Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boone Moone Afc/nfc Championships Sunday

PITTSBURGH AT DENVER

Down to four teams now, and not many can argue that they aren't the best teams in football.............Even though the Steelers went through a spell there where they nearly failed to even qualify for a wild-card spot, you get the feeling that Bill Cowher and his staff always had things under control......they knew that as soon as they got healthy again, they could compete and beat the best......Well, they've been there, done that, and now find themselves in a position to get back to the big game for the first time in 10 years......The only problem is that the road goes through Denver.

I've ranted on this forum for the past couple of weeks about how important that is because of the altitude and serious home-field advantage Denver enjoys.......Even though the Steelers are playing with the utmost confidence and brutal hitting football on both sides of the field, I just feel that they have too much to overcome in this contest.

I don't think we've seen Denver's best yet, and many seem to forget how close this team came to being 15-1 during the regular season.......Their speed is unmatched with guys like Tatum Bell and Ashlie Lelie, Rod Smith is more than window dressing and Mike Anderson puts the candle on the cake........The defense has gone unheralded this season but you ain't gonna find a better defensive captain than Champ "101 yard interception for no touchdown" Bailey.

I was a little disturbed when the line opened so low, but let's face it, the Broncos have pretty much gone unnoticed and haven't gotten the respect they deserve all year.....Hence I think it all makes sense.....Takin' the Broncos minus the 3-spot, playing a moneyline parlay to the next game......Also playing the over on this one just to make it interesting........DENVER 31.....PITTSBURGH 21.

CAROLINA AT SEATTLE

On this one I'll be brief......Simply put, Seattle has more AND better weapons......With no DeShaun Foster, the Panthers will struggle once the Seahawks key on Steve Smith......Not to sound redundant, but home-field is huge here also.......I like this game a whole lot more than the early one, and will be putting all of my eggs in one basket here........Will go huge on Seattle here minus the 3 1/2, hook them up with Denver in a moneyline parlay, and throw in the UNDER just for kicks while I'm hopin for something like....SEATTLE 24.......CAROLINA 13.

Pay the rent first and best of luck to all of my fellow players.
    ;)

Ok lets look at the big picture here...ONE of these dogs have to at least cover...dont you think? If you are a dog player like me PITT and Carolina is the way to go...GOOD LUCK TO ALL and hope everyone makes some good coin tomorrow

Comment

Seattle did have 3 home wins by only 3 however, there's a reason Seattle opened up at -6'. The public has bet it down 3 whole pts....3' at one time. I'll take the oddsmakers over the public anyday.
      IF either dog covers I think it will be Pittsburgh. The Broncos had several close wins at home this year also winning by 3 over S.D., and by 2 over both Wash and Balt so it wouldn't be unprecedented. But I think both home teams cover this time. Good luck wit da dogs though.

Comment

Hey Dragon, I totally agree with you on the possibility that Pittsburgh has a chance to cover, that explains my moneyline wager on Denver, what if Denver wins 28-27 or 31-30?........Believe me, I'm afraid of this game going to the dog, but as I said, I'm strictly playing the Broncos because it gets very hard for visiting teams to get air in their lungs about midway through the 2nd quarter......Sure, the Bronc's are breathing the same stuff, but they'll be a little more acclimated to it..............Besides, where's the rule that says one of the dogs HAS to cover?
        ;)

Comment

WHOAAAAA CIGAR CITY!!! What are the chances of Denver scoring 4 TD's and covering??? Sorry to all who took Denver

Comment

Don't know about YOU guys, but MY weekend was good......Seattle saved my bacon (guess it had something to do with "putting all of my eggs in one basket").......Did well enough on that game to take the next six months off to regroup (I probably won't play the Super Bowl simply because of the last 26 years, I'm probably a little less than 50% on that game).......Could have retired if either :

(A) Denver had showed up
            or
            (B) Carolina hadn't scored that garbage touchdown

Nontheless, I knew at the opening kick-off that Denver was the wrong play since they looked meek and appeared to have been dragged onto the field, while Pittsburgh was bucking chests, slapping and bucking heads and all fired up......Only thing is, it was to late to change the bet.......No biggie, thanks to money mangement, it didn't really matter, and let's face it, that's what this game is all about (if you wanna win, that is).

One last note to the Diceman.......Did you almost shit yourself (A.K.A. "Crap Out") when Denver made it 27-17 and then recovered that fumble?.....Trust me son.....do yourself a favor.....Don't ever, ever, NEVER gloat at halftime, or anytime until the game is over....It's the kiss of death......Lucky for you it wasn't THIS time, but just the same, I feel sorry for anyone that had Carolina (smile).
            ;)

Comment

I know that is my prob...sometimes count my money to soon. Also if you notcied, Carolina might have scored another garbage TD if Steve Smith didnt fumble....Seattle also covered the second half as well. Good job though Boone, glad you came through though....

Comment

Working...
              X