X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Bay at Washington Sunday NFL

Green Bay Packers at Washington Redskins 1:00 PM ET

Washington Redskins +2.5 –107 (2 Units)

The Redskins are coming off a bye week and catch a Green Bay team that has won their last two games in blowout fashion. The public loves these teams especially laying such a small number. Beside the NY Jets on Monday night, the Packers are the biggest betting side this weekend at 89% at one major book and at 85% on offshore reports. The Washington offense has had troubles scoring but the defense has made up for it, holding their last 3 opponents to 14.7 ppg. Brett Favre is not healthy as his right hand is swollen and black and blue after he sprained it Sunday against Dallas.

The Green Bay run defense has improved in their last two games but it really isn’t saying much. Neither the Lions, who featured rookie Kevin Jones , Shawn Bryson and Artose Pinner , or the Cowboys with Eddie George and Richie Anderson can be considered top-notch rushing offenses. This Sunday, the run defense gets its biggest test yet as they face Clinton Portis who is ready to bust out. They need Portis to do just that to get Mark Brunell some time in the pocket since he has not had any sort of protection recently. In the two games Portis has rushed for over 100 yards, Washington has won. The Packers' secondary is ripe for the picking as long as Brunell gets decent protection. The Redskins could catch a break if Packers cornerback Al Harris and safety Darren Sharper are unable to play effectively on sprained knees. They will be tempted to attack a revamped, young Packers secondary if they can't play. The Packers pass defense is 9th in the NFC in yards allowed but they are 14th in efficiency, allowing a rating of 101.2. Brunell might be ready for a big game here. Green Bay will look to the running game to lead the offense with the injury to Favre but even that is banged up. Ahman Green (Achilles) and Najeh Davenport (hamstring) continue to battle injuries and while both expected to play, neither are at 100%. The Redskins have the top rated run defense in the league entering play this week. Pressure to Favre will be the key on passing downs and the Redskins will blitz anyone in any situation and they are not afraid to take risks. The week off could not have come at a better time for Washington, for the mental aspect if not anything else.
    Insider Edge Sports

redskins just flat out suck. not much more info needed beyond that. if you cant run the ball against that sick GB run D then you are a BOTTOM FEEDING no shot at playoffs patsy. until gibbs wises up and finds a way to get portis more touches in the passing game, this team will remain right there with baltimore as the "penn st's" of the NFL.

Comment

funny how you respond only to the losses. an illegal motion penalty cost them this game, not their running game. they averaged 4.3 ypc on the day as going down early forced them to pass more. the public squares had to win one game on the day I guess.
      Insider Edge Sports

Comment

i wasnt taking any cheap shot at you. sorry if you mis-interpreted it as such. i have nothing BUT love.

Comment

Yeah Insider, love your write ups. It seemed to me that Hart was just venting his frustration towards the Redskins. I believe he was just responding to the game since this was the only thread about it. I believe he in no way was attacking you or your seleciton. If anything I think he was with you on the game and like I said was venting his frustration.
          Keep up the great write ups.
          Most Plays are 1-5 units

Special Plays may go up to 10 units

Unless noted:
          NFL Sides are -104
          NFL Totals are -105

-RACK EM'-

Chris

Comment

Thanks gents.
            Insider Edge Sports

Comment