Can Ark play with USC..???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Ark play with USC..???

I think that USC will win this game by 2 touchdowns. I know that Booty is making his first start, but look who he is throwing the ball too. Dwayne Jarrett (Enough said there), Steve Smith 60 receptions last year about 16yds/catch, Patrick turner who is just like Jarrett, 6'5" and has tons of athleticism. Finally you have Fred Davis whom has been highly talked about.

Another important thing about a new qb is whether or not he is going to have any time. Well, how about USC still being considered as one of the top OL units even with their departures. But they do return 2 players whom had all-american mention last year, Sam Baker LT and Ryan Kalil at center. This should be another strength for USC

On the other side of the ball, USC has arguably the best LB unit in the country. Pete Carroll was quoted for saying, "We have the deepest linebacker unit since I have arrived on the scene."

Arkansas does return a lot of people and will be at home but they are always known for their running game. Note to self, Mcfadden is injured. I categorize that as a pretty big issue for Arkansas fans.

As a final note, who remembers when everyone tried to figure out what USC would do when Carson Palmer and Justin Fargas went pro? Solution: the next QB in line, Matt Leinart. I think that booty will do just fine. Especially knowing that you have over a hand full of 5 star recruits every year. USC is just flat out to athletic. Remember last year was a 53 point spanking, I like the way this one looks, USC all the way.

I tend to agree.

I'm not playing this one, but USC looks like the side.

People have to remember that just having 19 starters back doesn't make a team good. Ark has 10 offenseive and nine def starters back. But those are starters from a 4-7 team that lost 70-17 to USC!

USC/Pete Carrol does some of the best recruiting in the country. USC should once again be loaded.

Ark does figure to be improved and as a credit to them, USC was really the only game they were never in last year. They played Georgia to a field goal and LSU to a two point game.

The fact that they have a huge revenge motive and they get USC to kick off the year, at home, in prime time on ESPN is enough for me to stay away from the game. Never underestimate motivational edges.

Comment

First, I love College football and glad to be discussing it.

Second, I think this may be one of those games where too much credit is given to the home doggy and not the better team. Personally, will probabably stay away from this game but think USC rolls and cover the spread by quite a bit. May throw a few bucks on USC but see a blow out waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
      X