Iowa State vs. Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa State vs. Iowa

Okay, first off, i am an Iowa State backer all the way but for betting purposes have to be realistic. Was there when they sucked but still ove the thru the really bad days--But have to realize 6-5 or 7-4 is huge for me.

I see Iowa in a route!

Line was delayed to see if Drew tate was playing...He is...and may have ben extra added protection for him to sit out the Cusae game. He may have been hurt but not as badly as they made it seem. And delaying the call for this week--Most of my buddies (or inside contacts some call them-Just hard-core Iowa friends of mine) say he knew he would play when they left cuse.

Iowa is on huge revenge kick. Lost at Ames last year as tate was knocked out early. And all they have been hearing is that Iowa is now the Cyclone State..Billboards are even 25 miles from iowa City and inmy local paper as we speak-And I am in Estern Iowa far from Ames.

Enough of the BS-except that I think in interstate rivals, it is huge espcially in Iowa. Imagine if Nebraska had a Nebraska State???? Not much more to do here except college sports and of course the STL Cards!!

The game--Iowa has a huge edge on offensive over a young, untested, ISU D. They beat Toledo and UNLV. Toledo showed them they can score and UNLV's So.Cal transfer QB was out in the first quarter. So no test there for the Iowa offense. With Young in the backfield and a controllong o-line they dominating the trenches. The OL line will simply overmatch the clones D-line all day!!

Iowas State on offense---Will try to run with Hicks to open up passing game. Iowa's D, which stopped 4, 1st and goal drives at Cuse, will stuff that idea. Meaning, Meyer will have to go to the air but under pressure. He has one reciever who can make the big, play, Blythe-- But they haven't figured out how to get it to him or use him to get it to the other guys. Meyer can run, but I think his bad runs when he should have passed, outwiegh the times that he runs and gain yards. ISU said said they gave him the option to run more this year and he seems like the type that will be thinking run when something was open for the pass whiuch is bad also.

Anyway, I think the line opens up about right for book's balanced action. I had 12 as my number. But for the play, I think Iowa covers the 13.5 that is currently out there with ease. With the huge hype from the rilvary, I think the books have to stick with the 12-14 to keep balanced action. I alos think it is way to low in this blow-out.

Iowa 38
    Iowa State 10

(sidenote: I will be rooting for ISU but my money is with Iowa. As much as I hate to admit)

BTW, I also put a wager on Iowa -12 (-119 buydown from 13.5). Thats why you have to love Pinnacle!!!

And the Hawks have a really crazy ATS record at Kinnick. Don't know HC Ferenz recard ATS at home, but impressive.

So my play is Iowa -12 over ISU...At 13.5 most places if you don;t want to buy points. Like to the added insurance with the buy down but 13 is still a numbner I'd play!

Comment

I was wondering where you were at on this game. Thanks for the write up!

Natty

Comment

Hey, Natty, How'd you do on your 10 NFL bets that we won for the pre-season contest? I went 6-4.

Comment

Bet Againist your team?

I really don't touch my team on betting. Unless of course you wanna ease the pain of a loss on your own team. I think its bad karma. That's just me though, it especially sucks when your team loses but the favorite doesn't cover the spread.

Comment

Woodie12- I went 7-3 with those 10 picks.

We both hit above 55% so that's good.

Comment

Working...
            X