Do You Hear the Call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Hear the Call?

For those of you who have confidence in our military, I think this will make you wonder.

THE FOLLOWING is the actual radio conversation of a U.S. naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. Radio conversation released by the chief of naval operations on 10/10/95.

CANADIANS: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collision.

CANADIANS: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: This is the captain of a U.S. Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

CANADIANS: No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.

AMERICANS: This is the Aircraft Carrier USS LINCOLN, the second largest ship the United States Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied with three Destroyers, three Cruisers and numerous support vessels. I DEMAND that you change your course 15 degrees north. I say again, that’s one-five degrees north, or counter-measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

CANADIANS: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

I would have blown up the lighthouse.

Comment

Comment

i think you'd be surprised how many close calls there are just like this one. dosnsn't really surprise me one bit.

Comment

Very funny - except it ain't true.

See: Urban Legends

As always - Good Luck,

Sonny
          As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Damn......tricked by another urban legend. The thing is, some of those urban legends have a degree of truth to them.....

Comment

Working...
            X