Colts Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts Hype

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of all the hype about the Indianapolis Colts going undefeated this season......Every radio show, every website, every newspaper article, everywhere you turn, this is all you hear. I'm sick of all this bullshit......Not only will they get spanked in Seattle, but the way Tony Dungy plays it, they might get their asses kicked in by San Diego as well. How in the hell does anyone expect these overrated charachters to go undefeated this year when they've played the easiest schedule amongst 90% of the teams in the NFL?....There are four games left in the season and Tony Dungy has already stated that he will rest his starters as soon as his team wrap up home-field advantage throughout the playoffs......Well that's typical....This clown coaches along the same lines as Jim Mora, Marty Schottenheimer, Himself, Dennis Green, Norv Turner, and countless others who have had dominant teams in the past but have always found a way to play conservative enough to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. As a kid, I remember when the Los Angeles Rams were 11-0 after eleven weeks of the season, and they inexplicably lost their last 3 games by resting players and waiting for the "big game".....Many fans and observers, sportswriters included were pointing out that they were merely "playing possum" and waiting for bigger game......O.K, they got their helmets handed to them by the then Baltimore Colts behind a guy by the name of Johnny Unitas, and the rest is in the record books (even though the Colts in turn got blind-sided by a team called the New York Jets-an 18 point underdog commandeered by some guy named Joe Namath), but I'm hoping you get the picture. C'mon folks, and especially you ink-hyping journalistic storywriters......Let's not forget that the current football season is 16 games long and not 12.....What the Dolphins did in 1972 was something special, and not soon to be forgotten, give them credit for what they accomplished, and not to someone else who has yet to accomplish anything.....If and when they win it all, or go undefeated, then I will be the first to bow down into a plate of crow.....until then, that's where I'm at guys, how about you?
    ;)

Seattle wont get a chance to hand them their first defeat...
    The Jags and San Diego will beat them to it...

Comment

I think they will lose a game for sure, even if they don't rest starters. I made that bet before last weeks games that they will lose a game this season, at -210.

Comment

Just saw the odds for when they will lose first.

Week 14- Jags 3:1

Week 15- Chargers 4:1

Week 16 - At Seattle 7:2

Week 16 - Cardinals 12:1

Undefeated 5:9

Depending on what Dungy does with his starters, Like the chances of SD and even better at Seattle. Think they win this week at Jax.

Contemplating throwing some cash on SD next week.

Comment

Even with the bad odds I would think all the smart bettors would be on the not going undefeated for the season bet.

Comment

No further questions, your honor....I rest my case.
            Originally posted by Boone Moone
            I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of all the hype about the Indianapolis Colts going undefeated this season......Every radio show, every website, every newspaper article, everywhere you turn, this is all you hear. I'm sick of all this bullshit......Not only will they get spanked in Seattle, but the way Tony Dungy plays it, they might get their asses kicked in by San Diego as well. How in the hell does anyone expect these overrated charachters to go undefeated this year when they've played the easiest schedule amongst 90% of the teams in the NFL?....There are four games left in the season and Tony Dungy has already stated that he will rest his starters as soon as his team wrap up home-field advantage throughout the playoffs......Well that's typical....This clown coaches along the same lines as Jim Mora, Marty Schottenheimer, Himself, Dennis Green, Norv Turner, and countless others who have had dominant teams in the past but have always found a way to play conservative enough to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. As a kid, I remember when the Los Angeles Rams were 11-0 after eleven weeks of the season, and they inexplicably lost their last 3 games by resting players and waiting for the "big game".....Many fans and observers, sportswriters included were pointing out that they were merely "playing possum" and waiting for bigger game......O.K, they got their helmets handed to them by the then Baltimore Colts behind a guy by the name of Johnny Unitas, and the rest is in the record books (even though the Colts in turn got blind-sided by a team called the New York Jets-an 18 point underdog commandeered by some guy named Joe Namath), but I'm hoping you get the picture. C'mon folks, and especially you ink-hyping journalistic storywriters......Let's not forget that the current football season is 16 games long and not 12.....What the Dolphins did in 1972 was something special, and not soon to be forgotten, give them credit for what they accomplished, and not to someone else who has yet to accomplish anything.....If and when they win it all, or go undefeated, then I will be the first to bow down into a plate of crow.....until then, that's where I'm at guys, how about you?
            ;)

Comment

Guess you won't be eating crow for Xmas. Good call!
              Glad to see it was my home team, Los Chargers, that did 'em in. Nothing better than seeing Peyton Manning pick his ass off the floor all day long
              Last edited by dragon1952; 12-19-2005, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Was getting worried about my bet there for a second.

Comment

thank god the colts lost...as a new england fan only thing that would be as pleasant as winning another superbowl is the colts not winning it.

Comment

Working...
                  X