World Cup Soccer Blows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Soccer Blows

I just wanted everyone to know that I think soccer sucks and the World Cup blows and the whole thing is one big freakin' bore

Amen

That is all

YOU'RE BACK!!! You should try seeing something POSITIVE in at least one thing a day. We'll add that to your anger management schedule.

And when you say "Amen" you generally mean, that's the end so you don't have to say "That is all"

Welcome Back!

Comment

Did you know that more people watched this World Cup Final than all the Superbowls put together? So many people can't be wrong. Hey, I find golf and tennis to be quite boring but that doesn't make it a fact.

WS

Comment

Soccer is the biggest and most popular sport in the world. Nothing even comes close. If you find it boring, good for you. That's just your own opinion, nothing more. It's still the world's greatest sport and the WC is the biggest gambling event in history.

Comment

The World Cup was absolutely the most thrilling sporting event I've ever witnessed. Nothing else even comes close. This is coming from an American who is relatively new to the world of Soccer, just discovered it a couple of years ago.

It gets really tiresome to see the same feeble, narrow minded posts from Soccer detractors. Guess they would rather watch the NFL with its 20 minutes of action and 500 beer commercials over a three hour span. Imagine, 45 minutes of uninterrupted action! And I mean real action.

Must there be 100 goals to keep the attention of an American. Yes, the goal is exciting to see, but everything leading up to that goal is just as exciting. It is incredibly difficult to score a goal, and when it has been scored, you know it has been earned.

The World Cup experience was enough to make me move to Europe and watch Soccer day and night.
          [url=http://www.maxbetsoccer.com]Maxbetsoccer.com[/url]

Comment

There's a few reasons most of us in the USA have trouble getting into it.

For one, our country is only a couple hundred years old. These European countries have been doing battle in one way or another for ages. The rivalries are in their blood. It goes way beyond "just a game".

Why isn't baseball and footballl pupular in Europe???

The other main reason is having a decent teal to root for. America loves a winner. Give us time, we'll get there......just maybe not in our lifetime!

Comment

oddswiz, your arguments are incorrect:

First, Latin American countries (much younger than the USA) are probably the most passionate when it comes to Football (soccer as you call it). Besides that, they weren't colonized by England where the sport was born.

Second, I'm not sure about baseball, but the NFL has its own league in Europe and fans are more and more each year.

Third, you say the US likes winners. The current Feminine World Champions are... yes, you guessed it -> USA. Add to that the GREAT participation of the Men's Team in the recent World Cup (Best results for CONCACAF teams), where they outplayed favorites Costa Rica and Mexico.

You see, there's no reason (except arrogance and ignorance) for the US not to like soccer. That wasn't meant for you by the way but for those detractors who won't accept the sport simply because it wasn't invented in the US. Like you say, you'll get there... just sooner than you expect.

WS

Comment

Golf wasn't invented in the U.S. and look at it--if you work for a big corporation and don't belong to a country club you will probably be put in a broom closet.

Soccer hasn't caught on because Americans have no attention span (and I'm an American). We need the game broken up a hundred times so that we can divert our attention for a few moments or argue about what's going on. Soccer is catching on, and the younger generation is definitely following it--more and more schools are supporting their soccer teams these days.

Another sport that you'd think Americans would like would be Rugby because it is American football with no protection, but nope, that hasn't caught on either.

Comment

from blowfish - "can you name the magazine? Since they weren't sued, it shouldn't be a problem to name the source--since sources should be named if information is copied anyway".

05-07-2002 06:26 PM

Backspin
                  Square

quote:
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally posted by Blowfish
                  Ver dad----can you name the magazine? Since they weren't sued, it shouldn't be a problem to name the source--since sources should be named if information is copied anyway.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ver dad and Checkers (it is obvious you are the same guy)
                  Help me out here, why do you post under different names?
                  And why don't you answer the questions by blowfish?
                  They are fair questions that deserve answers.
                  What prominent publication and where is it found?
                  And I'll add one: What date was it originally published?
                  Thank you

05-14-2002 04:53 PM

cecil
                  Wise Guy

backspin
                  The number of ghosters here who talk to themselves is ridiculous. Its the only problem with this forum IMO.

05-15-2002 01:55 AM

Blowfish
                  Wise Guy

"My point to Checkers about where and when that article was published was just to state that if you state the source it is more credible. Everything stated in the article has basically been stated elsewhere and is accepted as fact."

Yes, blowfish, and I agree, if he quoted the source it might be credible. And conversely, since he has been asked multiple times and refused then it is not credible. Just like he has refused to answer others, like Steve Turner, on questions about his posts here.
                  How do you feel about your questions being ignored, and about being lied to? When someone is asked a question he should have enough respect for the person posting the question to answer, don't you agree?
                  I will answer for him, although he has already answered - with his silence - there is no magazine, it is not found in Vegas, it is not found anywhere. He lied. Plain and simple. It exists only in his fantasy world, which he creates in lieu of having a real life.
                  He has no credibility.
                  What he does have is about 20 different aliases he posts under, usually used to agree with his own point of view, trying to convince others he is relevant, because he is not man enough to post under his real name, or any one name.
                  He is forced to use aliases because his real name is mud, it is mocked, he has no respect in the off shore industry, so he hides behind aliases.
                  He is emasculated (look it up tammy).
                  ts - you got nothing..............
                  Last edited by Sonny Palermo; 07-06-2002, 05:37 AM.

Comment

I don't think my argument is entirely incorrect. I don't think the European football, uh, the NFL spring training league is exactly huge over there.

I don't see baseball catching on over there either. Is that due to European ignorance?

Comment

is baseball catching on in the u.s.? there seems to be a lot of empty seats at the ballpark these days. europe has rugby, cricket, and soccer to watch. european games seem more pure without all the technical rules that cause a game to be stopped every minute.

Comment

HUGE BETTORSWORLD ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Bettorsworld will be making a huge announcement very soon regarding the future of the multi-media Bettorsworld brand...Stay tuned, and we do mean TUNED!!!

Bettorsworld Staff

Comment

Working...
                        X