Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT IS THE ONLY PLAY THAT CANNOT BE PRACTICED?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT IS THE ONLY PLAY THAT CANNOT BE PRACTICED?

WHAT IS THE ONLY PLAY IN BASEBALL THAT CANNOT BE PRACTICED? THIS IS A ROUTINE PLAY THAT HAPPENS MANY TIMES A GAME AND WHEN IT DOES ONE MUST REACT PURELY ON INSTINCT SINCE THE PLAY/SITUATION CAN"T BE EASILY RECREATED IN A PRACTICE SESSION SO IT IS NEVER PRACTICED, UNLIKE SAY A PICKOFF PLAY OR A CUTOFF AND RELAY PLAY THAT CAN BE REHEARSED/PRACTICED OVER AND OVER....

SEE IF YOU CAN COME UP WITH THIS AS WE GET READY FOR THE WORLD SERIES

I WILL POST THE ANSWER LATER...WHEN YOU HEAR THE ANSER YOULL SAY HOW COULD I NOT HAVE KNOWN THAT

balk? beanball? margo?

Comment

Could it be getting hit by a pitch? (and storming the mound - optional). I guess hitting batters could be practiced, but you wouldn't be left with much of a lineup come gameday . Oh well, just my half drunk contribution to this quiz. :~

Comment

I would think this would be when a man on first gets caught in a rundown and a man on third breaks for home. A quasi double steal. My two cents, good question.

allin

Comment

How about a "swinging bunt".

Comment

The suspense if killing me.

Comment

alright my last guess, a tipped ball caught for third strike. Lets see the answer!
              allin

Comment

That third ball strike happened tonight didn't it?

I have no clue.....there has to be more than one thing you can't plan for..

What's the answer?

CASHEW - I know it is probably your "style" but can you please quit posting all in caps (and please don't get mad). It's harder to read....and occasionally I won't read posts if they are all caps. Thanks! Nothing personal....just hard on my eyes!

:cool:

Comment

BW HAS THE SMARTEST POSTERS AROUND!! ALLIN GOT IT!!! THE CORRECT ANSWER IS: A CATCHER CAN"T PRACTICE CATCHING A FOUL TIP FOR STRIKE THREE>>>NO WAY TO RECREATE THAT PLAY>>>>I PLAYED LITTLE LEAGUE WITH A CATCHER WHO USED TO COMPLAIN HE COULDN"T PRACTICE DOING THAT AND THERE WAS NOTHING HE COULD DO ABOUT IT>>>>>>>>>BRIAN GIVE THAT MAN A CUBAN CIGAR

Comment

:cool:

Comment

Working...
                    X