Illinois vs Providence NCAA BBall review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois vs Providence NCAA BBall review

14th ranked Illinois will take a 4-1 record on the road to Madison Square Garden (MSG) to play Providence 3-1.

The last time these two schools played was in 1965 with Providence winning 81 to 79. At that time Providence was ranked 10th in the country.

This game is Prime Time and it is the first time the Illini have played in the "Jimmy V Classic". Illinois is 10-8 at MSG.

Providence is 3-1 with wins against South Florida, Alabama and Hofstra, losing only to Rhode Island on the road.

Illinois is road tested, and is ready to play......

Illinois Defense smothered Arkansas (last game) holding them to just 33% from the field and forcing 21 turnovers.

Illinois ranks # 3 in Servansky Power Ratings from VI.

Providence has not faced a team like Illinois all year, and it is safe to say most teams won't. All motion offense, full court on Defense and very deep off the bench.

The "One Man Fast Break" Dee Brown of Illinois has been struggling as of late knocking down the J.... He must more active away from the ball on offense to make it happen and this will occur.

My numbers indicate Illinois by 14 on the road.......

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi.

I Like your Illinois play. I was planning on playing that when the line came out last night but wanted to see what you had to say.

I am looking closely at the Iowa -5 at UNI play and will post if I make a play on it. Leaning towards Iowa right now.

Comment

Illinois came out to play flat footed......... Call it fatigue, to many road games or just the winter delay in arriving at MSG.

I call it ZONE DEFENSE........

Providence has found the crack in the armour of Illinois... Slow them down and they will lose....

I watched this game from end to end and the motion offense was grounded to a halt, they made maybe 1 three point shot.

A total let down early on

Sorry guys really thought they would roll by 12........

Carpet

Comment

They came out strong and I was smelling blow-out. Providence did slow them down to make a comeback and eventually blow Illinois out.

Good capping just a bad spot I guess.

Comment

Working...
        X