Super Bowl Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Hype

[B]C'mon guys.....Here it is 4 days before the big game and nobody's doing any trash talkin' or hyping their favorite team or voicing their opinion or nothin' ?!!!!!......Heck, there was more buzz surrounding the "wild card" games and the AFC/NFC Championships than this!!!

Maybe everybody's too busy (like me), or maybe no one can make up their mind (like me).....but I just thought that someone should get the ball rolling for entertainment purposes if nothing else......Let's hear it.
    ;)

Well the media hype is all about Bettis (the self-proclaimed 250 pounder...yea right!!) in his home town and for the Steelrs to romp the Hawks. I am still undecided but as you guys already know...i like playing the dogs rather than the chalks. 4 points for a team that can sure as hell pass and run is sure a lot of points.....

Comment

My feeling on the Super Bowl is thats its just another game that really holds not much value from a wagering standpoint. I may thow a couple bucks on something but would rather find a game with more value that the largest public betting game of the year.

Should be a great game either way and I am excited to watch it with more than a few cocktails that day.

Comment

I couldn't agree with both of you more.....Like Dice says, 4 points is a nice cushion for a team as explosive as Seattle, but like Woodee points out, it's just another game with a bunch of hype and usually overbet.....Myself, I don't usually bet very big on the Super Bowl because they're unfigureable most of the time....but it is fun to make some "goof-around" bets on the props and office pools and such.......I'm just hoping for a good game like everybody else and I might make these plays:

Seattle M/L bet $1000 to make $1600
        Pittsburgh to win by 11 or more (6-1 odds) $400 to make $2,400

Stupid bets they appear to be indeed, but I'm just figuring that the pointspread won't come into play at all.....It rarely does in games of this caliber....Look at all of the Super Bowls that have been one-sided Super BORES !!!.......I'm lookin' at either Seattle to win the game outright, or for the Steelers to blow them out.....If I'm wrong, what's $1,400?.....Not nearly what I lost on Peyton Manning's useless ass......Either way, I'll be in Vegas watching the thing for the 17th year in a row having a few beverages (amongst other things) and trying to punch the buttons on the hotel elevator after the game (now I know why they put them in braille).......Have fun guys, good luck and tell me what YOU think.
        ;)

Comment

Back up to -4.5 again. I like Seattle to win outright and might make a small wager on the ML but I'll probably take the points too, and maybe a 6 pt teaser Sea+10' and O41.

Comment

My small play is:

Seattle +11
            UNDER 54

7-point tease.

Just seems like the best play here, But just throwing about 3/4 unit on it.

Good luck to you guys on whatever you play!!

Comment

i made my decision....C-HAWKS plus the points....my take on it...Hawks giving up just 13 mor epoints overall than the Steelers and Hawks have Holmgren who is already a winning and great offensive coach. Defense is under rated as it is and the Steelers havent played a game yet in which the "public" has deemed them the favorite..Hawks on the other hand have played all year getting NO RESPECT..usually those type of teams win outright but I'll take the points as a nice cushion in case of a close game or overtime.

Comment

Also feeling the OVER but please don't let my projection sway you one way...if you feel you need to bet just because it is the "big game" then do a small prop bet or what BOONE MOONE is doing and play C-Hawks ML with Steelers giving a ridculous amount of points.

Comment

has there ever been a bigger stiff at QB for a team that got the win in a SB? that pig was simply awful the whole game. isnt he supposed to be the second coming of Tom Brady? lmfao...that slob couldnt carry brady's jock. worthlisburger's hail mary completion to ward was about his best play. or maybe those 2 yd shuffle passes to randle-el....... guess we wont be hearing too much more hype about his incredible QB rating. TY big ben! i took a few props against that stiff. i am happy however for cowher, but enough of fat boi bettis & loud mouth porter (did he even play?).

if seattle had a clue how to manage a clock and would have taken away pittsburgh's only weapon (ward), the lombardi trophy wouldnt be with the 5th best team in the NFL. parity has truly arrived.

Comment

Seattle's downfall was:
                    1) Pitiful clock management, both at the end of the 1st half and end of game.
                    2) Pitiful punting......every chance they had to pin Pittsburgh back the dumbass punted into the end zone.
                    3) Dropped passes.....twice a dropped pass on 3rd down forced a long field goal attempt (which was missed)
                    4) Questionable officiating....twice critical plays ( a touchdown and a completion to the 1 yd line) were called back for phantom or marginal fouls.
                    5) Bad coaching judgement....Why do you give Pittsburgh the ball back with 6 min remaining and down 2 scores close to mid field?

Both teams played like shit overall.

Comment

THAT WAS PROLLY ONE OF THE WORST SUPERBOWLS I HAVE EVEN SEEN IN MY LIFE. NO OFFENSE ON EITHER SIDE AND HOW DOES THAT STREET CRIMINAL (defensive back for the seahawks) NOT SCORE A TD ON THAT INTERCEPTION?? ARE YOU TELLING ME A DEFENSIVE BACK RAN OUT OF GAS? A PRO ATHLETE??? I am pissed not cause I lost money, i was up big with NBA and college hoops anyway, but because i felt i wasted a FULL sunday preparing and hyping myself for this aweful game. If it werent for that joint i smoked, i probably would of ended watching re-runs of Different Strokes.

Comment

I hear you Diceman......That truly was a shitty game to sit through....But I think Dragon hit the nail on the head with his #4 comment....The officiating being atrocious at best.......The pass interference they called on that
                        Seattle touchdown was bad enough, especially when you've got former pro players like Micahel Irvin and Tom Jackson calling it a horrible call themselves......But the even bigger blunder was the holding call that nullified a first-and-goal at the one for Seattle that never took place either, and this would have given them the lead in the 4th quarter.....Al Michaels and John Madden were shaking their heads in the booth, and after watching the replay stating, "There was no holding in THAT picture"......But as I've been saying all year long, the officials run the game, and it's really up to them who wins.........I'm not saying this from a bitter standpoint because I made out on the game (you guys saw my plays a week ago), but you see, football is my bread and butter and I would just like to see the games (especially the important ones) played on the up-and up.

If the officiating continues as it was in the playoffs and Super Bowl, before we know it , we'll have another WWF on our hands, where everthing is scripted, and the outcome is already decided before the contest even begins.

Hope to keep in touch with the Forum even though MY season is over, but now and again we get a good play on the bases, so hope to be in contact soon......good luck everbody, and just remember.....anyone can pick winners, but it's how you manage the money that counts. Take care.....Boone.
                        ;)

Comment

Read this by Tony Moss from The Sports Network if you want a nice laugh. This was part of his post SB write-up.

OFFICIAL RECOGNITION

Though the NFL's officials took some shots from the media during the postseason, give referee Bill Leavy's crew credit for their just-about- flawless work in Super Bowl XL. Both major calls that were reviewed, the Roethlisberger touchdown in the second quarter and the overturned Hasselbeck fumble in the fourth, both ultimately resulted in the correct decision. Otherwise, Super Bowl viewers scarcely noticed the officials, which means they called a good game.

Un-freakin-believable.

Comment

He Must Have Been Watching The Lengerie Bowl.
                            ;)

Comment

It is evident that refs had money on the UNDER trying to keep the Seahawks out of the endzone.....

Comment

Working...
                              X