Money line Parlays vs. Teasers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money line Parlays vs. Teasers

Been screwing around with this for a while and haven't made much of it but I think it is still may be a profitable way to play.

Instead of teasing the 5-7 pt fav.

Play them on the moneyline parlay.

My play tonight:

Illinois -185
    Virginia -260

($100 to win $113 if you are a $100 bettor)

Has anybody else messed around with this at all?

Both teams just need to win and not have to cover any number.

if you would play it at in a tease: Illini +.5/ Virginia -1 (5 pt), you would have to lay $148 to win the $113.

Another angle too:

Looking at this parlay on the ML vs. Teaser:

T'Wolves -320
    Celtics -260
    Niagra (ncaa) -320

3-team 7-pt tease odds: Risk $105 to win $77

Bet these same 3 teams on the ML parlay: risk $100 to win $138.

So basically I am saying that if you are going to think about playing teasers, the parlay may be the way to go since you get better odds for basically the same bet. It would only work for favs and the teaser could be used for the dogs.

I know that teasers and parlays are the book's best friend but I think if this was used wisely and with good money-management, a profit could be made for the entire hoops season. I will keep track of my plays--even if I do not decide toplay them for real money at first and report back soon.

Please add any comments that you may have too. Any info or discussion is appreciated.

Thanks and GL.

yes I have down this many times...in fact I will make three team parlays,5 teams by taking a team giving up a lot of points that I know will win but I am not sure if by the whole amount of points....I just did this last sunday with Pittsburgh -10.5 and Atlanta -9.5 . instead of the point spread I just did the money line on both teams and hit instead of two losers

My Parlay was
    NE -7
    GB -6
    KC/SD over
    PItt ML
    ATL ML

and I came out a winner...not as much money as a regular 5team parlay ....but I will take a winner over less money any day.
    good luck

Comment

Good info.you also could take the moneyline favorites and run a parlay by using(if bet)wagering.I have done this to limit losses during times of bad luck runs.If you have played the moneyline favorites in the NFL the last week you would have won a bunch of parlays.

Comment

It seems most sundays in the NFL if you play the Money line on the big favorites you can win...a lot being 6 or more points
        good luck

Comment

This year it's working out OK because Indy, NE, Philly and Pitt are posting win after win after win. But usually someone flubs it up, in most seasons of outright parity. But I do like the approach and honestly use it myself.

Comment

Working...
          X