Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote to Take Place on I-Gambling Ban This Week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote to Take Place on I-Gambling Ban This Week!

Read All of Today's Offshore Insider HERE!

Pressured by other Republican leaders, House Majority Leader Dick Armey, R-Texas, has scheduled a vote Tuesday on a bill to ban Internet gambling. The bill will require a two-thirds majority to pass since it will be voted on under an expedited procedure. Sponsored by Rep. Jim Leach, R-Iowa, the bill would prohibit the use of credit cards, checks and electronic fund transfers to pay for Internet gambling. As recently as last week, Armey reportedly was reluctant to schedule a vote on the Leach bill because it was too controversial and unlikely to receive a two-thirds vote. But House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., pressed for a vote during a House GOP leadership meeting on Tuesday. Hastert spokesman John Feehery said the speaker is confident the Leach bill will pass by a two-thirds majority.

Seems to me like we go through this at least once every 6 months. I can't see this thing passing. Even if it gets by this step on Tuesday, it's still a long way to passing.

Comment

i hope it passes and pushes this industry back underground where it belongs.
      bridge for sale - brooklyn ny - please contact me for details

Comment

you wont be an industry poster boy anytime soon. you should spread a little more negativity.

Comment

i guess egg nog must be a bookie that has to pay true odds to keep his clients from playin off shore ?

Comment

Thankfully, I think it will fall dead in the Senate. They will not be able to vote on it before the Fall recess. They will have to start all over in the House next year.

Comment

Working...
            X