Books that don't bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books that don't bet

You guys should make a list of books that DON'T gamble themselves. Aces Gold gambled and look what happened. That would be a great customer service feature here at Bettorsworld. Players should have the right to know who bets and who doesn't when deciding to send their money there. No?

That's a great idea, except how would you figure out who was gambling and who wasn't. Just calling and asking them certainly isn't going to get you a straight answer. They will either say "certainly not" or "if we gamble it is not with the players' money". Some books are already known for doing it.

Would you count laying off? A lot of books do that as well, and that can backfire.

Comment

Those who clearly move their lines are not likely to gamble. Good subject. Two I know of are Macauslot and BetFair.

Comment

It is a good topic. I wouldn't have been as worried a year ago, but now I don't know. Aces Gold is a good example. So is Premiere League. Two books who clearly gambled and clearly lost. Is it a sickness? Isn't being on the better side of 11/10 enough?

Comment

Too many books gamble, or at least one main person in charge does. Most of the times the managers will take bets from the clerks and if they lose just take it out of their pay the next time. There have been some bad situations where people didn't get enough to take home to feed there families.

Comment

Classic.........not paying your help to cover your own gambling debts. There's some real winners out there........

Comment

Aces Gold - Gambled/Lost/Out of business

Dunes - Gambled/Lost/ Out of business

Premiere League - Gambled/Lost/Out of business

Olympic - Gambles - Wins? Loses? Still in business

Pinnacle - Gambles - Wins? Loses? Still in business

Rio - Gambles - Wins? Loses? Still in business

New Age Bets - Gambles - Wins? Loses? Still in business

NASA - Gambles - Wins? Loses? Still in business

Am I missing any?

Comment

Nasa gambles? The principles involved do? Is this big Nasa or Little Nasa? I think you can add Cascade to the list of books that gamble, also Coastal.

A big step would be for the books that knowingly take the action from other books, to not allow the accounts. Often, the transfer accounts for the books are the basis for establishing credit and are used for gambling funds.

Comment

Am I missing something here........dam good thing the few hundred i threw in acesgold I lost before they went under.....back to the books that gamble.....???? You mean they just straight up gamble on teams they think that will win by trying thie luck at capping . Or are these books gambling the other side for balance. Another words too much was wagered on one side in thier own book?

Comment

They straight up GAMBLE. Some of them play the plays of certain wiseguys they've booked to for years, some have handicappers working for them, whatever. At the end of the day, they're gambling. They don't always win and I think it's nuts to play with books who bet. Too risky!

NASA? Yes. Betus.com

Comment

To find a place that doesn't gamble is going to be hard. Most of these people were gambling before the moved offshore. Old habits die hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X