College Hoops week of 1/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hoops week of 1/16

13-13-1 YTD. Finally hit a bit of a hot streak to get back to even on my posts.

Monday:

Southern Illinois +6 at Northern Iowa...UNI has been hard to figure this year. Think they win tonight but in a close one vs. SIU

Evansville +9 at Illinois State...Just too many points to cover for two bad affensive teams. Think this will be a low-scoring game and 9 is just too many.

North Texas -2 vs. Denver...Just backing the home team here.

Looking at the KU/Mizzou game too but can't get a good read on it. Probably will pass unless Mizzou gets to around + 4 or 5 by gametime.

Bonus Golden Globes bet:

Jason Lee-- even odds to win best actor for TV series comedy for "My Name is Earl." Think this is the best value on the board for the awards.

Some may say I'm crazy but i like the Orangemen to beat the Huskies +2. I think Orangmen are rollign now beating both ND and Bearcats on the road and G-MAC is on fire if you happened to watch thos elast two road wins. Huskies are vulnerable to the big three pointer as you saw when they got blown out against MArquette. Take the underdog home team here.....

Comment

Today, 11:36 AM

Great day woodee, these are my picks to fade..

N.Texas -1'
      Akron -8

Got these lastnite..

Good Luck!!

Copied and pasted from earlier thread.

Hey Danny_Dice, I also like 'cuse to win this game...Good luck!
      [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

So much for sucky orangemen...bunch of sorry homos

Comment

lol! same way I feel about the bears right now.....damn retards. If they don't cover...i'm glad they lost. Serves the bastards right.....sorry ass wimps.
          Last edited by dragon1952; 01-16-2006, 10:15 PM.

Comment

1-0-2 on Tuesday.

So.Illinois should have covered, but better than a loss. And N Texas made a solid comeback to end up winning by 2. Looks like rick hit it with the -1. Evansville also came back and that was a pretty close cover as well since they were down about 15 most of the game.

Comment

14-13-3 YTD.

Tuesday:

5-point Tease:

Illinois +7.5 at Indy
              Iowa State +8.5 ay Nebraska

2 teams that are capable of winning SU even on the road. Taking the extra points here becasue I think the regular lines are right on. ISU is a similar team to Nebraska with the huskers being a bit better on the defensive end of the floor. Coach Morgan has been on his troops since the game they gave away on Saturday vs. TTech. I think they come out playing inspired ball tonight. And Illinois is just Illinois. They had there rude road awakening at Iowa so I think that will prepare them for the hostile Hoosier crowd. This one seems like a really good play, but so did my NFL plays over the weekend.

Good Luck and I may have one more later too. Still trying to figure the Ohio U game out.

Comment

This is what I got so far.....

Ohio pk
                Marquette +2
                L'ville -2

Also have these in a 3 teamer

Ill/Ind Over 135

Good Luck!
                [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

15-13-3 YTD. 1-0 last night.

Wednesday:

Playing on ALL home teams tonight.

ML Parlay:

Ohio State -190 vs. Wiscy
                  Penn State -260 vs. Purdue

Two Big 10 home teams. Ohio State needs the win. Purdue just plains sucks.

ML Plarlay:

Vandy -240 vs. South Carolina
                  UCLA -300 vs. UCLA

Comment

I'm learnign my lesson and never bettin against Duke...DONT DO IT!! LOL

Comment

Took a few days off. Back today with one of my largest plays of the year.

BW record 46-26 and rapidly sinking towards a sea of mediocrity

Been playing CMU under all year and like tis spot better than all of them. Akron grinds out a really ugly win much like Monday in Cleveland. The Zips, inspired by a trip to the movies last night to see Glory Road, will play good D despite this being their third game in 5 days.

Akron/ CMU under 128
                      Last edited by spang; 01-18-2006, 05:36 PM. Reason: corrected record
                      It doesn't take a zoologist to identify the ass.^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_Dice
                        I'm learnign my lesson and never bettin against Duke...DONT DO IT!! LOL
                        In my lifetime I have very rarely picked the right side in Duke games. I go with them and they don't cover. I go against them and they cover. I don't understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by spang
                          Took a few days off. Back today with one of my largest plays of the year.
                          BW record 46-26 and rapidly sinking towards a sea of mediocrity

Been playing CMU under all year and like tis spot better than all of them. Akron grinds out a really ugly win much like Monday in Cleveland. The Zips, inspired by a trip to the movies last night to see Glory Road, will play good D despite this being their third game in 5 days.
                          Akron/ CMU under 128
                          Welcome back bud! Still a great record so far.

Comment

Adding a 2nd Half play on Detroit U +6-115
                            It doesn't take a zoologist to identify the ass.^^^^

Comment

Hoops totals - Thursday

Long-time reader, first time posting. Anyone remember when this place was bookieshell?

Many thanks to Woodie12, Spang, the Boys, Carpet and all the rest who share their handicapping genius with the rest of us.

YTD 0-0

Some totals plays for tonite:
                              UNC/Va Un 142, game should play in the low 130's
                              Utah/AF Ov 114, game should play into the 120's
                              Stan/Az Ov 138 , game should play into the 150's

Comment

Working...
                              X