think you have a beef. There has been lots of times that I have bet on both the run lines and totals ...where the pitchers were changed.
                  They STILL HONORED MY WAGER.

Yes if the pitcher changes ..the run line $ value and totals number does change..but bets made between the pitching changes ( run line & totals are honored )

Comment

I always thought that run lines and totals are OFF when there is a pitching change.

Regardless, I think there is only one way to interpret the rules you printed...that the same rules apply to run lines as totals which means your wager should have been OFF.

Has Intertops been non-responsive or are they disputing the interpretation of their own rules? I think you have a case here.

OLDMAN...I know of no book that honors a totals bet after a pitching change.

Comment

The problem has been resolved. I appreciate the feedback from those of you who offered your feedback.

Comment

Was it resolved to your satisfaction?

Comment

Yes, the wager was graded no action and Intertops even through in a small bonus.

Comment

Based on what you said, you were 100% correct. I'm glad you got it corrected.

Comment

Working...
                            X