Here's an idea - CREDIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's an idea - CREDIT

Maybe it's time the books meet us at least half way. We post up 5 dimes, we get 5 dimes credit. Our losses when a book goes belly up would cut drasticallly.

Think about it. We have to send our money to a 3rd world country and put all our trust in these operators.

We the players have made these books what they are. Maybe it's time they repay the favor, at least to those of us who have been long term customers.

What could their excuse be for not doing it? They don't know us very well? We obviously don't know them very well either!

I'm sure all the books would say there's no way for them to collect if the player didn't want to pay. But you know what, there's no way for the player to collect if the book doesn't want to or can't pay, either.

Comment

I think it is an excellent idea whose time has come. A great way for the offshores to try try and stop the bleeding. Count me in!

Comment

I believe the offshore industry is in the process of losing all credibility, in terms of being trustworty with postup funds. Licensing is a joke - not just in one location but in Curacao (Sports-Market), Antigua (Alladins Gold), Costa Rica, etc. No government regulation is making sure that they keep postup players' funds on deposit.

It probably sounds like a big prophesy, but I believe the days of postup in unregulated countries is on its last leg.

Comment

The the 50% idea, if the player stiffed the book, at least the book would get 50% of the money. Which is 50% more than they would have gotten if it was 100% credit. Works the same for the player.

How many would take 50% of their Aces balances right about now?

This wouldn't be for everyone, but some of us have been playing with these same shops for 4 or 5 years. Just once I'd like the favor returned.

If not, I'm just going to go back to playing with the locals. There's enough of them around. The numbers are just as good and more importantly, the risks are now the same.

Comment

I had come in to one book as a postup player. After playing for a couple years I was offered credit. We had an agreement to settle at +/- 10 dimes. A month later, I was up about 15 and asked for a payout. Got the payout no problem, next thing I know they cut me off, no more credit. The guy said his partner didn't like the idea. He was pissed that I bet some big moneyline favorites. Never posted up with them again.

Comment

Working...
            X