Iowa at Illinois Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa at Illinois Thursday

Did not see carpet start this thread yet so I thought I'd jump in. I am looking this one over.

Carpet, please shed your wisdom on this one.

Line is Illinois -13.5 at my book.

Tough call on this one. Iowa has not impressed anyone since the Big 10 opened up. And Illinois conitinues to Roll (Check out the USA Today Sports--Front Page!!) Iowa is 0-3 ATS in Big 10 plays, while Illinois has only covered 1 out of 4 games. Iowa on the road was horrible the first time out vs. Ohio State and they are OSU is definitely not Illinois ( Illinois covered against OSU at -14.5 in Champaigne).

I am going to do some more capping on this and check out the local papers for comments and insights. I live in a 1/2 Iowa 1/2 Illinois part of the country since I sit on the border so it is a big game around here.

My first gut feeling is to lay the 13 with Illinois at HOME in a Blow Out!

Carpet?? HELP!

Woodie the line is razor sharp in this one

two teams with very similar offenses using a 3 guard approach.

My numbers came in exactly at Illinois at -13.5 Iowa matches up well with this Illinois team, both love to run and gun, it should be fun...

Iowa and Illinois always play each other tough, it's hard for Illinois to get up for this one with the Calandar circled for Jan 25 looming...

I dont see a blow out, I do see Illinois winning this game and will cover the spread of 13.5 (I hate the hook in this game and will buy down a 1/2 point)
    Illinois has allowed 2 back door covers in the last seconds of THE GAME,

I look for a good ball game, If Iowa isnt hitting their shots it will be a long bus ride home in the snow storm back to Iowa..

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi

Comment

I had a pretty good day yesterday CBB
      1/19/05 7:00PM NC Charlotte at Cincinnati -8½ Win!
      1/19/05 7:00PM Notre Dame +3 at West Virginia Win!
      1/19/05 8:00PM Michigan +3 at Indiana Loss
      1/19/05 8:00PM Texas Tech -1½ at Missouri Win!
      1/19/05 8:00PM Saint Louis +4 at Southern Mississippi Win!
      1/19/05 8:00PM Minnesota +8 at Ohio State Win!
      1/19/05 8:00PM Nebraska at Kansas -17 Loss
      1/19/05 8:00PM Kentucky at Mississippi +8 Win!
      1/19/05 8:05PM Bradley +12 at Southern Illinois Win!
      1/19/05 8:05PM Drake at Creighton -10 Win!
      1/19/05 8:30PM Duke -7½ at Miami Florida Win!
      1/19/05 9:00PM Virginia at Maryland -10½ Win!
      1/19/05 9:00PM North Carolina -11½ at Clemson Win!

Carpet

Comment

Sorry I got to you late woodee, maybe you are glad I Did...

I placed a small wager on Illinois very small, glad I did...

Iowa layed it all on the floor tonight Peerce 22 points Horner knocking down the 3's and pushing Illinois into OT..

This is exactly what this Illinois team needed, a smack to the jaw, face to face and Iowa hammered home a message that Coach Weber has been preaching since the Big 10 season started...

Tonight Illinois came out flat, Defense was solid forcing 22 turnovers which saved them....

This Illinois team over looked Iowa and I was very afraid of that, as they are focused on Wisconsin It showed early and often....

After watching the game I feel very very good about Illinois trip to Badger land January 25....

Now Coach Weber has the teams attention and he will refocus this squad to laser beam perfection and you can be that they will listen in this weeks practice preparing for Wisky..

At stake is a 38 game home winning streak, Bo Ryan has never lost at the Kohl Center, and Illinois # 1 RANKING.......

Last year Wisky flat out killed Illinois at home, a blow out that Illinois remembers very well...

Wisky does not match up as well to Illinois as Iowa did.

My early Numbers show Illinois to be a 2 point chalk...

I have had this game circled for over 3 months...More to follow

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Comment

A great game. I think Illinois was just a few plays from running away with it.

Very tough, physical game and the Refs let them play, no question.

I was impressed with Illinois and their rebounding. They just seemed to bully Iowa all night long.

Pierre Pierce makes Iowa a tough team to get a handle on. He is out of control and inconsistent. I think Iowa would be a better team without him.

Illinois may be the play in Wiscy Saturday. Lets nail it. I will look over Iowa too and share my thoughts on their next opponent, Pudue at home in IC and game insight.

I think Iowa will be about a 15-17 point fav at home with that line being inflated because they hung with Illinois last night. Purdue sucks but they may be the play Saturday.

Comment

My bad. I thought Illinois played Wiscy on Staurday.

Iowa opens at -11.5 over Purdue at home.

Thought it would be higher. May have to go with Iowa on this one.

Comment

Iowa will be banged up and flat footed coming in to this game my numbers say Iowa by 6...

Purdue is bad on the road,

Is Iowa a reformed team coming off Illinois perhaps.. ? But banged up none the less and are due for a let down, It's not every week you lay it all on the floor and lose against a number 1

The line again is razor sharp....It is up to us the capper to find the weak point

The only weak point i see with iowa is 2 days rest coming off playing the number ranked team in the country as a wounded bear....

Any time these 2 teams hook up it becomes a war...With Iowa's team banged up, playing hurt its time to heal....

Purdue will be in this game

I will play the points here

Good Luck to all

Carpet

P.S.

Circle the Illinois Wisky game as the biggest game of the year...More to follow

Comment

Working...
              X