Do you have a problem? Take the test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a problem? Take the test

Gamblers Anonymous offers these 20 questions to help people decide if they are compulsive gamblers. Most who are will answer "yes" to at least seven.

1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?

2. Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?

3. Did gambling affect your reputation?

4. Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?

5. Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or solve other financial difficulties?

6. Has gambling caused a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?

7. After losing, did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?

8. After a win, did you have a strong urge to return and win more?

9. Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?

10. Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?

11. Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?

12. Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?

13. Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?

14. Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?

15. Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?

16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?

17. Did gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping?

18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations trigger an urge to gamble?

19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?

20. Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?

1.) Yes, I took a vacation to Vegas. Does that count?

2.) Yes, I bet a nickle on the Ravens this week; my wife was unhappy because it wasn't a dime.

3.) Yes, I have a reputation of knowing the line. People often ask me what the spread is on games.

4.) I have often felt remorse after the game was over. I often bet a dollar when I should have bet a nickel; or likewise bet a nickel when it should have been a dollar.

5.) Never.

6.) Yes - the more time I spend looking at the numbers, the less I seem to win.

7.) Yes - after a losing weekend, I am right back Sunday night handicapping next week's NFL games. Of course the same can be said after a winnning week.

8.) Yes - see #7.

9.) Ever? Yes! In the past I had very poor money management; however over the last 5 years I have managed to preserve my bankroll even on extended losing streaks.

10.) Nope - never.

11.) Nope - never.

12.) Yes - my rule is don't gamble with the rent money and don't pay the rent with the gambling money.

13.) No - no matter how good or bad my betting day was, my family is always first.

14.) Sure - I once played blackjack for 16 hours when I only planned on playing 12.

15.) Sure I go to Vegas to escape - but not escape worry or trouble. Much like we go to a movie to escape. Just to escape the mundane details of everyday life.

16.) Nope - never.

17.) Yes - after a particularly exciting game - the Ravens/Titans Monday Night game comes to mind - I have trouble getting to sleep. And I didn't even wager on that one.

18.) Nope.

19.) Nope.

20.) No, but I did send Kris Brown a nasty letter after he cost me a small fortune.

As always - Good Luck,

Sonny
    As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Working...
    X