Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other Capper's Using Gurutracker Please Read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Capper's Using Gurutracker Please Read!

I would first like to say this is my first year capping pro this coming july 25th, as my record shows lol...but will continue to up my winners. So by no means am i hear to better myself. i am only here to share some facts about Gurutracker.

They were my first monitor that i joined and they had all my plays from day 1, and i used them as my primary tracker.....but with the unprofessionalism, unthoroughness, neglagence of simply replying to emails, and the list goes on, i dropped them as my primary monitor and will only be using one tracker....freesportsmonitor.com.

i also feel compelled to let you know why i dropped them and think they are a disgrace to the tracking business.

1) there has been countless times id have to take my time to make them aware there were game(s) missing.

2) they promised over 6 months ago to upgrade to a format that would allow us cappers to cancel or fix a game that was entered by mistake. not one change has been made to site since ive been there.

3) its the hardest tracker on the net to submit games. all the games run together, after each game entered, you must use your back button to submit another. this is done only to up there hits and stay time.

4) ive been trying to get credited with a win from game 7 lakers/kings........ive sent 6 emails, not one response. when i first joined once in a great while they would reply but always with aditudes with comments like......"we track your plays for free so what gives you the right to complain?? be priveledged you are on out site". I wonder if they ever stopped to realize if it wasnt for us cappers there site would be nothing?

5) they claim to be the best in the biz with over 400 cappers, well......if this is true, i wonder why only 22 cappers including my self have free picks pages? ever looked at the daily cappers selection page?? if they have 400 0r so, wonder why only 40 sumbmitted picks were today? and wonder why only 35 cappers have bio pages? also......take note of the duplicate names on this list (cappers free selection page). bottom line they have 100 cappers at best.....therefore, id classify them as liars or living in a dream word.

6) finally, the straw that broke the camels back was when i hit over 58 percent in the CFB (which is documented at FSM) only to find its not in the archives. the one sport i dominated in this year wasnt even posted by them. Did they remove it so i didnt take CFB business from their cronies? wtf?

inclosing, gurutracker......you are a joke of a service and i hope other cappers see this soon and find new trackers. you care nothing about the cappers, only the traffic we bring you. bottom line you can kiss my ass and i wish u the worst of luck.

sincerely,
    shannon71.com

shannon71

we are here to help you. we believe our freesportsmonitor offers now and will continue to offer the best exposure for you service.

we take great pride in that product and we hope you continue to use it.

brian

Comment

Re: Other Capper's Using Gurutracker Please Read!

I'm also monitored at Gurutracker and everything you say is basically true. The interface that they use to enter games borders on hilarious.....there's probably a half dozen times that I've entered plays backwards or made some other mistake because its so damn confusing. Missing games are also a problem--sometimes it looks like they'll just arbitrarily cut games off if there's too many on the board. Another problem is that they don't get 'em posted at all until the middle of the morning, while FSM has everything up the night before.

In all fairness, however, I looked at their site just now and the omission of LY's college football appears to be an HTML coding error or similar screwup and not anything that they've done intentionally. Of course getting it corrected is another matter, as you describe. Since they haven't updated their baseball results since Sunday, I wouldn't hold my breath on getting anything fixed.

The only reason I continue to post my stuff @ Gurutracker is because I've been doing it for almost a year now and I figure that the investment of a couple of minutes is worth the exposure I get.

Regardless, your comments are right on the money. Free Sports Monitor is head and shoulders the best of breed....

JRM
      THE PROPHET
      www.netprophetsports.com

Originally posted by shannon71

6) finally, the straw that broke the camels back was when i hit over 58 percent in the CFB (which is documented at FSM) only to find its not in the archives. the one sport i dominated in this year wasnt even posted by them. Did they remove it so i didnt take CFB business from their cronies? wtf?

inclosing, gurutracker......you are a joke of a service and i hope other cappers see this soon and find new trackers. you care nothing about the cappers, only the traffic we bring you. bottom line you can kiss my ass and i wish u the worst of luck.

sincerely,
      shannon71.com
      Affordable, successful and honest handicapping of all major sports and most minor sports.

www.netprophetsports.com

Comment

Can someone explain what a tracker is?

Comment

It's a monitoring service, like the fine one offered by the folks here at Bettorsworld (aka the "Free Sports Monitor"). The one that Shannon31 and I are speaking of here is Gurutracker (www.gurutracker.com).

JRM
          THE PROPHET
          www.netprophetsports.com
          Affordable, successful and honest handicapping of all major sports and most minor sports.

www.netprophetsports.com

Comment

now can someone explain what a monitoring service is? what does it do? who can be monitored and for what purpose?

Comment

Is it a ticker that goes across your screen with picks as they come in?

Comment

What a monitoring service does is monitor a handicappers plays. The way it works is like this--every day I input the same plays that I release to my paying clients. The Free Sports Monitor, for example, is similar to the interface that you'd find at an offshore book--listing the games and available lines. I input these picks for the day, and after the game begins they can be viewed by the general public. Once the games go final they tally up the winners and losers.

It ends up not really being a "verbatim" record of plays for the year (due to line variances and what have you) but at least players can get an idea of who's winning and who's not.

I know that the Free Sports Monitor lets not only sports services be monitored but members of the general public.

JRM
                THE PROPHET
                www.netprophetsports.com

Originally posted by Blowfish
                Is it a ticker that goes across your screen with picks as they come in?

www.netprophetsports.com

Comment

now can someone explain what a monitoring service is? what does it do? who can be monitored and for what purpose?

The purpose of a sports monitor is to unbiasedly and accurately keep track of a sports handicapper's performance record-wise. The idea is that it serves as an independent "watchdog" for all sports service buyers, who like to buy picks from touts. FreeSportsMonitor and Bobby B's National Sports Monitor are two of the really good ones because they both are legit and unbiased. The problem occurs when some sports monitors start taking under the table $$ to bump up the records of cheating touts and also when some sports monitors are actually owned and operated by services who use the monitor to give themselves a good record. It's not the be all and end all in determining if a tout is "good" or "bad", but it is definitely a help when the monitor is legitemate like Free Sports Monitor and Bobby B's monitor.

Comment

Working...
                  X