Sportingbetusa Contest: I AM GOING TO PUKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportingbetusa Contest: I AM GOING TO PUKE

I feel so sick right now. Its not because of money I lost but money I could have won. I am sure many of you are familiar with this free contest. They have 4 questions per day and they give the winner $1000 if they can get them all right. Plus they have a bonus question to break any tie breakers but if you get all 4 questions right and the bonus you win $1000 plus bonus money. The bonus money is $1000 everyday and keeps accumulating until someone hits. Well yesterday it was at $8000. Here are the questions and my answers that I picked are with an asterisks:

Date: September 28th

Question 1
    Which of the Following Players Will Record the Most Hits & Runs?

Arod *
    Mike Piazza
    Brian Giles
    Chipper Jones
    Tie For Most

Question 2
    What will be the Total Strikeouts By Curt Schilling?

Less than 6
    6 to 7
    8 to 9 *
    10 to 11
    More than 11

Question 3
    What will be the Total Hits, Runs & RBI's By Olerud, Boone & Cameron?

Less Than 2
    2 to 3
    4 to 5
    6 to 7 *
    More Than 7

Question 4
    Which of the Following Pitchers Will record The Most Innings Pitched & Strikeouts?

Mark Mulder
    Freddy Garcia
    Mike Mussina *
    CC Sabathia
    Tie For Most

Tiebreaker:
    Pick The Total Pitches Thrown By Tom Glavine

107!!!!!!

I knew I had hit the number of pitches with Glavine and Mussina but the other 3 questions were still hanging in the balance. I come home and check the ones I was worried about most...K's by Schilling and the total hits, runs, rbis by cameron, boone, and olerud...Sure enough, Schilling had 8 Ks and Boone and Olerud totaled for 3 hits 2 runs and 1 RBI...

My heart was really starting to race now. Damn I really need that $9K...(I want to propose to my g/f). Finally I checked the first question..Which of those players had the most hits and runs. I was pretty confident with AROD especially after I saw the 11 runs posted by Texas and 15 hits. I check the box score and he had 2 hits and 2 runs, not bad since I knew Piazza and Jones choked earlier in the night. Then I checked the last player...Brian Giles. I had a wager on Pitts so I knew they had 1 run after like 5-6 innings. I checked the final score and they had a benign 3 runs and 6 hits. But to my horror...I checked the box score and Giles had 2 hits and 2 runs...tying AROD!!! Giles had 2 bombs to kill my chances of winning 9k. Adding to my torture I checked the game log of the Texas game and Arod had 1 other decent chance to score and plus another player hit for him in the 9th which ruined my chance at 9k. Oooohhh the agony...this has to go down as my worst beat of all time...even though I did not lose any of my own money.

Guys still propose? :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
    X