X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Sweep on Wednesday - 3 In A Row Thursday

Minnesota Twins (Radke) at New York Yankees (Pettitte) 8:05 pm EST

Minnesota - Radke +190 (2 Units)

Starters: Brad Radke finished the season very strong. losing only once since July 19th. The Twins finished 11-3 in his last 15 starts while Radke posted a 1.80 ERA over his last 5 starts. He has never had much success against the Yankees but we elude to what happened to Mussina on Tuesday, who was a career 20-2 against Minnesota. This is the playoffs and it is a totally different game. After starting slow with a 5.49 ERA before the break, Radke had a 3.24 ERA post-break. Andy Pettitte has been pitching very well of late also with a 1.50 ERA over his last 4 starts. What is surprising though is even though he is 15-5 in night games, his ERA is a very high 4.83. Even with his strong finish, he finished September with a 4.10 ERA and a 1.63 WHIP.

Bullpen: After Johan Santana left after 4 innings on Tuesday, the Twins bullpen came in and held the Yankees to just 1 run and 6 hits over 5 innings of work, most of which was charged to Guardado. With a day of rest, all of these guys are ready to go again, particularly Romero and Hawkins, who looked the most impressive. They have some work under their belts whereas the Yankees used Nelson for 1 batter and Heredia for 2 innings. The rest of the bullpen hasn’t pitched in 4 days minimum and they could very well come in with some rust if called upon.

Offense: The Twins are hitting .270 on the road against lefties and .260 overall on the season. New York is hitting .262 against righties at home and .272 overall on the year. Minnesota starters are hitting .297 (46-155) against Pettitte in their careers while the Yankees are batting .292 (33-113) against Radke. Not a huge difference but we know that the Twins can get to Pettitte.

Other: The “jinx” was broken on Tuesday as the Twins broke their 13-game losing streak to the Yankees with solid pitching and clutch hitting. Minnesota feels absolutely no pressure right now while the Yankees are feeling every bit of it. The Twins can play relaxed once again already knowing that have grabbed home field advantage in this series. The way Radke has come around the last part of the season shows that he still has great stuff. Taking nothing away from Pettitte but the Twins are now in the drivers seat and we will back them once again on Thursday.
    Insider Edge Sports

Ok, I'm gonna take it with you this time. I got it for 1 Unit.

Go Twins!

Natty

Comment

natty - looking good until the 7th - the hit batter by Radke and then the horrible throw by Hawkins did us in.
      Insider Edge Sports

Comment

Yeah, I knew it was over when they took Radke out. I ended up taking WVU for 2 units so I still came out ahead by alittle.
        Thanks again for those write ups though.

natty

Comment

Working...
        X