Carib interview - Buzz Daly's players Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carib interview - Buzz Daly's players Guide

If you haven't picked up Buzz's magazine yet, it's worth the price.

There's a great interview with William Caeser from Carib Sports.

He touches on the costs associated with operating and offshore book and gives an example of the potential for profit as well as disastor.

In an example,he takes a book that brings in 10 million in deposits the 1st year. Then adds in the expenses, and the figures on how much of that 10 mil the book figures to keep.

In that example, when all was said and done, there was a 1 million dollar profit........but, not so fast......

He then touches on the infamous 10% bonus......

Based on the 10 mil figure, and the 1 mil profit, add in a 10% bonus which equals 1 mil and there goes your profit! Now your even.

Very interesting article which should be a wake up call for some.

While were on the subject, and sincesomeone recently asked about super safe books....

It's worth noting the originals on this site. We preach longevity as a major factor, so you can't ignore the longevity of the books that have been with bworld since the begginning.

wwts
    wsex
    sos
    intertops
    carib

When Bettorsworld was formed, we had buildings on the homepage and each book took up a building. I believe there were 6 or 7 buildings.

Betmaker was one of the originals as was Superbook, but both are under new management/ownership, thus don't qualify as "originals".

Comment

Jeff I don't totally agree with the conclusions about the bonus because i believe a that gives the bonus along with a 5 times rollover requirement protects themselves from a mathematical problem i think they should even reqire a 10x rollover
      players like me like bonuses but in exhange we must give books action in fact if i operated a book and had confidence in my numbers and "bookmaking ability" which i would i would do the following offer a player a bonus of whatever he wants up to say 100% with the only stipulation being that the player roll over the money equivilent to the % bonus he wants before making withdrawels no time frame required.
      This generates action the stupid books in my opinion are the ones that only offer bonuses to sign up but not for reloads you would think that the costumer you really would want to send you more money would be those most likely to lose. For example i have a book with generous reloads that i rarely actually bet a normal play just other sides of middles/scalpes usually on the other side than i like in the game. with them i'm probably stuck over 10 grand but thanks to the bonusues i made 2 grand so me and that book are very happy with that arrangement
      although aces gold is not the book i'm talking about i believe that is why they arw successfull. on the other hand to be honest ive signed up with quite a few "clone joints"
      for their special sign up bonusus found no lines i coulnd't get somewhere else and no reload bonuses i simply closed myaccounts after meeting their requirements or losing the balance. So i believe good books would make more money by being generous with their bonuses they just need to do it the right way.

Comment

Good point about reloads. You would think that would be the safest way for them to give bonues. Make sure the player loses either all of his deposit or a certain percentage and then offer a bonus to reload.

Comment

Rich: I agree everyone likes sign-up and reload bonus. But from the books side they could have 20 times rollover and they still lose 10% or whatever on all deposit. If they didn't offer that bonus it would be profit.

Comment

Working...
          X