Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson out of shape?

FYI

Tyson weighed in at 234........much heavier than the 217 or so he fought at in his heyday.....

He didn't look out of shape. I mean, he wasn't fat. I give him shot. I wonder how many out there are going to cough up the 50 bucks to watch it? Or 60 bucks, whatever it is.

Comment

$54.95 around here.

Comment

Tyson to add Jared from Subway to team?

Tyson looked pretty damn tough, IMO, but it'll be hard to see how the extra weight impacts his performance until he gets in the ring. It probably won't hurt a guy that fights like Mike does as much as it would a more finesse oriented fighter. The $64,000 question as far as I'm concerned is Tyson's handspeed. Is it still there? It's been mentioned by a lot of analysts as a crucial factor in the fight and looking back over Tyson's fights starting with McNeely to the present I haven't really seen much of that. Of course, most of his opponents have been stiffs like McNeely, Savarse, Golota, et. al. and he didn't really need it.

DirecTV is charging $59.95 for the fight, but you get $5.00 off if you order it before Saturday.

JRM
        THE PROPHET
        www.netprophetsports.com
        Affordable, successful and honest handicapping of all major sports and most minor sports.

www.netprophetsports.com

Comment

The saying in boxing is speed kills.

What the casual observer doesn't realize is that's what made Tyson great. Speed. Not power. Speed makes power. Show me one Tyson knockout where the opponent saw the punch?? He was incredibly fast.

There's plenty of HUGE fighters who should be "powerful" but couldn't knock out a fly. They don't have the speed and don't really know how to punch.

There's no way Tyson has even half the speed, coordination, reflexes that he once did. Never mind the fact that he hasn't had to take a hard shot in years.

But even with all the edges Lewis has, it's boxing and anything can happen, and that's why I'll be tuning in........

Comment

More weight

If there is any athlete out there who has played his game at 215 and has come in a year later at 230 looking just as good and feeling just as good, he knows what is happening. I have done this. The extra weight is really a detriment in most cases. At 230 I looked in better shape than at 215. I was faster, stronger, and more powerful. But, the fact of the matter is, it is much harder to carry this weight.

My opinion is that Tyson will bring it heavy early on. If he can't get it done it won't be good for him.

Comment

From a betting standpont, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to see Tyson win. If he were to win convincingly, he'd be a favorite his next time out.........eventually there would be money to be made betting against him....

Comment

At least Tyson came to fight and was throwing punches or trying to right to the end. It's almost as exciting watching him take a beating as it was to watch him give a beating.

Comment

I was shocked he was courteous and polite after the fight and didn't pull any antics whatsoever. Either he was knocked senseless or he has a split personality. I expected to see a much meaner Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                  X