X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Play of the Day Wednesday

8-3 YTD

yesterday: won-Iowa +2 at Minnesota

Going to the Big 10 again tonight with a big favorite at Home as it has been the treng so far this yera in the Big 10.

Michigan State -15 vs. Penn State--

Penn State head to the road for he first time this year in confernece play. they are off to a 2-0 start by beating a bad Ohio State team and Minnesota at home. MSU is 0-1 in confernece play so far. You know Coach Izzo does not like being in the basement of the big 10 even though they are only 0-1. I usually do not like laying this many points any time as I look for small favs or dogs to play on. But I think this is a solid play for the day.

Also like, but not my POD:

Xavier -8 at Duquense
    Kent St pk at Miami-OH
    Marquette +5 vs. Cinnci (weird line to me???--seems too easy)
    Wiscy +2.5 at Purdue
    Nebraska -6 at home vs. Colorado

Have not played the above except for MSU -15 and waiting to see what you guys like too.

Ok, ever since I started posted I've been sucking..(isn't it always like that..except for Woodie(way to go dude))

POD(s) record 3-3-1

Today I'm going to go with The Unranked that is favored over ranked teams. This system has worked great over the last 4 years that I have tracked it. I don't know the record for that time..only know that it's way above .500

Purdue-2
    Tennessee-1
    Maryland-2

I'll be back later with my pick on the Cincy/Marq. game.

Comment

I'm adding Cincinnati-5.5 tongiht.

Marquette beat Cincinnati last time out to win the Conf. USA Championship. Cincy is pissed and ready for revenge.

You can say it was embarrassing and frustrating," sophomore Bearcat point guard Chadd Moore told the Cincinnati Post. "We haven't forgotten about it. We take that as a little bit of juice to get us pumped up for the game."

I just want to win so bad," senior guard Field Williams told reporters. "I don't want to end my career not winning at Marquette."

We've talked about it a lot," Cincinnati forward Jason Maxiell told reporters. "That's championship night for us. We're going to go up there and knock them off."

Cincy will win this game and the way they have been playing, they should win the spread as well.

Natty

Comment

nebr-6.5
        ok st-6
        purdue-1.5
        maryland-2

record 1-0

Comment

the underanked favorites are 8-2 this year for me
          3 of my 4 plays today are those
          also I look for seemingly strange spreads like a team that is only mediocre or even really bad fovored over a team with a very good record, like evansville over bradley a few days ago

Comment

1-1 YTD

w vir -8 pod

Comment

Marquette +5.5 over Cinn

Home Court Dog!!

Comment

Adding Ok. st-5. It dropped to -5 and I grabbed it.

Crap, there are ALOT of Unranked favored over ranked. I'm not used to playing all these games in one day but we'll see what happens.

natty

Comment

ILLINOIS -9.0 early line play

Dee Brown will play point guard tonight for Illinois, this will shake things up a bit in a positive direction.

I like Illinois to roll tonight..

See post below

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi.

Comment

If it wasn't for missed free throws I would of not pushed the Purdue game but I can't complain on a 4-0-1 day.

Now my POD is 7-3-2. Congrats again on everyone who picked winners..let's kill the books with this thread. I'l be back tomorrow looking at lines.

Woodie, you pulled it out again. I need to start playing your picks everytime I guess!

RLance-good call today on the picks. That's cool you got Purdue at -1.5. I saw it drop to -1 but I got it -2 at the start of the day.

Take care all,

Natty
                    Last edited by natty; 01-14-2004, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Nice Job Natty. I knew that Cinnci/Marquette was a crazy line that I'm sure a lot of people bit on like I did.

Won my POD on Michigan State by 18 at home.

9-3 POD.

Eneded up only playing Nebraska and Wiscy for money at my book. And like you said Natty, Purdue shouls have covered and I eaked out a 1/2 point win there. Nebraska got beat again and it look like their weak non-conf schedule is catching up with them.

Good Luck and se you Thursday.

What is going on with the Illini, Carpet?

Comment

What a total let down as Illinois loses to NW.

This team has got some very serious issues...

It is obvious that the new Coach Weber's style of play does not work with this young talented squad.

Illinois is a run and gun full floor offense, Webers style is full motion half court offense.

This team is just going thru the motions to pacify the new coach.

What worked at SIU will not work at Illinois...The coach blames the players for lack of intensity and Focus...

These kids played their hearts out under his game plan and got their ass kicked.

I don't see a quick solution to this problem as both the players and coach stand their ground early on.....

Carpet

Comment

Working...
                        X