ncaa thursday and friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ncaa thursday and friday

Thank god college football is here. Even though I have been winning in bases, I am burned out on it. It is a very long season. With football you get the opening lines on Sunday and have all week to think about them and get psyched up for them. It is not the daily routine like baseball.

I am going to rate my plays similar to baseball. I had one, two and three unit plays in bases and I will do the same thing in football. My three unit plays will be called best bets, my two unit plays will be called strong plays and my one unit plays will be called regular plays.

I for the most part will have write-ups for every game that I pick. I am also going to add plays this year called opinions. Opinions I am not actually putting money on. They are games I like but cannot pull the trigger on. I will keep a record of my opinion plays separate from my other plays.

Lets starts off with our Thursday night games……………..

C Michigan +12 vs Boston College (best bet)…………..This is going to be an easy winner or a horrible, horrible loss. I can see C Michigan giving them all they can handle and having a chance to win it in the fourth quarter. Usually in the first week of the season I am dead on or way off. The one thing I feel confident about is if C Michigan does not get the cover that they will completely be blown out of the water in this one. Obviously, I am going with the cover. From everything that I have read C Michigan has some talent on this team while B C has to replace some people. Those mid-American conference teams can give people fits, especially on their home fields. You are going to see a really fired up team wanting to prove to America that they can play ball vs the bigger conferences. There is no way BC can want this game as much as C Michigan does. I am not saying they don’t care, but it is human nature for the smaller team to be hungrier and feel they have more to prove. The first week is always scary and you have that unknown factor about just every team, but I feel pretty good about this one. My only regret is I did not jump on this one when it was 13.5 points, but I really don’t think that will make a difference.

Buffalo -6 vs Temple (strong play)………….Yes it is good to have high school football starting back up, I mean college football. I will start by saying the Buffalo sucks, but Temple really sucks. Temple sucked last year and just about that entire team is gone. I guess that might not be a bad thing for them. Buffalo is at home and I think that will make a big difference in this game. Buffalo has more back than Temple does from last year and they get the game at home. Something tells me this is going to be a real boring game. If this line were more than seven, I probably would not play it, even though I think they win easy. You just never know when you play two bad teams what will happen. I do think Buffalo is the better team here and should win.

Kent State +15 vs Minnesota (regular play)……………It used to be Minnesota could not win a road game. They have certainly improved in that area, but I don’t think they should be more than a two touchdown favorite on the road vs just about anybody. Yes, Kent sucks, but they have 18 starters back from last year including their QB. I say they will be much improved. I don’t really see Minnesota being up for this game at all, they know they are going to win. I will take my chances with Kent at home getting all those points. I say they sneak under that number, even if they get a back door cover, that would be fine with me.

Utep +2.5 vs San Diego State (regular play)…………..I think both teams will be improved this year, but I feel that utep is the much better team. I really like their QB (Carson Palmers brother), he is already a good one and only going to get better. I get the feeling this game will be a shootout with utep winning something like 38-31.

OPINIONS

Northwestern -4 vs Miami-Ohio (Nwestern not as down as people think)
    Iowa State -8.5 vs Toledo (Home field the difference in this one)

That is all for Thursday. There is one game on Friday and I just have an opinion on it, no official play.

Nevada +12.5 vs Fresno State (Offense can hang in this one)

There you go, my first picks of the year. I feel pretty good about them, but it being the first week you just never know. Win or lose, I am excited ncaa football is back.

I will be back Friday afternoon with all of my Saturday plays, probably in a different thread so you know where to look.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Good Luck this year Mark, Will be with you and like reading your write-ups.

Comment

Working...
    X