NY Mets Homo Sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Mets Homo Sex

in today's ny post gossip columnist neal travis reported that mets manager bobby valentine will soon out a member of the team...the player was only described as a superstar who's often linked to supermodels

catcher mike piazza is the only guy on that team who can be called a superstar...and he's the only one you read about being linked with supermodels, so it sounds like he's the guy

funny, in gay parlance catcher is someone who receives gay sex

question: if this revelation is true will it change your opinion of piazza? do you think his game will be affected? apparently piazza has been hit with more balls than ron hunt, who is not mike's brother (mike hunt that is)

say it aint so

If it's true I hope he doesn't go public. With team sports it would be crazy for a gay player to come out of the closet. I don't think his team could handle it. Imagine the heckling he'd get at road games. He'd also lose out on all his TV commercials.

Comment

May 20, 2002 -- In and out with the Mets

IN what could be seen as a pre-emptory strike, Mets manager Bobby Valentine says that Major League baseball is "probably ready for an openly gay player."

Valentine makes the remark, seemingly out of the blue, in an upcoming interview with the June/July issue of Details magazine. "The players are a diverse enough group now that I think they could handle (a gay teammate)," he says.

While the manager's statement is imminently sensible and unlikely to disturb any of his young players, it could roil some traditional Shea Stadium fans. (I can hear the chant of "switch hitter" already.)

More to the point, some may think that Valentine is getting in first, before one of his big guns is outed. There is a persistent rumor around town that one Mets star who spends a lot of time with pretty models in clubs is actually gay and has started to think about declaring his sexual orientation.

The rumor even goes so far as to say that the player and a still-closeted local TV personality recently purchased a house together in a ritzy New York suburb. (I've made a cursory check of the real estate rolls in that suburb and can't find any documentation of the rumor. But even if it's all nonsense, the story is out there and gaining momentum by the day.)

The other fascinating thing about Valentine's statement to Details is that it shows how far he's come in the big city. When Bobby came up to manage the Mets, he was, to be blunt, a bit of a redneck, a man perhaps more like a John Rocker than a crusader for gay rights. I think we all should be proud of him for taking such a principled and sensible stand.

Comment

maybe piazza and clint hurdle, billie jean king, troy aikman, martina navrilatova, roman gabriel, lance rentzel and jaromir jagr could all do a commercial for the richard simmon's deal-a-meal

foods include: hot dogs, pickles, cucumbers, bananas and lots of tube steak

Comment

Supposedly a lot of professional football players are also gay. Coming out of the closet could hurt the image of the team sports and affect playing for sure. But change is always inevitable and everyone will adapt. Kordell Stewart of the Steelers has had stories flying around for years about his personal life and it hasn't affected his game too much.

Comment

If I bet the mets and Piazza comes up in the bottom of the 9th and hits a grand slam to clinch my bet, then I don't care if he f*cks fish!

Comment

That's basically my attitude toward not only sports but life in general. All I care about is that my neighbors keep their yard looking decent, are quiet, watch my crib when I'm out of town, and give me a wave and a "whazzup" when they see me come home. Other than that, as long as they're not having sex with live children or dead adults I could care less what they do in their personal life.

Still, I have my doubts that MLB clubhouses are bastions of sexual tolerance regardless of what Bobby V says.

JRM
              THE PROPHET
              www.netprophetsports.com

Originally posted by brink
              If I bet the mets and Piazza comes up in the bottom of the 9th and hits a grand slam to clinch my bet, then I don't care if he f*cks fish!
              Affordable, successful and honest handicapping of all major sports and most minor sports.

www.netprophetsports.com

Comment

"live children or dead adults....." does this make dead children okay???

Other than that, you're right, who cares.

Comment

Heh...I didn't think about that. I was paraphrasing an old quote about the Kennedy's dominance of Massachusetts politics which was something like "the only thing that could keep a Kennedy from winning an election in Massachusetts was to be caught in bed with a live child or dead adult". Of course we don't want to give a politician such an obvious loophole, now do we ; )

I'd probably expand it to include dead adults, children (living or dead) or animals (living or dead). Seeing my neighbor wheel in with a U-Haul and unload a donkey in lavender lingerie would give me cause for concern. Any combination or variation of consenting adults is allright with me as long as they don't wake me up or make my dogs bark....

JRM
                  THE PROPHET

www.netprophetsports.com

Originally posted by Blowfish
                  "live children or dead adults....." does this make dead children okay???

Other than that, you're right, who cares.
                  Affordable, successful and honest handicapping of all major sports and most minor sports.

www.netprophetsports.com

Comment

the political saying is: don't get caught with a dead girl or a live boy in your bed

it was an oft used line on the tv show 'dallas'

Comment

Front page of Daily News...Piazza's not gay. End of story. http://www.mostnewyork.com/manual/front.htm

Comment

Sort of like we all know now that Tom Cruise isn't gay just because he says so and sues anyone that suggests that he is ; )

Personally, I could care less if Piazza sleeps with men, women and sheep at the same time. The unfortunate fact is that whether or not they're true the innuendo will continue....

I feel sorry for Piazza--this is a situation that no professional athlete (or anyone else for that matter) should be forced into. If he ignores the rumours, they continue and his silence is viewed as a confirmation that they're true. If he addresses them, it sounds like its "damage control" on a subject that he's touchy about. It's pretty much a no-win situation for him. The guy is a class act on the field, and stays out of trouble off the field. That should be all that matters....

Funny line on Jim Rome's show today. A listener emailed with the following:

"Who cares if baseball is ready to accept a gay player or not. What I want to know is if men's figure skating is ready to accept a straight competitor?"

And I'm going to confirm all of the rumours right now....it's true, I'm attracted to busty redheads ; )

JRM
                        THE PROPHET
                        www.netprophetsports.com

Originally posted by ShiftySheik
                        Front page of Daily News...Piazza's not gay. End of story. http://www.mostnewyork.com/manual/front.htm

www.netprophetsports.com

Comment

What really sucks here is that this sleazeball paper the NYPOST orchestrates this article to sell friggin papers at someone elses expense. They make it headline news today. There should be laws against that crap!

Comment

ESPN is now reporting that a sportswriter wrote a column criticizing the paper for printing the "Piazza is gay" rumors and the Post wouldn't print it. The sportswriter has reportedly quit in protest:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0522/1385611.html

JRM
                            THE PROPHET
                            www.netprophetsports.com

Originally posted by brink
                            What really sucks here is that this sleazeball paper the NYPOST orchestrates this article to sell friggin papers at someone elses expense. They make it headline news today. There should be laws against that crap!

www.netprophetsports.com

Comment

blowfish,
                              you are correct. the rumors about kordell have not affected his performance one bit! he still is god awful!

Comment

Working...
                              X