Burned by a local!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burned by a local!

3 years ago I was screwed $1700.00 by my local and he promised he was good for it within a few weeks. Well within a couple weeks his phone was disconected and he dissapeared. I was introduced to him through a mutual aquaintace (now a lost friendship). Anyways word has it he is around town. Ten years ago I would go find him and get my money or we'd be throwing hands. Now I am married with children, a house and plenty of commitment. But I want this piece of shit BAD, what do I do? I'm afraid to face him cause I might do something stupid. I'm no tough guy (anymore) but he still owes me!

is he bigger than you?

Comment

Ask around for someone that would be willing to collect past due funds for a percentage.

For the ammount your looking for 15% ($250) should be enough to get someone to do it for you.

You need to confirm who this guy is working for before you send your goons out.

Maybe another solution is to ask the guy for $2000 credit, and play some games with him.

You got nothing to loose.

Comment

Mako!
        Thank you for brings this up to this forum!!
        I had a similar experience as yours; I got burned real badly with four local guys in my town way back in couple years ago, in the 1999-2000 season in amount around $3,640.00. Now I still suffered with that lost.
        “Un-collectable”. I think when it comes to a gambling, it hard to find the creditable, dependable, and honest people”. Oh! Man! I still got really mad “Shaky” with those local guys. In fact, one of them is my best friend!!. Maybe! I had been too nice to them!!!

Good Luck!!

Comment

Mako,
          What's worse? Getting screwed by your local or an offshore ripoff. Thanks to BettorsWorld I feel your odds are much bettor with the out-of-town boys.
          My final experience with a local went like this: He owes me over 7 dimes & promises to pay me a dime a week. Pays me the first week but ducks me second week and takes girlfriend to Catalina. I too was introduced to my local by a mutual friend. I was able to get a 60% VA disability (he should have gotten more) for my 6'4" 275 lbs pissed of Vietnam Vet/Biker brother who was recently paroled after 6yrs. $1,100 a month tax free for the rest of his life plus free medical was like us hitting a four team parley every week. I'm just tryin' to keep my 30 yr friend from doin' life for his third strike. "Might as well kill a motherf.... next time 'cause they're gonna give me life anyway" he told the mutual friend of mine and my local after I introduced them to each other at a party. My friend couldn't wait to get his hands on my local. That Monday I had 1/2 my money and with in a week the rest. Last time I had anything to do with a local.
          Did I feel good about this when it was over? Noo!! The word got around about this and some people think I'm some kind of gangster and my buddy wants me to find someone else he can scare the s..t out of. He's been all cocked and ready to go ever since which is not good. He received his jungle training in Panama..., isn't Costa Rica near Panama?

Comment

I got my jungle training in Panama too, right before they closed the school down ('87 or '88)

I was in one of the last classes, my friend caught some kind of fungus in his lungs and was discharged after having part of a lung removed.

I didn't know that school was open during the Vietnam war. I thought Noriega started it. We had to take those jungle expert patches off our uniforms about a year before Noriega was arrested.

Anyway, you do have to be careful when using a collection man, you could give people the wrong impression about you.

Play with fire and you could get burned.

Comment

i think mako should borrow toledos brother to get the job done.

seriously, after thinking about this, you're probably better off just letting it go. not worth it.

Comment

mako,
                if you want a better way to make wagers email me and i can help you out.

Comment

a better way to make wahers huh? this ought to be good.

Comment

Working...
                  X