X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTEP-6 1/2 at Tulane friday

I really like UTEP-6 1/2

i'm thinking about dropping a load on this...10Units

is there anybody that feels, that Tulane can cover this?

Utep beat Houston by 3

Tulane lost to Houston by 21

I welcome any insight..please respond with coments or any thoughts.

otherwise I may look like a fool and bet this hard.

tulane scores so far:
    Sun, Sep 4 at Southern Miss Ppd. --
    Sat, Sep 17 Mississippi State L 14-21 --
    Sat, Sep 24 at Southern Methodist W 31-10 --
    Sat, Oct 1 Southeastern Louisiana W 28-21 --
    Sat, Oct 8 Houston L 14-35 --

UTEP so far:
    Sat, Sep 3 at New Mexico State W 34-17 --
    Fri, Sep 16 Houston W 44-41
    Sat, Sep 24 New Mexico W 21-13
    Sat, Oct 1 at Memphis L 20-27
    good luck

Garrister, While I have no opinion on this game tonight as of now, I thought that you may find this interesting. Sounds like you may want to get a definitive report on Palmer before taking the plunge.I'll be pulling for you tonight.

The following is a copy and paste from covers.com

Bettors taking wait-and-see with UTEP injuries
    Brian Covert

Next time you are sitting in your cubicle pounding away at your computer thinking you’re underappreciated and undervalued, just put yourself in Jordan Palmer’s or Tyler Ebell’s shoes.

The UTEP quarterback and running back are question marks for tonight’s game versus the Tulane Green Wave, but oddsmakers don`t consider that enough reason to lower the Miners from 6 ½-point favorite

“I do expect that to change,” said one lines manager with 5Dimes.com, who prefers not to be named. “I think bettors are just taking a wait and see approach with the injuries before making a final decision.”

Palmer is probable despite re-aggravating his three separated ribs in the Miners` last game, a 27-20 loss to the Memphis Tigers as 2-point favorites two weeks ago. Palmer stayed in the game, throwing for a staggering 437 yards, but was picked off three times and completed less than fifty-percent of his passes. Palmer first suffered the injury in UTEP`s 44-41 win over Houston as 12 1/2-point favorites Sept. 16.

“There`s nothing you can really do,” Palmer told the El Paso Times. “They`re separated from the inside, so if I`m taking a day off, it`s really not going to make it any better. So I might as well just take (an aspirin) and practice. And that`s pretty much what I`ve been doing.”

Ebell is questionable after sustaining an abdominal strain and a hip pointer in the loss to Memphis. The UTEP running back, who has two touchdowns and 344 yards on 77 carries this season, missed a few days of practice last week and hasn’t been going full-tilt heading into tonight’s contest.

“Tyler hasn`t been full blast all week,” said head coach Mike Price. “I don`t know how different it`s going to be. We`ll just have to play it by ear as the game goes along.”

Bettors should still expect to see a healthy dose of sophomore Marcus Thomas and senior Matt Austin even if Ebell is able to go. The two have combined for 96 yards and no touchdowns on 25 carries this season.

“The big decision will be Palmer,” said the 5Dimes.com linesmaker. “If he can’t go the line will drop for sure, maybe a point or a point-and-a-half. As for Ebell, I think Mike Price is a good enough coach to put someone in there to get the job done. After all they are playing Tulane and the Green Wave are certainly no world beaters.”

The total is set at 53 points.
    Last edited by spang; 10-14-2005, 06:01 AM.
    It doesn't take a zoologist to identify the ass.^^^^

Comment

Thanks Spang-U probally saved me some serious $$. I am laying off this now and I will try a game on sat.
      good luck

Comment

Garister! I think Spang information is vital--In my opionion , there is going to be similar outcome from last Pitts. vs Rutgers last two friday night ago. Noone did not give a chance to Rugters covered that game, Zee the result was Rutgers won stright up...

Good luck!
        "What you [I]See[/I] It's what you [I]Get[/I] "

Comment

Thanks guys for all the info, but I did more research and I love this game too much. UTEP had 2 weeks to work everything out and Tulane is like the New orleans saints traveling everywhere and they are just a plain out poor team.

Risking $605 to win $550 on UTEP-7
          good luck

Comment

Good Job Garrister, easy cover
            It doesn't take a zoologist to identify the ass.^^^^

Comment

Working...
            X