SIU vs ISU Mens NCAA Ball Wed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU vs ISU Mens NCAA Ball Wed

I have completed my early review of tommorrows lines, there are some pretty scary heights to be achieved...

One game that really stood out of the crowd, was this game...

The Salukis of SIU playing the Illinois State Redbirds of ISU....

Southern is 20-6 on the year and sport a 6 game winning streak vs Illinois State..

Southern (The Salukis) are a 1.5 chalk on the road

Illinois State (Redbirds) are 0-5 Straight up last 5 vs SIU and 1-3-1 ATS last 5 played against each other...

The RedBirds of Illinois State are also on a 2 game home losing streak (Now that is the scary part)

Last game played vs each other SIU won 61-49 on December 23 2004 forcing 20 turnovers, when SIU scores 65 or more points they are 14-1 ytd...

My Battle assessment of the game

DEFENSE

Southern ranks 21st in the nation in scoring defense allowing 60.7 a game, when they hold opposing teams to 60 or less points they have won 15 games...

BENCH

Illinois States bench has been outscored 337 to 445 year to date it is not that deep and not very good.....

FOULS

Illinois State manages to get to the line 6.7 more times a game than its opponents, The Salukis on the other hand are a foul machine, Year to date Southerns opponents in road games shot more than 100 free throws than SIU on the road..

One neutralizing factor regarding free throws is that the redbirds of ISU shoot about 10% less in FT made % vs the Salukis..

X Factor

These 2 teams play a distant eye shot from the book, they are not all over this game as they would be a Major Conf game, I truly believe that they missed this one..

SIU wins this game straight up and by 8

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi

SIU 66 ISU 59

SIU wins by 7

Nailed it

GLT to all

Carpet

Comment

Nice call tonight on SIU & Illini.

Keep the winners coming Carpet!