Royal Sports Little League!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Sports Little League!!!

From Willemstad to Williamsport Royal Sports on ESPN today.

Williamsport,PA - Today at 4pm EST the Royal Sports Little League team
    representing the Netherlands Antilles will play Guam in the International
    Semi-finals.
    The Royal Sports team, the pride of the Antilles, blew away their
    competition in Curacao and then swept the Latin American Little League World
    Series in July of
    this year. Thus earning the right to represent the Caribbean region in World
    Series play in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. The Royal team (2-1) has beaten
    Saudi Arabia and Mexico before losing to Japan on Tuesday. Royal team
    Manager, Mark Van Zanten of the Houston Astros farm system says this is "the
    strongest team to ever come from the Antilles and has high expectations for
    them but acknowledges the 'salty competition' at this level of play. The
    Royal team is paced by the Daal brothers, the Martis brothers, Rudson Pieter
    and future major leaguer Michelangelo Trinidad.

Check with Royal Sports for
    a line on todays contest.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but it's a sad day when people are betting on little league games.

Comment

No, what's really sad is the behavior of "adults" at all levels of youth sport!

Comment

That is so true. Parents of these kids are getting out of control. There are fights at youth sports events between parents, and also between parents and officials. They act like their child's future depends on every play.
        By the way, don't you think that sportscasters calling a 12 year old kid "The next Randy Johnson" is a little too much pressure?

Comment

Who called whom the next Randy Johnson? Was this kid throwing some serious heat or what? I didn't get to see the game.

Comment

We are proud as punch of our lads. This team has excelled all year and has greatly surpassed our wildest expectations of success. I am not sure which is better the kids on the diamond or the coaches on the side. Both are tremendous winners. For once more eyes in Curacao will watch someone besides Andruw Jones playing baseball on TV.
            Saturday night 8pm EST on ESPN. I encourage everyone to eat Japanese food Saturday at 6pm, so by 8 they will be hungry for some more.

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) -- Willemstad, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles took advantage of a poor defensive fifth inning by Guam Central for a 4-3 victory Thursday in an international semifinal at the Little League World Series.
            Netherlands Antilles (3-1) will face Tokyo Kitasuna (3-1) in Saturday's international championship. Japan advanced with a 15-5 semifinal win over Mexico on Wednesday.
            The U.S. championship game is also on Saturday.
            Apopka, Fla., which beat Brownsburg, Ind., 6-1 Wednesday will face the winner of Thursday night's semifinal between Oceanside, Calif., and Paulino-Bronx, N.Y.
            In the top of the fifth, Prinstonyor Paulina of Netherlands Antilles was on first base when Dinyor Antonia laid down a sacrifice bunt. Guam first baseman Henry Salas didn't have his foot on the base when he took the throw and Antonia was called safe. When Paulina rounded second, Salas overthrew third base, allowing Paulina to score and Antonia to advance to second as Netherlands Antilles took a 2-1 lead.
            Richendro Martis followed with another sacrifice bunt, and the scene repeated itself, with Salas missing the bag and then throwing the ball away, allowing Antonia to score and make it 3-1. Martis scored on Michelangelo Trinidad's double to put Netherlands Antilles up 4-1.
            Guam (3-1) closed within 4-2 in the bottom of the inning when Kristopher Kaneshiro scored on Kurt Diaz's double. Guam made it 4-3 in the sixth when Derwin Aguon scored on a groundout.
            Trinidad (2-0) struck out nine and walked one. Freddy Abanes Cepeda Jr. (0-1) took the loss.
            The game started about an hour late because of rain.
            :D

Comment

Pretty serious heat for a kid. The "little unit" throws 78 m.p.h. which they say is equivalent to a major league 102 m.p.h.
              It dosen't quite sound right, but the kid is unhittable. He almost struck out every single batter the other day, but the other team tried a bunt. He had to settle for a no-hitter.

Comment

Go Royal! :D

Comment

i've watched most of the games and this is one will coached team. they run the bases better than any team i've seen. this team and the coaches are so laid back,their laughing danceing in the dug out but are still play outstanding baseball. did you see that catch in the first inning. should be a play of the day on espn.

Comment

What happened? I missed the game.

Comment

Japan came back from down 1-0 to win it in the 6th with a 2 run HR... Tough luck for Royal's boys! Good showing thugh!

May all your bets be winners
                      May all your bets be winners
                      www.footballstart.com

Comment

japan, just about the same thing tonight,bottom of the sixth down 1-0 score two. couple of mistakes on fla. side but got to give japan credit for hanging in there. i see where antilles lost to ny. 9-1. also heard that the mets invited the japan, team to tomarrow's game. i hope they invited all the teams and not just one.

Comment

a great world series. sad to see an individual player take the weight of the world with him with 2 errors. a nice team, good young men.
                          curacao was a fun team. they truly enjoyed the experience-you could see it.

can't wait till next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X