No announcement yet.

Betmaker...What do you guys think?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betmaker...What do you guys think?!?!?

I placed a wager at betmaker. S KOREA/ITALY under 2.5 -125 for $500 to win $400
    Their rulebook STILL states the following:
    Overtime
    In European sports (soccer, rugby, etc.), clients are wagering on the outcome after 90 minutes (regulation time) and no extra time will be included for betting purposes.

...if you visit this page you'll see it:
    Rulebook...

This game was tied after the regulation time. S Korea won 2-1 in over time!

Now, Betmaker has graded my wager a loss because Chester says if I go to the "World Cup handicap and Total Goals" it says over time is included. Here is the wagering site:
    World Cup Handicap and Total Goals....

There were four games on the board last night and the last two that mention over time were not on the screen. Even if they were what does that have to do with the first two games. I placed my wager, on my ticket nothing was mentioned regarding counting over time.

FACT: None of the other books on the web count overtime.

If Betmaker did change the rules they never notified any of their clients. I never recieved any emails from them indicating they count over time starting whatever.

I called their customer service this morning. After about an hour they corrected their mistake and everything was fine. Two hours later I logged in and again it was scored as a loss.

I had a wger on Sweden/SENEGAL contest 2-3 days ago and the same exact thing happened. The game was tied, went to over time. My wager was graded as a loss. I called betmaker, they apologized and corrected my wager. They did not mentioned anything regarding any rule changes.

Chester, the customer service service rep at Betmaker posted the following in another thread @major Wager I guess this morning:
    A,

If you will call me at 1-800-644-6405, I will be glad to help you here. I can not think of a reason why you needed to bring what was a mistake here to the public forum.

Thank you very much for your time and courtesy in this matter.

Sincerely,
    Chester from Betmaker
    So Chester is admitting it is a mistake on their part and is asking the poster to contact him. I dont know what he told the other poster, maybe he corrected his wager and is refusing to do the same for me but when I called him in the afternoon he is talking about rule changes and is saying the wager is a loss!

Comment

I don't see any problem here with the player bringing this mistake to the attention of others. True there are people who abuse the purpose of these forums, but I don't think this is one of them.....

Comment

Were your winnings ever credited or not? That sounds a little disorganized. Why woud only certain games include overtime and not others? Not a good way to get us interested in soccer betting.

Comment

There was a contest between Sweden/Senegal. The contest was on June 16th. As of yesterday the contest was STILL graded as a WIN! That game was also tied 1-1 at the end of regulation. The contest went into overtime and Senegal won 2-1. At first they had graded it as a loss then I called them and they changed it to a WIN. Also, note that this contest was also a second round contest.

All of a sudden they decided to change the rules.

The thing is if I knew these guys now include overtime I would have placed my wager somewhere else. Overtime is thirty minutes. They had the S Korea/Italy U2.5 -125, the were some places that had that game for U2.5 -130.

BETMAKER IS THE ONLY BOOK ON THE WEB RIGHT NOW THAT INCLUDES OVERTIME IN SOCCER WAGERING SO BE CAREFUL IF YOU PLAY THERE!

Comment

So they randomly pick which games they are going to apply overtime to, like a game of Russian Roulette? This has to be some sort of misunderstanding. They correct one and not the other? I hope you aren't planning on giving up on this one.

Comment

Satan, have you gotten this resolved yet?

Comment

Working...
              X