Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A SCAM A SCAMDICAPPER WOULD BE PROUD OF...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A SCAM A SCAMDICAPPER WOULD BE PROUD OF...

Originally posted by Jeff:

Retiring Gambler Offers His Winnings - Three Homes - in Pay-to-Play Essay Contest to Finance Hawaiian Retirement

HE'S NOT OFFERING HIS WINNINGS,HE'S CONDUCTING A CALCULATED MARKETING SALES SCHEME HERE.

PALMDALE, Calif., Aug. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Michael Baker did so well living by gambling he acquired four homes, three of which he is offering as prizes in a pay-to-play essay contest.

He intends to raise enough to retire to Hawaii with his wife.

AGAIN HE IS NOT GIVING ANYTHING AWAY HERE.

THIS IS A STONE COLD FOR PROFIT SALES SCHEME.

But Baker says he is keeping a condo in Las Vegas for when he gets the itch to gamble.

Participants can enter for one, two or all three homes when they submit an essay, story or poem of no more than 400 words by Dec. 15, 2001. Baker describes the homes as a three bedroom two-bath house in Palmdale/Lake Los Angeles, a two-bedroom, one-bath located outside of Casa Grande, Ariz., and a second Las Vegas condo, which Baker says was renovated by Debbie Reynolds.

"We got the idea for this contest from the film 'The Spit Fire Grill' and the winners will get as much pleasure out of it as we are," says Baker, who turned to gambling after being stationed in Nevada for the atomic bomb test in the early 50s.

His plans call for five judges to pick the winners after the contest closes December 15, 2001. Baker says the winner will be announced by Christmas.

Additional information and pictures are available at http://www.freehomeessaycontest.com or by writing Free Home Essay Contest: P.O. Box 500113, Lake Los Angeles, CA 93591-0113, USA
    HERE'S HOW THIS SCAM WORKS.

SOME SIMPLE MATH AND AN ESCAPE CLAUSE TELL THE TALE.

The home you see pictured on page 1 is the GRAND PRIZE. Currently, my
    husband and I reside there. The house is valued at somewhere around $125,000
    (give or take some depending upon whose estimate you take.) We will award our
    home, FREE OF ALL ENCUMBRANCES, to the GRAND PRIZE WINNER of this
    ESSAY CONTEST. By any definition, THIS IS NOT A LOTTERY DRAWING or
    GAME of CHANCE. All winners will be selected by a panel of 5 judges in accordance
    with the guidelines of the enclosed Rules of the contest. To be eligible to win the
    prizes listed below, you must return items 1, 2, and/or 3 before December 15, 2001. To be eligible for THE EARLY BIRD BONUS PRIZE of $1,000, you must be one of the first 1,000 proper entries

ITEM 1.
    Submit your entry and payment online!!

A 400 word, (or less) essay (letter), starting with the sentence,
    "l would like to win this beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 bath home because.."
    A Cashier's Check or postal money-order in U.S. funds, made out to
    Juanita M. Baker for the sum of $210 must be enclosed.
    ITEM 1 - 3 bedroom, 2 bath home
    Price: $ 210.00

THE EARLY BIRD BONUS PRIZE of $1,000, you must be one of the first 1,000 proper entries

VALUE OF THE HOME: $125,000

1,000 PROPER ENTRIES@ $210= $210,000

SAY 1,000 PEOPLE ACTUALLY ENTER THIS "CONTEST".

THIS PHILANTHROPIC INDIVIDUAL WILL POCKET $85,000 ABOVE THE LEGIT MARKET PRICE FOR THIS HOME WHICH HE MIGHT NOT EVEN OWN!

HE MAY HAVE IT TIED UP IN AN OPTION UNTIL JAN.1ST...

WHAT IF ONLY 1 LUCKY PERSON ENTERS?

NO PROBLEM.

FROM THE RULES SECTION OF THE CONTEST.

3. An independent judging group consisting of 5 judges, will determine the winners. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the contest and refund the monies received.

UNLESS THERE IS ENOUGH "ENTRANTS" FOR THIS SPLENDID INDIVIDUAL TO MAKE A PROFIT HE CAN CANCEL THE "CONTEST"!

SIMILAR TO A RESERVE OR MINIMUM PRICE AT AN AUCTION.

IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF W.C.FIELDS:

"A sucker is born everyday..."

REALITY

WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!

You bet your life! ! ! You could win this BEAUTIFUL, 3 BEDROOM, 2 BATH HOME situated in the grand Antelope Valley of California, USA…but don't take my word, I'll let the house speak for itself! "Hi! I am this BEAUTIFUL 3 BEDROOM, 2 BATH HOME. My owner has cared for me gently and beautifully with
    a pretty green grass lawn out front, surrounded by hundreds of assorted flowers. Out back are apple,peach, nectarine, apricot and even a new-born cherry tree.

Also, lining my rear fence- line are many fig trees and grape vines, along with a very large mulberry tree gracing a portion of this beautiful 1/2 acre property. My front lawn is shaded almost all day by two beautiful weeping willow trees. My owner
    quite frequently sits under them in the cool breeze of the afternoon sipping a cool ice tea and doing some needle work

"My owner is along in age, children all married or gone from the nest, and I am too large for her now with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.She is sad to leave me but happy to think that a new & young family, (possibly,) who would want, and need, and appreciate me
    , would soon be winning me in the very simple essay contest she is sponsoring." "Here's what you do. Write a 400 word essay, (or less,) starting with the sentence

"I would like to win this beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 bath home because…"Enclose a bank draft or postal money order for the
    entrance fee of $210.00, (so my owner may recover some of her costs involved with giving her home away.)

"Oh, I almost forgot! My friend, "Mr. Cadillac Coupe de Ville",you see sitting in the driveway, goes to the winner also, along
    with the house, provided it is not sold prior to the end of the contest!!!
    So, please send your essay, along with the
    entrance fee payable to Juanita M. Baker to:

FREE HOME ESSAY CONTEST
    P.O. BOX # 500113
    U.S. POST OFFICE
    39470 - 170th St. East
    Lake L.A., CA 93591-0113 U.S.A.

"Mr. Cadillac Coupe de Ville", USED TO TRANSPORT ELVIS'S PRESCRIPTION DRUGS WHEN HE APPEARED IN VEGAS.

I'M GUESSING 1977...

REALITY

Comment

If it looks too good to be true......

punches pilot :rolleyes:

Comment

Hey, gotta make a living somehow......

Comment

Re: A SCAM A SCAMDICAPPER WOULD BE PROUD OF...

Originally posted by REALITY

HERE'S HOW THIS SCAM WORKS.

SOME SIMPLE MATH AND AN ESCAPE CLAUSE TELL THE TALE.

The home you see pictured on page 1 is the GRAND PRIZE. Currently, my
          husband and I reside there. The house is valued at somewhere around $125,000
          (give or take some depending upon whose estimate you take.) We will award our
          home, FREE OF ALL ENCUMBRANCES, to the GRAND PRIZE WINNER of this
          ESSAY CONTEST. By any definition, THIS IS NOT A LOTTERY DRAWING or
          GAME of CHANCE. All winners will be selected by a panel of 5 judges in accordance
          with the guidelines of the enclosed Rules of the contest. To be eligible to win the
          prizes listed below, you must return items 1, 2, and/or 3 before December 15, 2001. To be eligible for THE EARLY BIRD BONUS PRIZE of $1,000, you must be one of the first 1,000 proper entries

ITEM 1.
          Submit your entry and payment online!!

A 400 word, (or less) essay (letter), starting with the sentence,
          "l would like to win this beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 bath home because.."
          A Cashier's Check or postal money-order in U.S. funds, made out to
          Juanita M. Baker for the sum of $210 must be enclosed.
          ITEM 1 - 3 bedroom, 2 bath home
          Price: $ 210.00

THE EARLY BIRD BONUS PRIZE of $1,000, you must be one of the first 1,000 proper entries

VALUE OF THE HOME: $125,000

1,000 PROPER ENTRIES@ $210= $210,000

SAY 1,000 PEOPLE ACTUALLY ENTER THIS "CONTEST".

THIS PHILANTHROPIC INDIVIDUAL WILL POCKET $85,000 ABOVE THE LEGIT MARKET PRICE FOR THIS HOME WHICH HE MIGHT NOT EVEN OWN!

HE MAY HAVE IT TIED UP IN AN OPTION UNTIL JAN.1ST...

WHAT IF ONLY 1 LUCKY PERSON ENTERS?

NO PROBLEM.

FROM THE RULES SECTION OF THE CONTEST.

3. An independent judging group consisting of 5 judges, will determine the winners. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the contest and refund the monies received.

UNLESS THERE IS ENOUGH "ENTRANTS" FOR THIS SPLENDID INDIVIDUAL TO MAKE A PROFIT HE CAN CANCEL THE "CONTEST"!

SIMILAR TO A RESERVE OR MINIMUM PRICE AT AN AUCTION.

IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF W.C.FIELDS:

"A sucker is born everyday..."

REALITY

Comment

Working...
          X